karate monkey?

Old February 10th 07, 04:55 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
bruno

Default karate monkey?

i'm thinkin' of gettin' one. anybody have one? i may put a rohloff
speed hub on it.

pros, cons?

thanks!

Old February 10th 07, 09:37 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Feb 10, 7:55 am, "bruno" wrote:
i'm thinkin' of gettin' one. anybody have one? i may put a rohloff
speed hub on it.

pros, cons?

thanks!

From what I hear, 29ers have magical properties. They've got nothing

on 27ers and a rider with skills though.

JD

Old February 10th 07, 09:59 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

JD wrote:
On Feb 10, 7:55 am, "bruno" wrote:
i'm thinkin' of gettin' one. anybody have one? i may put a rohloff
speed hub on it.

pros, cons?

thanks!

From what I hear, 29ers have magical properties. They've got nothing

on 27ers and a rider with skills though.

And, DAMN, those were some incredible 27er skills displayed last night.
I've never seen anyone recover from an imminent endo with the rear
wheel so high. Why the **** do morons on a group ride think it's ok to
suddenly stop in the middle of the road when there are hundreds of
people behind them?

And tell me again why a 29er is called a 29er when the wheels are
smaller than these 27ers:

http://homepage.mac.com/getosx/jubilee.jpg

Inquiring minds want to know.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old February 11th 07, 02:21 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

bruno wrote:
i'm thinkin' of gettin' one. anybody have one? i may put a rohloff
speed hub on it.

pros, cons?

thanks!

My brother has one built as a single speed. Seems like a nice bike.

Matt
Old February 11th 07, 04:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Dean A. Stepper

"bruno" wrote in message
ups.com...
i'm thinkin' of gettin' one. anybody have one? i may put a rohloff
speed hub on it.

pros, cons?

thanks!

A bit heavy but a all round nice bike. I have never heard of anyone
breaking one of there frames.

Old February 11th 07, 04:55 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Feb 10, 7:13 pm, "Dean A. Stepper" wrote:
"bruno" wrote in message

ups.com...

i'm thinkin' of gettin' one. anybody have one? i may put a rohloff
speed hub on it.

pros, cons?

thanks!

A bit heavy but a all round nice bike. I have never heard of anyone
breaking one of there frames.

I know two people who broke Surly frames, both Instigators...the
frames too.

JD

Old February 11th 07, 02:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
bruno

well dudes i did it. i pulled the freakin' trigger and laid me shekels
down fer a KM to be built up wif a rohloff speed hub, big ol' nitto
albatross bars, mavic tims, shimano xt front hub, schwalbe big apple
tyres, brooks sprung conquest saddle. bein' built up a we speak.

this badboy's bein' built up fer a trip through thailand, laos, and
cambodia next november.

da rohloff is da jam fellers, lemme tell ya. check one o' them rascals
out!!!!!!!

Old February 11th 07, 03:55 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

bruno wrote:
well dudes i did it. i pulled the freakin' trigger and laid me shekels
down fer a KM to be built up wif a rohloff speed hub, big ol' nitto
albatross bars, mavic tims, shimano xt front hub, schwalbe big apple
tyres, brooks sprung conquest saddle. bein' built up a we speak.

this badboy's bein' built up fer a trip through thailand, laos, and
cambodia next november.

da rohloff is da jam fellers, lemme tell ya. check one o' them rascals
out!!!!!!!

That's going to be one boat anchor of a ride. But, it sounds like
you'll be using it more for touring. Congrats and good luck.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old February 11th 07, 07:46 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Feb 11, 5:19 am, "bruno" wrote:
well dudes i did it. i pulled the freakin' trigger and laid me shekels
down fer a KM to be built up wif a rohloff speed hub, big ol' nitto
albatross bars, mavic tims, shimano xt front hub, schwalbe big apple
tyres, brooks sprung conquest saddle. bein' built up a we speak.

this badboy's bein' built up fer a trip through thailand, laos, and
cambodia next november.

da rohloff is da jam fellers, lemme tell ya. check one o' them rascals
out!!!!!!!

Have fun finding 29er tubes in Bungfuq Asia.

JD

Old February 11th 07, 10:47 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
bruno

On Feb 11, 1:46 pm, "JD" wrote:
On Feb 11, 5:19 am, "bruno" wrote:

well dudes i did it. i pulled the freakin' trigger and laid me shekels

Have fun finding 29er tubes in Bungfuq Asia.

JD

thanks jd! i will! i'm takin' a spare tire and tubes! and duder! i'll
be thinkin' 'boutcha when i'm eatin thai food an' screwin' asian
chicks!

cheers!