Bike Clubs

Old July 29th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
It's Chris

Default Bike Clubs

Anybody here have any "complaints" about the clubs in your area? Their
preferred type of riding isn't compaatible with yours, they don't ride
far/fast/slow enough, or enough period, general "lethatargy" and so on?

Post your gripes, if you have any, about "your" local clubs, I'm
curious.

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

Old July 29th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

It's Chris wrote:
Anybody here have any "complaints" about the clubs in your area? Their
preferred type of riding isn't compaatible with yours, they don't ride
far/fast/slow enough, or enough period, general "lethatargy" and so on?

Post your gripes, if you have any, about "your" local clubs, I'm
curious.

Why do all the rides start so early in the day?

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”
Old July 29th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bruce Gilbert[_3_]

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
It's Chris wrote:
Anybody here have any "complaints" about the clubs in your area? Their
preferred type of riding isn't compaatible with yours, they don't ride
far/fast/slow enough, or enough period, general "lethatargy" and so on?

Post your gripes, if you have any, about "your" local clubs, I'm
curious.

Why do all the rides start so early in the day?

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”

Down here in Houston our summer rides all start at 7 or 7:30. Getting off
the bike later than 11 is just like being incinerated in a solar oven.
Having dealt with Melanoma already I try not to fry too much...

Bruce

Old July 29th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

It's Chris wrote:
Anybody here have any "complaints" about the clubs in your area? Their
preferred type of riding isn't compaatible with yours, they don't ride
far/fast/slow enough, or enough period, general "lethatargy" and so on?

Post your gripes, if you have any, about "your" local clubs, I'm
curious.

Why do all the rides start so early in the day?

Down here in Houston our summer rides all start at 7 or 7:30. Getting off
the bike later than 11 is just like being incinerated in a solar oven.
Having dealt with Melanoma already I try not to fry too much...

7:30 PM would be a more reasonable time to start.

Old July 29th 08, 05:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bruce Gilbert[_3_]

It's Chris wrote:
Anybody here have any "complaints" about the clubs in your area? Their
preferred type of riding isn't compaatible with yours, they don't ride
far/fast/slow enough, or enough period, general "lethatargy" and so

on?

Post your gripes, if you have any, about "your" local clubs, I'm
curious.

Why do all the rides start so early in the day?

Down here in Houston our summer rides all start at 7 or 7:30. Getting

off
the bike later than 11 is just like being incinerated in a solar oven.
Having dealt with Melanoma already I try not to fry too much...

7:30 PM would be a more reasonable time to start.

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”

Most of the organized summer rides go at 7am in this part of the world.

Some years ago on the way back home from nationals, my daughter and I
stopped in Durham, NC to see my wife's aunt. We did a group ride that
started at 1PM. That was a new and unusual experience for us. It was kind of
nice to ride in the early afternoon and not have the hair burned off your
arms.

Bruce

Old July 30th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

It's Chris wrote:
[...]

Do not people work anymore? I could not attend a ride that started later
than 4 AM or before 7 PM.

Old July 30th 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
sally

Tom Sherman wrote in
:
Do not people work anymore? I could not attend a ride that started later
than 4 AM or before 7 PM.

Cycling is a popular sport with retired people.