Sheldon Brown

Old February 5th 08, 03:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Sheldon Brown

On Feb 4, 6:57�pm, Tim Hall wrote:
Just read this on acf:

An email just came in from the Massbike list. �It's hard to know what
say:

"Sheldon's wife Harriet sent out mail this morning saying that Sheldon
Brown
died of a massive heart attack last night."

Tim

Awful news! Like many I have found his website very helpful. I hope it
can be continued. My best wishes at this sad time to his family.
I also shall be naming my bike, a Langster, "Sheldon" in his honour.
R.I.P. Sheldon, and thank you.
Bill
Old February 5th 08, 08:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Rob Morley wrote:

Sad news - he'll be missed.

Already being missed :-(
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old February 5th 08, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:50:46 +0000 someone who may be Peter Clinch
wrote this:-

Rob Morley wrote:

Sad news - he'll be missed.

Already being missed :-(

I think the quoted bit in the original post summed it up nicely,
"It's hard to know what to say:".

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old February 5th 08, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian G

Tim Hall wrote:
Just read this on acf:

An email just came in from the Massbike list. It's hard to know what
say:

"Sheldon's wife Harriet sent out mail this morning saying that Sheldon
Brown
died of a massive heart attack last night."

Tim

I just came across this a few moments ago. In a little while I'll think
of something appropriate to say, maybe. Just now, I can't.

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk
Old February 5th 08, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

In article , Tim Hall wrote:

"Sheldon's wife Harriet sent out mail this morning saying that Sheldon
Brown
died of a massive heart attack last night."

As everyone has said, he'll be greatly missed.

The Bike Show is planning a tribute programme and invites audio comments:
http://thebikeshow.net/2008/02/05/pa...sheldon-brown/
"Sheldon Brown, the mighty, generous and wonderfully eccentric repository
of so much bicycle knowledge, has died."
Old February 5th 08, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
POHB

"Sheldon's wife Harriet sent out mail this morning saying that Sheldon
Brown died of a massive heart attack last night."

A huge help and inspiration to (presumably) thousands like myself who
never knew him. Sadly too late to thank him now.
Old February 5th 08, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

I'll remember him every time I clean my chain with the "Sheldon Shake".

A sad day.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old February 5th 08, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_3_]

Tim Hall wrote:

Just read this on acf:

An email just came in from the Massbike list. It's hard to know what
to say.

--
Paul - xxx
Old February 5th 08, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
squeaker

On 5 Feb, 10:08, Paul Boyd usenet.is.worse@plusnet wrote:
I'll remember him every time I clean my chain with the "Sheldon Shake".

A sad day.

Indeed, though I prefer to remember him by his last April 1 tip
www.sheldonbrown.com/chainclean.html
RIP

Sheldon Brown Callistus Valerius Techniques 12 March 29th 07 12:19 AM
Sheldon Brown Kenny General 40 November 14th 06 03:28 AM
Sheldon Brown Just zis Guy, you know? UK 4 January 7th 04 10:00 AM
Sheldon Brown Just zis Guy, you know? UK 96 October 10th 03 10:31 PM
Sheldon Brown Simonb UK 16 October 3rd 03 12:02 PM