Anybody tried Slipstreamz?

Old June 21st 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
A Muzi

Default Anybody tried Slipstreamz?

Ralph Barone writes:
I was wondering if there was anything that could be used to reduce wind
noise while bicycling, and some idle Googling turned up these three
links:
http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=8
http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=9
http://www.buschmantechnologies.com/
Has anybody tried any of these products, and how well, if at all, do
they work?

Tom Keats wrote:
I just grow my hair out.
The diff between long hair and short hair in terms
of wind noise while riding is quite notable.
The beauty of having a lush, VersonGeterix-like, barbaric
mane is: one can still hear things which are important
to hear, like the back-up signals of garbage trucks
squeezing out of back alleys.

huh. I probably have a longer mane than anyone here but my hearing is
deteriorating as is my vision.

"had a haircut once; didn't like it"
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old June 22nd 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
wizardB

Default Anybody tried Slipstreamz? - virus alerts

Reno wrote:
Ralph Barone wrote in news:invalid-
1122BE.22003515062008@shawnews:

My Windows LiveOne Care found a Trojan virus when I clicked on the first 2
links.

That because One care is absolute garbage and has more false positives
then it catches real viruses.
Old June 22nd 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
writes:
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 02:24:13 -0700,
(Tom Keats)
wrote:

In article invalid-1122BE.22003515062008@shawnews,
Ralph Barone writes:
I was wondering if there was anything that could be used to reduce wind
noise while bicycling, and some idle Googling turned up these three
links:

http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=8
http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=9
http://www.buschmantechnologies.com/

Has anybody tried any of these products, and how well, if at all, do
they work?

I just grow my hair out.

The diff between long hair and short hair in terms
of wind noise while riding is quite notable.

The beauty of having a lush, VersonGeterix-like, barbaric
mane is: one can still hear things which are important
to hear, like the back-up signals of garbage trucks
squeezing out of back alleys.

cheers,
Tom

Dear Tom,

You mean like this?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/wo...00/1805342.stm

:-)

No, certainly not.

I mean more like this:
http://www.fortunecity.com/bennyhill...damsfamily.htm

Married guys tell me I should get married.

Car drivers tell me I should drive.

Baldies/Qs tell me I should get a haircut.

People are always trying to drag me down to their levels.

Heh.

If you need a hair transplant, I'd gladly donate some.

No skin off my teeth.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old June 22nd 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Hank

On Jun 21, 7:06*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:

I mean more like this:http://www.fortunecity.com/bennyhill...theaddamsfamil...

Married guys tell me I should get married.

Car drivers tell me I should drive.

Baldies/Qs tell me I should get a haircut.

People are always trying to drag me down to their levels.

Heh.

If you need a hair transplant, I'd gladly donate some.

No skin off my teeth.

cheers,
* * * * Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

If you've got skin on your teeth, you should brush more often.
Old June 22nd 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 00:51:55 GMT, wizardB wrote:

Reno wrote:
Ralph Barone wrote in news:invalid-
1122BE.22003515062008@shawnews:

My Windows LiveOne Care found a Trojan virus when I clicked on the first 2
links.

That because One care is absolute garbage and has more false positives
then it catches real viruses.

Dear W,

AVG 8 noticed a trojan, too.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old June 23rd 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Ralph Barone

Ralph Barone writes:
I was wondering if there was anything that could be used to reduce wind
noise while bicycling, and some idle Googling turned up these three
links:

http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=8
http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=9
http://www.buschmantechnologies.com/

Has anybody tried any of these products, and how well, if at all, do
they work?

I just grow my hair out.

The diff between long hair and short hair in terms
of wind noise while riding is quite notable.

The beauty of having a lush, VersonGeterix-like, barbaric
mane is: one can still hear things which are important
to hear, like the back-up signals of garbage trucks
squeezing out of back alleys.

cheers,
Tom

Unfortunately, that particular option seems unattainable to me, unless I
can coerce the hair on my back to grow long enough to cover my ears.
Old June 23rd 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article invalid-761B4D.20232322062008@shawnews,
Ralph Barone writes:

Ralph Barone writes:
[...]

Like Dorian Grey, I expect I'll eventually get my come-uppance.
In the meantime, for some reason, the older I get, the better
I get. I don't understand it. For all my excesses, I should
be fat, ugly and surly, now that I'm in my mid-fifties.

Today I bought a new pair of jeans. 32" leg, 30" waist.
I had to go down to 30" waist to keep my pants from falling down.
I still sport a voluminous head o' hair, although it's turning
a little salt-&-pepper. And my irises are changing colour from
an undecided hazel to steel blue-grey. My physique is more
ripped than it's ever been, thanks to the physical nature of my
current job.

Life is sure weird.

Riding bike keeps us young.

You don't have to have a bunch of hair. Just maintain your Ka
and life-loving exuberance.

I guess Dorian Grey is the antithesis to Peter Pan.

Both are tragic stories.

My story is more comedic.

What can I say? Riding bike is an happy, life-giving thing.

cheers, & devil-horns / index/pinky-fingers-extended gesture,

Tom

Old June 24th 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Tom Keats wrote:
I just grow my hair out.
The diff between long hair and short hair in terms
of wind noise while riding is quite notable.
The beauty of having a lush, VersonGeterix-like, barbaric
mane is: one can still hear things which are important
to hear, like the back-up signals of garbage trucks
squeezing out of back alleys.

huh. I probably have a longer mane than anyone here but my hearing is
deteriorating as is my vision.

Ah, yes. Damn'd reading glasses. Have to put 'em on to see
what yer doing, and take 'em off to see where yer going.
It gets to be a hassle.

Once, at my job, I accidentally ran over my glasses with
a motorized pallet truck. It was a bittersweet moment.

"had a haircut once; didn't like it"

The wind noise was probably too annoying.

I suppose homemade Slipstreamz could be fashioned out of
a bandana and a few clumps of Christmas tree tinsel.
Or better yet -- handlebar streamers. Or pom-poms.
Or a laurel wreath.

cheers,
Tom

Old June 24th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 07:44:30 -0500, DougC

The diff between long hair and short hair in terms
of wind noise while riding is quite notable.

Yea, but then your hair can get in your eyes, too. That's the main
reason I keep my hair short.

The beauty of having a lush, VersonGeterix-like, barbaric
mane is: one can still hear things which are important
to hear, like the back-up signals of garbage trucks
squeezing out of back alleys.

The Windfoils are made of a formed mesh type fabric, and they don't
impede regular noises much at all. On me they didn't fit right because
the straps of my helmet didn't hold the Windfoils close enough to the
sides of my head.

...Also I was riding a recumbent bike, so my head was tilted slightly
back instead of leaned over forward--which might have made some
difference as well.
~

Dear Doug,

Lest I be besieged by hopeful barbers, the lush-maned author was Tom
Keats, not me.

Steve, the bespoke barber of Fogel Labs, has been pocketing $5 every
couple of months for years now and isn't too worried about anyone
undercutting him with a lower bid.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel