bike facility failure

Old April 10th 17, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default bike facility failure

http://imgur.com/c9Pujrv

(The bike lane is not actually closed, they just want to kill you.)

--
sig 75
Old April 10th 17, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 9:52:47 AM UTC-7, David Scheidt wrote:
http://imgur.com/c9Pujrv

(The bike lane is not actually closed, they just want to kill you.)

--
sig 75

"Other side" refers to using the car lane. If you are too frightened to use a car lane you can walk your bike on the sidewalk
Old April 11th 17, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Chaplin

David Scheidt wrote in newscgd8t$gjf$1
@reader1.panix.com:

http://imgur.com/c9Pujrv

(The bike lane is not actually closed, they just want to kill you.)

Not so much a failure as just real life on the multi-use paths in Ottawa.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6&l=dd298f374c
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old April 11th 17, 02:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 8:51:25 PM UTC-4, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
David Scheidt wrote in newscgd8t$gjf$1
@reader1.panix.com:

http://imgur.com/c9Pujrv

(The bike lane is not actually closed, they just want to kill you.)

Not so much a failure as just real life on the multi-use paths in Ottawa.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6&l=dd298f374c
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Too bad you have to join facebook just to see the image. No thanks, I'm not interested in joining Facebook for any reason.

Cheers
Old April 11th 17, 03:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 11:52:47 AM UTC-5, David Scheidt wrote:
http://imgur.com/c9Pujrv

(The bike lane is not actually closed, they just want to kill you.)

--
sig 75

The sign just says "Bike Lane Closed, Use Other Side". Without seeing it in person, I'd think there is a bike lane on the other side of the road. They want you to ride against traffic in the other bike lane. And against other bikes using the other lane. Not ideal, but if the bike lane is wide, then the wrong way bikes would be well away from oncoming cars.
Old April 11th 17, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 10:46:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 11:52:47 AM UTC-5, David Scheidt wrote:
http://imgur.com/c9Pujrv

(The bike lane is not actually closed, they just want to kill you.)

--
sig 75

The sign just says "Bike Lane Closed, Use Other Side". Without seeing it in person, I'd think there is a bike lane on the other side of the road. They want you to ride against traffic in the other bike lane. And against other bikes using the other lane. Not ideal, but if the bike lane is wide, then the wrong way bikes would be well away from oncoming cars.

I saw similar bike lanes in Toronto Canada. THere was one on Queens Quay that had the westbound bicycle traffic separated from the eastbound motor traffic by a green line about 3" (7.5cm) wide. Idon't know who designs those facilities but they should be charged with reckless endangerment of bicyclists.

Cheers
Old April 11th 17, 04:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

wrote:
:On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 11:52:47 AM UTC-5, David Scheidt wrote:
:
http://imgur.com/c9Pujrv
:
: (The bike lane is not actually closed, they just want to kill you.)
:
: --
: sig 75

:The sign just says "Bike Lane Closed, Use Other Side". Without seeing it in person, I'd think there is a bike lane on the other side of the road. They want you to ride against traffic in the other bike lane. And against other bikes using the other lane. Not ideal, but if the bike lane is wide, then the wrong way bikes would be well away from oncoming cars.

The bike lane is about 18" wide, and filled with debris. The traffic
lanes are 16'. It's a low volume road through an industrial park,
there's no reason even sms would feel unsafe riding in the street.

It's a sign put up by a moron, who is probably not qualified to be
allowed out of the house.

--
sig 7
Old April 11th 17, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 9:59:37 PM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 8:51:25 PM UTC-4, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
David Scheidt wrote in newscgd8t$gjf$1
@reader1.panix.com:

http://imgur.com/c9Pujrv

(The bike lane is not actually closed, they just want to kill you.)

Not so much a failure as just real life on the multi-use paths in Ottawa.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6&l=dd298f374c

Too bad you have to join facebook just to see the image. No thanks, I'm not
interested in joining Facebook for any reason.

Interesting. This is what was in the dialog box had when I made the link: "You
can use this link to share this photo with anyone, even if they don't have a
Facebook account. Anyone with the link will be able to see your photo."
Old April 11th 17, 04:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 11/04/2017 11:20 AM, wrote:
[...]

Same here. Your link prompts me to log on to Facebook and tells me that
I cannot continue without logging on.
Old April 11th 17, 04:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 4/11/2017 10:08 AM, David Scheidt wrote:
wrote:
[...]

*sigh* another alderman's relative successfully removed from
private company payrolls...

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/