mirrors and aerobars

Old July 20th 08, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
anern

Default mirrors and aerobars

Hi,
Has anybody tried attaching mirrors to their face to enable them to ride
face down, to avoid neck strain and obtain a more aerodynamic position ?

Cheers,

Bruce.

Old July 21st 08, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
squeaker

On 20 Jul, 20:07, "anern" wrote:
Hi,
* * Has anybody tried attaching mirrors to their face to enable them to ride
face down, to avoid neck strain and obtain a more aerodynamic position ?

No, but I have tried riding a recumbent, which does give you a more
aero position that is also much more comfortable

Old July 21st 08, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
pete whelan

anern wrote:
Hi,
Has anybody tried attaching mirrors to their face to enable them to ride
face down, to avoid neck strain and obtain a more aerodynamic position ?

Cheers,

Bruce.

it has been tried over the years by various people. It is banned for
competitive events run by British cycling and Cycling Time Trials
Old July 21st 08, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:12:18 +0100
Pete Whelan wrote:
anern wrote:
Has anybody tried attaching mirrors to their face to enable
them to ride face down, to avoid neck strain and obtain a more
aerodynamic position ?

it has been tried over the years by various people. It is banned for
competitive events run by British cycling and Cycling Time Trials

So they'd rather you didn't look where you're going? Great. :-\

Old July 21st 08, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

Pete Whelan wrote:
anern wrote:
Has anybody tried attaching mirrors to their face to enable
them to ride face down, to avoid neck strain and obtain a more
aerodynamic position ?

it has been tried over the years by various people. It is banned for
competitive events run by British cycling and Cycling Time Trials

So they'd rather you didn't look where you're going? Great. :-\

I expect they'd rather you looked where you were going, not just at the
fraction of it visible in a mirror. (There are fully faired recumbents
with no view other than a video screen, but they aren't designed for use
outside very controlled situations.)
Old July 22nd 08, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ,
Alan Braggins tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell us:
Pete Whelan wrote:
anern wrote:
Has anybody tried attaching mirrors to their face to enable
them to ride face down, to avoid neck strain and obtain a more
aerodynamic position ?

it has been tried over the years by various people. It is banned
for competitive events run by British cycling and Cycling Time
Trials

So they'd rather you didn't look where you're going? Great. :-\

I expect they'd rather you looked where you were going, not just at
the fraction of it visible in a mirror. (There are fully faired
recumbents with no view other than a video screen, but they aren't
designed for use outside very controlled situations.)

The late Gardner Martin built a recumbent trike, on which the rider sat
head-first and viewed the scenery via a mirror. The steering was crossed
over. However, because the outside world was still visible, anyone trying
to ride it became hopelessly confused and could barely complete a lap of the
motel car park without either feeling sick or crashing into the kerb.

The new HPV Hour Record holder Eivie II uses a mirror, but builder/rider
Damjan Zabovnik says this only works because all one can see is the mirror
and the inside of the fairing.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Bicycle mirrors ? Timothy Murphy UK 24 January 9th 06 04:40 AM
Helmet mirrors John Pitts Australia 19 October 20th 05 07:33 AM
Mirrors and Trailers Graeme UK 21 May 14th 05 11:18 PM
Mirrors (again) ed Techniques 2 September 29th 04 06:59 PM
Catrike Mirrors Richard Drown Recumbent Biking 6 August 22nd 04 12:33 AM