Randonnee

Old February 21st 08, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Noel[_2_]

Default Randonnee

Has anyone ever done this: http://www.cycleisland.co.uk ?

What are the 'numerous hills' like on the shorter route? I have a couple
of friends who are not at all fit and this might be a good incentive to
get them back on their bikes for the summer. Are the hills steady long
inclines or short steep climbs?

Cheers
Noel
Old February 23rd 08, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_2_]

Noel wrote:
Has anyone ever done this: http://www.cycleisland.co.uk ?

What are the 'numerous hills' like on the shorter route? I have a couple
of friends who are not at all fit and this might be a good incentive to
get them back on their bikes for the summer. Are the hills steady long
inclines or short steep climbs?

They are not bad, but if your friends are not very fit, they will suffer
even on the short one. However, the great thing about the round the
Island is you can give it up any time, and its a relative short ride
back to the ferry.

I've done it 4 times and I can't remember if the clowise direction is
better or not, itrc the Ventnor(?) hill being a bit steep if in the
wrong direction.

It well organised, good fun, and a bit of a CIHAGM fest.
Old February 23rd 08, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
squeaker

On 21 Feb, 18:23, Noel wrote:
Are the hills steady long inclines or short steep climbs?

Yes (!), but I've only done the 100km. I suspect that the 55km
clockwise from Cowes would be easier towards the end, and there are
lots of places to rest. Just get an early start!

SWRC Randonnee Chris Gerhard UK 1 May 5th 06 08:32 PM
randonnée VTT - MTB FRANCE - 80 km [email protected] Mountain Biking 0 February 9th 06 05:13 PM
IOW randonnee 2nd May MartinM UK 43 May 6th 04 10:27 AM
Randonnee du Centenaire goulot Racing 3 July 26th 03 09:54 PM