Saw an intelligent bicyclist today

Old March 8th 08, 08:12 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Brent P

Default Saw an intelligent bicyclist today

In article , Tom Sherman wrote:
Brent P? wrote:
In article , Tom Sherman wrote:

A while back I was being followed by a Dodge Ram at a distance of less
than 50 feet.

That's considered a large following distance around here... I'm lucky if
they are far enough back that I can see their tires in the mirror.

I had about 10 people follow me on my evening commute so closely that I
could not see their lights in my mirrors. That puts them at less than a
10-foot following distance.

And so? If I drive the posted 55mph speed limit on any local expressway
and I could top that.

I was driving about 45 mph in the left lane, when someone
cut in front of me from the middle lane, which was going about 25 mph
(the right lane was practically stopped). Fortunately, I was aware of
the Ram behind me and the left shoulder was open, so I cut over as far
as possible. The Ram went past me with its brakes locked and almost hit
the car that cut me off. Needless to say, I was not amused at this idiot
almost taking me out.

I was on a mini expressway a few months ago... light traffic.... as I
start to pass the LLB to my left he speeds up... fine whatever I wasn't
moving left anyway. Pickup moves from behind the LLB to behind me...
tailgating... over a rise a slow moving SUV in the right lane. Lots of
time for me to slow LOTS of time for me.... asshole however nearly hits
me flashing his brights and sounding the horn as I slow gently to avoid
hitting the SUV and giving this moron as much space to slow down as
possible. There are no shoulders on this road. Just as the
LLB passes by pickup boy swerves into the left lane and passes... WTF is
wrong with these people?

Which road in Chicagoland is a "mini-expressway" or was this somewhere else?

Willow/palatine road express in this case. 41 a fair distance north of
where it splits from the spur is another then there are some e-w roads
up north, 120 I think is one as I recall... its been some time since
I've been up that way... US 14 turns into one far enough north for
awhile.... quite a few of them in WI. 83 in the westmont area is
another. There aren't too many of these south of chicago, IL394
degrades from interstate standard to something slightly less
than a mini-expressway south of US30... Basically they are limited
or very infrequent access roads that don't meet interstate standards.

As for the last question, it is a mixture of ignorance, arrogance and
general jerkitude.

Of course, if we took 40% of the vehicles off the roads it would help,
as that would return traffic to conditions of the 1970's. As a general
rule, the lower the population density and traffic density, the less
idiotic the drivers are.

The problem was the 1970s, the NMSL and all the other BS that started in
that decade.

Old March 12th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Matthew T. Russotto

In article ,
Zoot Katz wrote:

The sticker clearly visible on my rear fender sums it up:
CARS SUCK

Fenders suck.
result in a fully-depreciated one.

DANGER and Intelligent Unicyclists ivan Unicycling 14 November 11th 07 11:23 PM
What - Intelligent Thought? Joe Cipale Racing 291 February 28th 07 05:16 AM
What - Intelligent Thought? ST Racing 0 February 20th 07 01:28 AM
Intelligent comment Mikefule Unicycling 25 July 21st 05 03:05 AM
more intelligent computers Miles General 7 December 8th 04 01:52 AM