Loose rear end

Old July 14th 03, 08:09 AM
bomba

Default Loose rear end

junobug wrote:

Here is the problem. I noticed during the last couple of rides, that I seem
to have a loose rear end. When coming down hill and using my front brakes
for a bulk of the breaking power, I have felt the rear end start to slide
out of the turn. I think what is happening is that I am on a short top tube
with a short rise stem with riser bars on a fork that probably needs to be
cut down, and all that shortness and upright position, that I may have too
much weight forward. I think the fix on this is pretty obvious, but I
thought I would ask some of your opinions as well.

If the front end is short and you have an upright position, that should
shift your weight to the rear, so you'll have more traction if anything.

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm