any road pump recommendations ?

Old March 8th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Woland99

Default any road pump recommendations ?

I have touring bike with Vittoria Randonneur 700x32 tires - they need
about 80psi.
I bought Crank Brothers Alloy Pump for it but then checked online
reviews and
they are very polarized - people either hate it or think it is the
best pump they
ever had. Are there any other pumps you could recommend?

JT
Old March 8th 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On Mar 8, 10:20 am, Woland99 wrote:
I have touring bike with Vittoria Randonneur 700x32 tires - they need
about 80psi.
I bought Crank Brothers Alloy Pump for it but then checked online
reviews and
they are very polarized - people either hate it or think it is the
best pump they
ever had. Are there any other pumps you could recommend?

JT

Best pump is the Zefal xpx full frame. mini pumps are silly,
especially for touring where you don't need to save weight.

http://www.bikepro.com/products/pumps/zeffram.html

Get it he http://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/item/ZEFPFYDT
Old March 8th 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Woland99

On Mar 8, 11:29 am, " wrote:
On Mar 8, 10:20 am, Woland99 wrote:

I have touring bike with Vittoria Randonneur 700x32 tires - they need
about 80psi.
I bought Crank Brothers Alloy Pump for it but then checked online
reviews and
they are very polarized - people either hate it or think it is the
best pump they
ever had. Are there any other pumps you could recommend?

JT

Best pump is the Zefal xpx full frame. mini pumps are silly,
especially for touring where you don't need to save weight.

http://www.bikepro.com/products/pumps/zeffram.html

Get it hehttp://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/item/ZEFPFYDT

Thanks - I read about Zefal but reviews of recent models - HPX ASV
were mixed - supposedly older models were somewhat superior.

Regarding mini-pumps - I have Topeak Master Blaster DX on my MTB
and couple times that I tried to use it I was not very happy with
results. Maybe I should try Crank Brothers pump on MTB - esp since
you can mount it on top tube where there is less chance for it to snag
a branch.
Old March 8th 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
philcycles[_2_]

In 50 years of riding my Silcas have never failed me.
Phil Brown
Old March 8th 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Woland99

On Mar 8, 11:29 am, " wrote:
On Mar 8, 10:20 am, Woland99 wrote:

I have touring bike with Vittoria Randonneur 700x32 tires - they need
about 80psi.
I bought Crank Brothers Alloy Pump for it but then checked online
reviews and
they are very polarized - people either hate it or think it is the
best pump they
ever had. Are there any other pumps you could recommend?

JT

Best pump is the Zefal xpx full frame. mini pumps are silly,
especially for touring where you don't need to save weight.

http://www.bikepro.com/products/pumps/zeffram.html

Get it hehttp://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/item/ZEFPFYDT

Also - is Zefal supposed to mount along seat tube - spring-loaded
between top tube and BB? My bike has second bottle holder there
and I would hate to lose it - is it possible to mount it underneath
the top tube?
Old March 8th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Woland99 wrote:
On Mar 8, 11:29 am, " wrote:
[...]

Yes. Many bicycles have pump pegs for this, though you can also use a
clamp mount thingee on the forward end. You do have to buy the proper
length.
Old March 9th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Woland99

On Mar 8, 11:48 am, philcycles wrote:
In 50 years of riding my Silcas have never failed me.
Phil Brown

I researched Silca and their Impero frame pumps are unfortunately
out of print - some Internet shop may still have them tho. Looks
like a true classic. Only concern is how well it stays on Presta
valve? Can you lock it? Or do you have to press with your hand?
Old March 9th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Mar 8, 11:20 am, Woland99 wrote:
I have touring bike with Vittoria Randonneur 700x32 tires - they need
about 80psi.
I bought Crank Brothers Alloy Pump for it but then checked online
reviews and
they are very polarized - people either hate it or think it is the
best pump they
ever had. Are there any other pumps you could recommend?

JT

Unless you live in a place with unusual road hazards, such robust
tires should go long enough between punctures to make the limitations
of even the lousiest pump bearable.

land "turn the question on its head" otter

Small Pump Recommendations kenster Marketplace 5 July 8th 06 01:19 AM
Small Pump Recommendations Kenneth Damann General 8 June 30th 06 03:05 PM
Frame pump recommendations Király Techniques 42 May 30th 06 03:54 PM
Pump recommendations Cheryl UK 26 December 17th 05 12:44 PM
Recommendations for floor pump? joel roth Techniques 29 March 9th 05 04:57 AM