SAND!

Old October 12th 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
KC

Default SAND!

So we rode down along the beach the other day, which we do a lot. It's
not normally a problem because we stay on the paved bike path which is
generally sand-free. But it was REALLY windy (uncharacteristically so)
when we got there.

Now my brand new chain, rear derailleur, and freshly cleaned (but older)
cassette and rings are lightly coated with sand.

What to do? Any good tricks/methods for getting sand off? Brute force?
(i.e. full degrease, wash, and re-grease). Don't really want to
degrease a brand new chain and derailleur. :-(

TIA,
-KC
Old October 12th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Brian Huntley

On Oct 12, 12:25*pm, kc wrote:
So we rode down along the beach the other day, which we do a lot. *It's
not normally a problem because we stay on the paved bike path which is
generally sand-free. *But it was REALLY windy (uncharacteristically so)
when we got there.

Now my brand new chain, rear derailleur, and freshly cleaned (but older)
cassette and rings are lightly coated with sand.

What to do? *Any good tricks/methods for getting sand off? *Brute force?
* (i.e. full degrease, wash, and re-grease). *Don't really want to
degrease a brand new chain and derailleur. *:-(

Unfortunately, that's probably the only way to be sure.

Sand riding? skrobo Unicycling 1 May 27th 08 06:16 AM
Sand riding? cathwood Unicycling 6 May 27th 08 02:37 AM
Sand riding? adjuggler Unicycling 0 May 26th 08 07:52 PM
Sand a Eurus rim?? Neil Brooks Techniques 8 June 10th 06 06:03 PM
Head in the sand Bill C Racing 20 February 14th 05 07:58 AM