Anybody tried Slipstreamz?

Old June 16th 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Ralph Barone

Default Anybody tried Slipstreamz?

I was wondering if there was anything that could be used to reduce wind
noise while bicycling, and some idle Googling turned up these three
links:

http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=8
http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=9
http://www.buschmantechnologies.com/

Has anybody tried any of these products, and how well, if at all, do
they work?

PS: Sorry if this is a repeat post. It appears that yesterday's attempt
vanished into the ether.
Old June 16th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Hank

http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.a...hnologies.com/

Has anybody tried any of these products, and how well, if at all, do
they work?

PS: Sorry if this is a repeat post. It appears that yesterday's attempt
vanished into the ether.

I got a set of the Slipstreamz Spoilers after I started wearing
hearing aids, and they did noticeably help.

On the other hand, part of the installation is to unthread your helmet
straps and redo them so that they're flipped around in the front.
Recently, one of the Spoilers fell off my helmet strap, and guess
what? It's the inverted strap that makes 90% of the difference. I took
the other one off. Before buying anything, look at their installation
instructions and rethread your helmet straps. Chances are, that will
do the trick by itself.

If you decide it's worthwhile, go ahead and order a set and give them
their $7 or whatever, even if you don't want to install them. They are
kind of dorky looking, but hooking me up with the flipped-strap trick
was worth what I paid.
Old June 16th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
walter

yes...they do make a subtle difference. it's not massive, but it does
help reduce the wind-roar.

at first you wont notice, but ride with them for a while...then try w/
o them...and it'll be noticeable.

Old June 16th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Camilo

On Jun 15, 9:00 pm, Ralph Barone wrote:
I was wondering if there was anything that could be used to reduce wind
noise while bicycling, and some idle Googling turned up these three
links:

http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.a...hnologies.com/

Has anybody tried any of these products, and how well, if at all, do
they work?

PS: Sorry if this is a repeat post. It appears that yesterday's attempt
vanished into the ether.

I'm having trouble finding an ordering link on their half-assed web
site. Do you know where they can be ordered on line? Thanks.
Old June 17th 08, 06:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

Ralph,
Really, these seem like 'solutions' in search of a problem.
A lot of that these days.
ABS
Old June 17th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Reno

Default Anybody tried Slipstreamz? - virus alerts

Ralph Barone wrote in news:invalid-
1122BE.22003515062008@shawnews:

My Windows LiveOne Care found a Trojan virus when I clicked on the first 2
links.
Old June 20th 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
DougC

Ralph Barone wrote:
I was wondering if there was anything that could be used to reduce wind
noise while bicycling, and some idle Googling turned up these three
links:

http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=8
http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=9
http://www.buschmantechnologies.com/

Has anybody tried any of these products, and how well, if at all, do
they work?

PS: Sorry if this is a repeat post. It appears that yesterday's attempt
vanished into the ether.

I tried the Buschman Technologies Windfoils.

They did not fit well in my case--they would need to be held in closer
to my head to work right, and riding on the helmet straps they have a
bit of space in the front edge. They reduce the "rumbling" wind noise,
but not the "rushing" noise.

In winter they would also help keep your ears warmer too I suppose. I
gave up on wearing a helmet much, and with nothing to attach them to I
lost interest in the concept.

I would think that wearing a pair of furry earmuffs would work
considerably better at reducing wind noise (because they would be
pressed against your ears) and look only marginally sillier.
~
Old June 21st 08, 10:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats[_15_]

In article invalid-1122BE.22003515062008@shawnews,
Ralph Barone writes:
I was wondering if there was anything that could be used to reduce wind
noise while bicycling, and some idle Googling turned up these three
links:

http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=8
http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=9
http://www.buschmantechnologies.com/

Has anybody tried any of these products, and how well, if at all, do
they work?

I just grow my hair out.

The diff between long hair and short hair in terms
of wind noise while riding is quite notable.

The beauty of having a lush, VersonGeterix-like, barbaric
mane is: one can still hear things which are important
to hear, like the back-up signals of garbage trucks
squeezing out of back alleys.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old June 21st 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

Ralph Barone writes:
I was wondering if there was anything that could be used to reduce wind
noise while bicycling, and some idle Googling turned up these three
links:

http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=8
http://www.slipstreamz.com/content.asp?subID=9
http://www.buschmantechnologies.com/

Has anybody tried any of these products, and how well, if at all, do
they work?

I just grow my hair out.

The diff between long hair and short hair in terms
of wind noise while riding is quite notable.

The beauty of having a lush, VersonGeterix-like, barbaric
mane is: one can still hear things which are important
to hear, like the back-up signals of garbage trucks
squeezing out of back alleys.

cheers,
Tom

Dear Tom,

You mean like this?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/wo...00/1805342.stm

:-)

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old June 21st 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Kunich

wrote in message

You mean like this?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/wo...00/1805342.stm