Conti 4000s vs All-Seasons

Old January 30th 06, 07:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Conti 4000s vs All-Seasons

Just picked up my Seven Ti custom bike. All is great, except LBS put
Conti All-Seasons on Mavic OP wheels instead of GP 4000s, as agreed.
(700x25). Heard great things about performance/durability of 4000s,
nothing about All-Seasons. What's your experience - don't want to fuss
if they're comparable, though I'm annoyed.

--
Kocsis

Old January 30th 06, 07:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Kocsis wrote:
Just picked up my Seven Ti custom bike. All is great, except LBS put
Conti All-Seasons on Mavic OP wheels instead of GP 4000s, as agreed.
(700x25). Heard great things about performance/durability of 4000s,
nothing about All-Seasons. What's your experience - don't want to
fuss if they're comparable, though I'm annoyed.

If the 'L' in LBS is really L, then take 'em back and get what you
ordered/agreed/paid (to and for).

Bill "IMO" S.

Old January 30th 06, 08:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Just picked up my Seven Ti custom bike. All is great, except LBS put
Conti All-Seasons on Mavic OP wheels instead of GP 4000s, as agreed.
(700x25). Heard great things about performance/durability of 4000s,
nothing about All-Seasons. What's your experience - don't want to fuss
if they're comparable, though I'm annoyed.

The GP4000 will be a slightly-faster, slightly-smoother-riding (more
comfortable) tire, due to its more-flexible casing. Durability should be a
bit better on the 4-Seasons (which is what I think that tire is actually
called?). Pricing is fairly similar; maybe $6 more/tire on the GP4000.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old January 30th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Just picked up my Seven Ti custom bike. All is great, except LBS put
Conti All-Seasons on Mavic OP wheels instead of GP 4000s, as agreed.
(700x25). Heard great things about performance/durability of 4000s,
nothing about All-Seasons. What's your experience - don't want to fuss
if they're comparable, though I'm annoyed.

The GP4000 will be a slightly-faster, slightly-smoother-riding (more
comfortable) tire, due to its more-flexible casing. Durability should be a
bit better on the 4-Seasons (which is what I think that tire is actually
called?). Pricing is fairly similar; maybe $6 more/tire on the GP4000.

How does the GP4000 compare to the Michelin Carbon Pro2's? TIA
Old January 30th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Kocsis wrote:
Just picked up my Seven Ti custom bike. All is great, except LBS put
Conti All-Seasons on Mavic OP wheels instead of GP 4000s, as agreed.
(700x25). Heard great things about performance/durability of 4000s,
nothing about All-Seasons. What's your experience - don't want to fuss
if they're comparable, though I'm annoyed.

--
Kocsis

If you paid for 4000, go back and get 'em but remember, the 4000, like
the 3000, is designed to be a racing' tire, with the expected better
'grip' and less durability. For this time of year, I recommend "4"
Seasons, with it's stronger sidewalss and worry about a racing tire
when you actually race or when the roads have less crap on them...the
are GP3000 '4 seasons', right?
A GP with more 'stuff' in the side wall, a great tire.

Old January 30th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Do you REALLY think that you can tell the difference?

The 4-Seasons is a much better winter tire.

Old January 30th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Kocsis wrote in
:
Heard great things about performance/durability of 4000s,
nothing about All-Seasons.

I've never tried the 4000, but the Conti 4-Seasons are very durable and very
puncture resistant.
Old January 30th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Mon, 30 Jan 2006 17:11:22 +1100, Kocsis
skrev:

GP 4Season is my favorite tire. Surprisingly it has not only better
better grip and puncture resistance than the GP3000 - according to a
recent test in German bike magazin "Tour" It also has lower rolling
resistance. GP 4000 wasn't in the test, and I haven't tried it yet- but
with the 4Season I am sure you have got one of the best tires in the
market. It isn't cheap, but you don't mind, do you?
Ivar

Just picked up my Seven Ti custom bike. All is great, except LBS put
Conti All-Seasons on Mavic OP wheels instead of GP 4000s, as agreed.
(700x25). Heard great things about performance/durability of 4000s,
nothing about All-Seasons. What's your experience - don't want to fuss
if they're comparable, though I'm annoyed.

--
Sendt med Operas banebrydende nyhedsgruppe-
og e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/m2/

Old January 30th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

not to get too far off topic, but has anyone tried the Conti Gatorskin
tires for training???

Old January 31st 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

The GP4000 will be a slightly-faster, slightly-smoother-riding (more
comfortable) tire, due to its more-flexible casing. Durability should be
a bit better on the 4-Seasons (which is what I think that tire is
actually called?). Pricing is fairly similar; maybe $6 more/tire on the
GP4000.

How does the GP4000 compare to the Michelin Carbon Pro2's? TIA

Don't know; haven't tried the Michelins. I suspect they'll be similar, as
I've heard good things about them, but I limit my comments to what I've
experienced or observed directly.