Sheldon Brown

Old February 4th 08, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Hall

Default Sheldon Brown

Just read this on acf:

An email just came in from the Massbike list. It's hard to know what
say:

"Sheldon's wife Harriet sent out mail this morning saying that Sheldon
Brown
died of a massive heart attack last night."

Tim
Old February 4th 08, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete Biggs

Tim Hall wrote:
Just read this on acf:

An email just came in from the Massbike list. It's hard to know what
to say:

"Sheldon's wife Harriet sent out mail this morning saying that Sheldon
Brown died of a massive heart attack last night."

I'm shocked and saddened to hear this news. I knew Sheldon had MS but not
any heart problems.

He was a legend - with easily the best cycling website ever, and one of the
best websites ever, full stop! He will never be forgotten for as long as
the internet remains - which is bound to be forever!

Best wishes to his family at this most difficult time.

~PB

Old February 4th 08, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark T[_2_]

An email just came in from the Massbike list. It's hard to know what
to say:

"Sheldon's wife Harriet sent out mail this morning saying that Sheldon
Brown died of a massive heart attack last night."

'Bugger' is the first thing that came to mind. I can't think of anything
more useful than that, unless that summoning trick would work one last
time.

Sheldon - Sheldon - Sheldon ...

..

No...?

Bugger. He'll be missed.
Old February 4th 08, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Josey

"Tim Hall" wrote in message

Sheldon Brown died of a massive heart attack last night."

A great loss, I'm deeply saddened. He will be remembered for a long time.

Jc
Old February 4th 08, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_3_]

Regards to Sheldon's family.

His website was a huge help to me on many occasions.
Old February 4th 08, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_2_]

****! He posted on here just the other day! Sadly missed.
Old February 4th 08, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

"Tim Hall" wrote in message
Just read this on acf:

An email just came in from the Massbike list. It's hard to know what
say:

"Sheldon's wife Harriet sent out mail this morning saying that Sheldon
Brown
died of a massive heart attack last night."

Tim

Damn. The world is a smaller place for his passing.

The man and his web site was a legend, a fount of knowledge and filled with
love of bikes, life & good humour. He will not be forgotten. Sincere
condolences to his family & friends.

Old February 4th 08, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc

Tim Hall wrote:
Just read this on acf:

An email just came in from the Massbike list. It's hard to know what
say:

"Sheldon's wife Harriet sent out mail this morning saying that Sheldon
Brown
died of a massive heart attack last night."

Bugger, He'll be hugely missed! :-(
Old February 4th 08, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TerryJ

"Sheldon's wife Harriet sent out mail this morning saying that Sheldon
Brown
died of a massive heart attack last night."

We have lost an inspiring example.My sympathy to his family.
TerryJ
Old February 4th 08, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick Kew

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:57:23 -0800 (PST)
Tim Hall wrote:

"Sheldon's wife Harriet sent out mail this morning saying that Sheldon
Brown
died of a massive heart attack last night."

Requiescat in pace.

OK, a fitting memorial would be to ensure his website is preserved.
Do we know whose hands it's now in? If not, it might be a Good Idea
for someone to make a copy (privately - without violating copyright)
just in case a provider notes it's no longer paid-for and turns it off.
Of course its eventual fate will be up to his estate. Copying it is
just a measure of insurance, in case it escapes their attention until
it's too late.

--
not me guv

Sheldon Brown Callistus Valerius Techniques 12 March 29th 07 12:19 AM
Sheldon Brown Kenny General 40 November 14th 06 03:28 AM
Sheldon Brown Just zis Guy, you know? UK 4 January 7th 04 10:00 AM
Sheldon Brown Just zis Guy, you know? UK 96 October 10th 03 10:31 PM
Sheldon Brown Simonb UK 16 October 3rd 03 12:02 PM