Excellent Cyclist Laws in Australia

Old January 29th 16, 07:55 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Excellent Cyclist Laws in Australia

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-2...rry-id/7123360

From March 2016, riding without an ID will result in a $106 fine.

Not wearing a helmet or holding onto a moving car will cost $319

Running a red light will incur a $425 penalty.

How very sensible.

Sorry - I must go - I have a letter to write to my MP.

Old January 29th 16, 09:54 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
John T

"Judith" wrote

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-2...rry-id/7123360

From March 2016, riding without an ID will result in a $106 fine.

Not wearing a helmet or holding onto a moving car will cost $319

Running a red light will incur a $425 penalty.

How very sensible.

Agreed, but without coppers on the ground it's totally pointless.

Unless you're a speeding motorist in this country (or perhaps having a
seasonal drink) the chances of being done for any motoring or cycling
offence is remote.

We have the very occasional two or three day binge on errant cyclists, then
for the rest of the decade their misdemeanors are totally ignored.

John.

Old January 29th 16, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Friday, 29 January 2016 09:52:51 UTC, John T wrote:

We have the very occasional two or three day binge on errant cyclists, then
for the rest of the decade their misdemeanors are totally ignored.

They had a big clampdown in the West Midlands, apparently.

http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/news...t-year-9791772
Old January 29th 16, 10:18 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

In uk.rec.cycling John T wrote:

We have the very occasional two or three day binge on errant cyclists,
then for the rest of the decade their misdemeanors are totally ignored.

Yeah, 'cos when you see all that carnage caused by cyclists, I mean, what's
the government up to, eh?

You ****ing tool.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old January 29th 16, 10:30 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
F Murtz[_2_]

Judith wrote:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-2...rry-id/7123360

From March 2016, riding without an ID will result in a $106 fine.

Not wearing a helmet or holding onto a moving car will cost $319

Running a red light will incur a $425 penalty.

How very sensible.

Sorry - I must go - I have a letter to write to my MP.

In NSW cyclists now have to carry ID and there is a stupid unworkable
bit about clearances,

http://www.caradvice.com.au/404945/n...ines-photo-id/

http://tinyurl.com/hsyhw6g
Old January 29th 16, 11:19 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
John T

"John Smith" wrote

Yeah, 'cos when you see all that carnage caused by cyclists, I mean,
what's
the government up to, eh?

You ****ing tool.

Just love your capacity for reasoned discussion.

John.

Old January 29th 16, 11:50 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 29/01/2016 11:19, John T wrote:
"John Smith" wrote

Yeah, 'cos when you see all that carnage caused by cyclists, I mean,
what's
the government up to, eh?

You ****ing tool.

Just love your capacity for reasoned discussion.

Well he does appear to have a point.
Old January 29th 16, 01:39 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
burfordTjustice[_4_]

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 07:55:33 +0000
Judith wrote:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-2...rry-id/7123360

From March 2016, riding without an ID will result in a $106 fine.

Not wearing a helmet or holding onto a moving car will cost $319

Running a red light will incur a $425 penalty.

How very sensible.

Sorry - I must go - I have a letter to write to my MP.

First all cars should be banned. No reasonable person
needs their own car. Think of all the deaths..

Then work on getting workable cyclists laws.
Old January 29th 16, 03:02 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
John T

"Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein" wrote

I just love the way that ****tards like you spout ****e and then get all
offended when someone points it out to you.

So you're all in favour of cyclists riding on pavements and ignoring traffic
lights and not using lights at night?

Just Google "cyclist kills predestrian" if you don't think there's a
problem.

John.

Old January 29th 16, 03:07 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Fredxxx

On 29/01/2016 15:02, John T wrote:
"Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein" wrote

I just love the way that ****tards like you spout ****e and then get all
offended when someone points it out to you.

So you're all in favour of cyclists riding on pavements and ignoring traffic
lights and not using lights at night?

Just Google "cyclist kills predestrian" if you don't think there's a
problem.

Well, yes. It's such a novel rarity it's very likely to get in the media.