Chinese "craftsmanship"

Old April 16th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Chinese "craftsmanship"

Bought a Chinese water bottle not because I wanted a water bottle but
because I wanted the short water bottle holder that came with it to
hold the battery for my bike lights. After less than 50 hours the
welding on the bottle holder has broken off on both sides. What sort
of an industrial society cannot even get simple welding right? Hell, I
weld better than these guys!

Andre Jute
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/B...%20HUMOUR.html
Old April 16th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Artoi

In article
,
Andre Jute wrote:

Bought a Chinese water bottle not because I wanted a water bottle but
because I wanted the short water bottle holder that came with it to
hold the battery for my bike lights. After less than 50 hours the
welding on the bottle holder has broken off on both sides. What sort
of an industrial society cannot even get simple welding right? Hell, I
weld better than these guys!

There are **** and top end products from every country. Some British
cars are absolute lemons too. How shocking!
Old April 16th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Apr 16, 1:45*am, Artoi wrote:
In article
,

--

Last British car I had, a Bentley, seemed pretty good.

Andre Jute
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/B...20CYCLING.html
Old April 16th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Artoi wrote:
In article
,
Andre Jute wrote:

Bought a Chinese water bottle not because I wanted a water bottle but
because I wanted the short water bottle holder that came with it to
hold the battery for my bike lights. After less than 50 hours the
welding on the bottle holder has broken off on both sides. What sort
of an industrial society cannot even get simple welding right? Hell, I
weld better than these guys!

There are **** and top end products from every country. Some British
cars are absolute lemons too. How shocking!

All the parts falling off my MG are of the finest British quality.

Old April 16th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

chinese goods are excellent. The quality level is the reason Chinese
are sucking the planet's money supply.

Don't remember pre-Yamaha ? litlte toys dolls on 42nd street and
Mashuro ?
Yahnaha welders ?
Old April 16th 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Apr 16, 3:06*am, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Artoi wrote:
In article
,
*Andre Jute wrote:

Bought a Chinese water bottle not because I wanted a water bottle but
because I wanted the short water bottle holder that came with it to
hold the battery for my bike lights. After less than 50 hours the
welding on the bottle holder has broken off on both sides. What sort
of an industrial society cannot even get simple welding right? Hell, I
weld better than these guys!

There are **** and top end products from every country. Some British
cars are absolute lemons too. How shocking!

All the parts falling off my MG are of the finest British quality.

I think, if you inspect those inadequate parts carefully, you will
find them sticky-labelled "Lucas Prince of Darkness". Take off the
sticky label and you will discover the real provenance in the legend
stamped underneath: "Magneto Minelli Spaghetti Marinelli".

Andre Jute
Long time since I grew too smart to drive British sports cars
Old April 16th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Woland99

On Apr 15, 9:47 pm, datakoll wrote:
chinese goods are excellent. The quality level is the reason Chinese
are sucking the planet's money supply.

Don't remember pre-Yamaha ? litlte toys dolls on 42nd street and
Mashuro ?
Yahnaha welders ?

Surely you must be joking. Almost everything I ever bought that was
made in China was substandard in some way. Poorly designed - saving
fraction of cent on material in the load-bearing areas etc.
They build some things OK - higher end guitars for example. So they
have skilled artisans that take pride in the product. But all the
rest is cheap junk. And the reason they "suck the money" is because
our capitalist system loves SLAVERY. Only they call it something
else now - "competitive wages" or some other euphemism.
Old April 16th 08, 04:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
* * Chas

"Woland99" wrote in message
On Apr 15, 9:47 pm, datakoll wrote:
chinese goods are excellent. The quality level is the reason Chinese
are sucking the planet's money supply.

Don't remember pre-Yamaha ? litlte toys dolls on 42nd street and
Mashuro ?
Yahnaha welders ?

Surely you must be joking. Almost everything I ever bought that was
made in China was substandard in some way. Poorly designed - saving
fraction of cent on material in the load-bearing areas etc.
They build some things OK - higher end guitars for example. So they
have skilled artisans that take pride in the product. But all the
rest is cheap junk. And the reason they "suck the money" is because
our capitalist system loves SLAVERY. Only they call it something
else now - "competitive wages" or some other euphemism.

4000 years of tradition based on Cheaper Is Better!

Chas.

Old April 16th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
* * Chas

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Artoi wrote:
In article
,
Andre Jute wrote:

Bought a Chinese water bottle not because I wanted a water bottle but
because I wanted the short water bottle holder that came with it to
hold the battery for my bike lights. After less than 50 hours the
welding on the bottle holder has broken off on both sides. What sort
of an industrial society cannot even get simple welding right? Hell,

weld better than these guys!

There are **** and top end products from every country. Some British
cars are absolute lemons too. How shocking!

All the parts falling off my MG are of the finest British quality.

Then there is "The Prince of Darkness" ....

http://www.hermit.cc/mania/tmc/articles/lucas.htm

Chas.

Old April 16th 08, 09:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 16, 2:38*am, Andre Jute wrote:
Bought a Chinese water bottle not because I wanted a water bottle but
because I wanted the short water bottle holder that came with it to
hold the battery for my bike lights. After less than 50 hours the
welding on the bottle holder has broken off on both sides. What sort
of an industrial society cannot even get simple welding right? Hell, I
weld better than these guys!

Andre Jutehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/BICYCLE%20HUMOUR.html

Chinese factories can produce cheap crap, or top notch stuff. It all
depends on what the buyer wants. Since buyers of high quality stuff
usually aren't so focused on cost because their customers aren't
either, there is less of a reason for them to have these things made
inexpensively in China, so China ends up mostly producing cheap (often
crappy) stuff. In other words, the price difference between high
quality form China vs high quality for elsewhere isn't as great as the
price difference between cheap stuff from China vs cheap stuff from
elsewhere. Thus a preponderance of cheap stuff.

Joseph