Spring

Old March 29th 11, 06:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Spring

Today was the second time I've gone to the store on my bike. Several
times during the winter I've seen that the streets were passable, and
made an excuse to go riding, but now I'm starting to run errands that
I was going to run anyway -- indeed, today I'd put on bike-shoe
incompatible thick socks and combed my hair into a helmet-incompatible
Mama Katzenjammer before realizing that there was plenty of daylight
left.

The first trip was on an unseasonably-warm day, so I went out in only
one pair of sweatpants and only one jersey, and discovered that I was
pushing the season a bit. When I feel a trifle underdressed during a
walk, all I have to do is walk a bit faster -- but that doesn't work
at *all* on a bike!

Learning from that, I wore two pairs of sweatpants and two jerseys
today -- but I should have worn a winter jersey instead of a spring
jersey under my summer jersey. And riding faster still doesn't help!
But I got everything packed neatly in my panniers, and didn't squash
the bananas. Experience in judging the contents of the shopping cart
helps. Also helped that I couldn't find the Michelena entrees that
were supposed to be on special at a dollar each.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old March 29th 11, 02:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 00:01:41 -0500, Joy Beeson
wrote:

[...]

I thought that spring was coming two weeks ago when it came close to
70F but that was only one day and then it was back to winter. The
toughest part of commuting by bike is big temperature swings during
the day. It was 28F when I left the house this morning (12.5 miles to
work) and will be 48 or so when I head home. That's two totally
different sets of biking clothes so I have to bring them along.
Old March 30th 11, 12:56 PM
mischastar mischastar is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgk View Post
lid wrote:

[...]

I can't wait until the weather is warm...i hibernate! in the figurative sense of course, before emerging to enjoy the sun
Old March 30th 11, 03:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Joy, I respect your knowledge and skill about sewing, and I am
learning a lot from your sewing site. Thanks for making the
information available.

If i'n on my uni, it must be spring! BraveSirStupid Unicycling 0 March 20th 07 05:11 PM
You can tell it's spring when Just A User General 6 March 18th 07 02:08 AM
Spring? ... Spring? .... TomCAt Rides 5 February 21st 05 09:33 PM
Psylo spring rate compare to Marz Z1 spring rate? Scott Off Road 0 March 17th 04 03:07 AM
Psylo spring rate compare to Marz Z1 spring rate Scott Mountain Biking 3 March 17th 04 01:26 AM