BR 13 (missing in action)

Old September 19th 04, 10:08 PM
tonykara

Default BR 13 (missing in action)

how was yesterday?

i was not happy in missing this weeks ride, but unfortunately m
ignition coil decided to relieve its self of its sole duty on saturda
night. luckily it happened 200m from my fiance's house, so 5 minute
later it was pushed to her place and left there until the RACV cam
along to tell me my car is a piece of you know what and i shoul
immediately swap it for a new european variety. well either that or
go to repco the next day to buy a new ignition coil.

well to cut a long story a little shorter, couldnt get home on saturda
night, needed to fix the car sunday so i missed out on yet another ride
however im determined to get the km's in the legs and thanks to the eve
extending daylight i will start riding in the evenings

--
tonykara

Old September 19th 04, 10:41 PM
phillipm

tonykara Wrote:
how was yesterday

i was not happy in missing this weeks ride, but unfortunately m
ignition coil decided to relieve its self of its sole duty on saturda
night. luckily it happened 200m from my fiance's house, so 5 minute
later it was pushed to her place and left there until the RACV cam
along to tell me my car is a piece of you know what and i shoul
immediately swap it for a new european variety. well either that or
go to repco the next day to buy a new ignition coil

well to cut a long story a little shorter, couldnt get home on saturda
night, needed to fix the car sunday so i missed out on yet another ride
however im determined to get the km's in the legs and thanks to the eve
extending daylight i will start riding in the evenings.

I missed it as well - not that I wasn't there but was the only one
Waited till 7:35 and decided it must have been called off (or my cloc
was wrong)

However, a nice, cold (and a little moist) solo ride to Mt Dandenon
via Lillydale didn't go astray. Man, the last 2km to the top i
painful. So, 95km yesterday and 105km on Beach Rd Saturday I though
I'd be pushing my bike to work this morning but I feel good. I must b
getting fit.:eek

--
phillipm

Old September 20th 04, 03:14 AM
kyra

phillipm Wrote:
I missed it as well - not that I wasn't there but was the only one
Waited till 7:35 and decided it must have been called off (or my cloc
was wrong).

However, a nice, cold (and a little moist) solo ride to Mt Dandenon
via Lillydale didn't go astray. Man, the last 2km to the top i
painful. So, 95km yesterday and 105km on Beach Rd Saturday I though
I'd be pushing my bike to work this morning but I feel good. I must b
getting fit.

I was a no-show also... busted spoke from beach rd ride on saturday..
not happy!

--
kyra

Old September 20th 04, 09:05 AM
DaveB

kyra wrote:
phillipm Wrote:

I missed it as well - not that I wasn't there but was the only one.
Waited till 7:35 and decided it must have been called off (or my clock
was wrong).

However, a nice, cold (and a little moist) solo ride to Mt Dandenong
via Lillydale didn't go astray. Man, the last 2km to the top is
painful. So, 95km yesterday and 105km on Beach Rd Saturday I thought
I'd be pushing my bike to work this morning but I feel good. I must be
getting fit.

I was a no-show also... busted spoke from beach rd ride on saturday...
not happy!!

Yep I had family commitments but back into it for BR14.

DaveB

Old September 20th 04, 09:15 AM
hippy

"tonykara" wrote
well to cut a long story a little shorter, couldnt get home on saturday
night, needed to fix the car sunday so i missed out on yet another ride.
however im determined to get the km's in the legs and thanks to the ever
extending daylight i will start riding in the evenings.

I was in bed until 3pm Sunday due to the excessive
consumption of an almost lethal combination of beer,
tequila (mexican themed party!) and vodka jelly
shots (mmm..).

How good was today's weather though?!

hippy
drink in moderation kiddies!

Old September 20th 04, 11:08 AM
aeek

hippy Wrote:
I was in bed until 3pm Sunday due to the excessive

I went for a solo BreakfastRide, got out the door at a civilise
12:30,
broke my fast, and got home under the blackening clouds just before i
rained

--
aeek

Old September 20th 04, 11:45 AM
Dej

"hippy" wrote in message
"tonykara" wrote
well to cut a long story a little shorter, couldnt get home on saturday
night, needed to fix the car sunday so i missed out on yet another ride.
however im determined to get the km's in the legs and thanks to the ever
extending daylight i will start riding in the evenings.

I was in bed until 3pm Sunday due to the excessive
consumption of an almost lethal combination of beer,
tequila (mexican themed party!) and vodka jelly
shots (mmm..).

How good was today's weather though?!

hippy
drink in moderation kiddies!

thats a nasty combo dude try vodka, tequila and blue curacao (1/3rd
amounts in a shot)

today's weather was kickass (much like the wine im having at the moment)
more to come tomorrow i think..26 is the forecast.
i did a 211km ride last wednesday from surrey hills to sorrento and back
(well back to camberwell to meet up with the wife and then on the train)
the weather was crapola heading down (headwind, rain, 2 flat tyres) but ok
coming back
hopefully i'll come along to br14. im doing a ride on friday out to mt dandy
so hopefully the weather holds out

Old September 20th 04, 10:45 PM
blah

So what's the standing record for the BR downhill? On Sunday I had the
good fortune to go out there with a lovely southerly blowing a bit,
giving me a tailwind... 86.3kph.
I realise that this isn't an officially recognised reading as it
wasn't achieved on an officially sanctioned ride or with any reliable
witnesses, or with an officially callibrated speedo (an with a
tailwind!)... Hmmm. Reading all this back, I'm doubting I was even
there. Still, it was fun. Felt very stable, but only kissed that high
number for an instant - back down to 81 odd shortly after it came up.
I think the tailwind has to be worth five kph, but I don't feel bad as
it was a bit of a pain on the way back home as a headwind.
Cheers.
Old September 21st 04, 06:32 AM
flyingdutch

blah Wrote:
So what's the standing record for the BR downhill? On Sunday I had the
good fortune to go out there with a lovely southerly blowing a bit,
giving me a tailwind... 86.3kph.
I realise that this isn't an officially recognised reading as it
wasn't achieved on an officially sanctioned ride or with any reliable
witnesses, or with an officially callibrated speedo (an with a
tailwind!)... Hmmm. Reading all this back, I'm doubting I was even
there. Still, it was fun. Felt very stable, but only kissed that high
number for an instant - back down to 81 odd shortly after it came up.
I think the tailwind has to be worth five kph, but I don't feel bad as
it was a bit of a pain on the way back home as a headwind.
Cheers.

Lies!!!!!!

witnesses are truly unreliable IMHO.
sync'ing of speedos shall be carried out on BR14
(that way I can delude myself a touch longer )

--
flyingdutch

Old September 21st 04, 06:49 AM
flyingdutch

7.20, 7.20...

Let's see...

Ah yes! That was finishing brekky overlooking the Bowl at Falls Creek!
Blue Skies, great snow and many hangovers wandering by...

F-falling-down-a-hill-is-hardwork!!!-D

--
flyingdutch

Here it is. The smoking gun. Bill C Racing 1 May 14th 05 03:44 AM
Wilderness ACTION needed <2/16 [email protected] Mountain Biking 10 February 17th 05 03:43 PM
Missing the Bike and Getting Fatter [Not Responding] UK 11 March 9th 04 08:53 AM
Missing Weight William Blum General 19 October 21st 03 04:36 AM
missing a tiny tiny Avid brake part ellis Mountain Biking 6 August 16th 03 10:34 PM