Personal trainer

Old February 28th 12, 06:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Personal trainer

"Simon Mason" wrote in message news:...
Mrs M found it not too arduous today and we conquered the chimney in
around 35 minutes.
Four months ago, she would have had no chance of climbing it.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/rose.htm

Well today is exactly four months into our training programme with just
three more months to go. Her weight loss has been mainly centred around her
bottom and thighs, but as she can now take her rings off with ease, even her
fingers are becoming more dainty too. The most stubborn fat is around her
abdomen but she knows that this adipose tissue will be the last to disappear
so we are not too concerned about this; as long as we keep working hard and
sticking to a low calories diet, it will all come together.

As for today's walk we are going up Nunburnholme hill which is number 7 on
our list of killer hills.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/hills.jpg

Our local Cyclosportive goes over it and the evil club snapper sits there at
the top taking mugs shots every July.

http://www.hullthursdayrc.co.uk/Resu...e/pictures.htm

Note rider number 7821 - the near 90-year-old Barry Trotter who I chatted
with the other day about visiting Bosnia.
Also note that he is not wearing and never wears a helmet - how has he
survived to his old age and kept in such good shape without one?
Simple - he rides his bike every day, like he has done since 1928 :-)

--
Simon Mason

Old February 28th 12, 07:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

http://www.hullthursdayrc.co.uk/Resu...Sportive/pictu...

Note rider number 7821 - the near 90-year-old Barry Trotter who I chatted
with the other day about visiting Bosnia.
Also note that he is not wearing and never wears a helmet - how has he
survived to his old age and kept in such good shape without one?
Simple - he rides his bike every day, like he has done since 1928 :-)

Maybe he has kippers and grapefruit for breakfast. Mmmmm yummy. Oh
yes, scrambled egg makes a good starter, I can get it from the cold
pan and into my mush in two minutes.
Old February 28th 12, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Feb 28, 7:04*am, thirty-six wrote:
On Feb 28, 6:35*am, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

[...]

I keep forgetting to add them to my weekly dead drop :-(
I will start a new order for next week ASAP and they will top the
list.

We have sorted out this week's itinerary before we both go back to
work on Monday.

WED - Goathland again, with an armful of Beckwatter ale bottles on the
way back, fish and pea at Potter Hill fish shop in Pickering. Mrs M
wants a battered pineapple ring as well.

THU - Hanging Grimston - must remember to take some big boxes with us.
There is a large pile of hoss muck in one of the fields there, so we
are going a half inch a job load.

FRI - Spurn Point for two hours of beach walking, plus I will drop a
huge load of food off at work on the way back, plus that tree trunk
for my mate.

SAT - Sherburn and back across the fields.

SUN - Humber Bridge farmers market at 0900 looking for goose eggs and
ostrich meat, then an eight mile trek into Hull along the Humber
catching a bus back home.

Then it is back to the daily grind every weekday in March as I have to
make the time back I have just taken off.

--
Simon Mason
Old February 28th 12, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 28/02/2012 13:03, Simon Mason wrote:
On Feb 28, 7:04 am, wrote:
On Feb 28, 6:35 am, "Simon
wrote:

"Simon wrote in message news:...
[...]

Really? Wow! That was really interesting. Do let us know if she
enjoyed it.

University
Old February 29th 12, 03:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"thirty-six" wrote in message
On Feb 28, 6:35 am, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
[...]

I have added kippers to next week's dead drop.
Sunday should see us getting goose eggs from the farmer's market - fingers
crossed.

--
Simon Mason

Old February 29th 12, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Feb 29, 3:12*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
"Simon Mason" considered Wed, 29 Feb
2012 03:50:08 -0000 the perfect time to write:

"thirty-six" wrote in message
On Feb 28, 6:35 am, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
[...]

Remember how to check it's a properly smoked one.

It doesn't smell like Taste The Difference household ammonia after two
weeks. ;-)
Old March 1st 12, 07:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"thirty-six" wrote in message

[...]

They look pretty decent anyway.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/kipper.jpg
--
Simon Mason

Old March 2nd 12, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Mar 2, 1:00*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
"Simon Mason" considered Thu, 1 Mar
2012 07:31:20 -0000 the perfect time to write:

"thirty-six" wrote in message

[...]

Those aren't even proper kippers.
They are dyed with paprika, and are fillets, not whole fish.
Even if they had been smoked properly, instead of dyed, they'd still
not taste as good when done off the bone.

dontcha mean on-the-bone?

If you try those, and then get some real ones (I see there is a real
smokehouse at Whitby - Fortunes at 22, Henrietta Street, which may be
your nearest) you'll be able to taste the difference.http://www.fortuneskippers.co.uk/

What does it matter if he can eat the pack in one sitting?

If buying from a fishmonger (and they do sometimes have the real
thing) look for the holes by the gills where they've been hung on the
tenter-hooks, and the pale area bounded by straight lines running
across the kipper, where the tenter-stick has shaded the kipper from
smoke while it's hanging in the smokehouse.
Doing a search for a decent picture which shows this, I found the top
picture on this pagehttp://www.deliaonline.com/ingredients/ingredients-a-z/Ingredients-j-...
shows that you can clearly see the broad, pale, sharp-edged line made
by the tenter-stick just behind the gills, with the two holes where
the hooks went.

Nothing else is a kipper.

I don't remember liking real kippers, I think they were overbaked.
Have you tried Petri canned kippers from Lidl? I think they are
delicious, they state "Smoked Herring Fillets" on the top of the can.
I need to replenish stock so I can't give you any more packing
information just now. They certainly have a metallic golden sheen and
are both fishy and smokey unlike the scorched and burnt taste that
other packed fish described as "kippers" leave in the mouth, usually
salted with sodium chloride. The Petri branded fish does seem like it
ought to be the real deal, it's delicate and tasty, (seams to be sea
salt) a perfect balance for me anyway. I'm typically eating one can
of kipper fillets and one of herrings in sauce plus a scrambled egg or
two for breakfast and it's really picking me up. I don't even bother
with a cuppa!
Old March 2nd 12, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 2, 1:00*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:

They look pretty decent anyway.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/kipper.jpg

Those aren't even proper kippers.
They are dyed with paprika, and are fillets, not whole fish.
Even if they had been smoked properly, instead of dyed, they'd still
not taste as good when done off the bone.

If you try those, and then get some real ones (I see there is a real
smokehouse at Whitby - Fortunes at 22, Henrietta Street, which may be
your nearest) you'll be able to taste the difference.http://www.fortuneskippers.co.uk/
If buying from a fishmonger (and they do sometimes have the real
thing) look for the holes by the gills where they've been hung on the
tenter-hooks, and the pale area bounded by straight lines running
across the kipper, where the tenter-stick has shaded the kipper from
smoke while it's hanging in the smokehouse.

Cheers Phil.
As it happens, there is a farm shop between Malton and Pickering that
states that it sells Whitby fish.
When we next go to Goathland or Rosedale Abbey I will pop in and see
if they have any.
Failing that, we can go onto Whitby after our walk as it is only
another 9 miles from Goathland.

---
Simon Mason
Old March 3rd 12, 05:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 2, 6:38*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:

Cheers Phil.
As it happens, there is a farm shop between Malton and Pickering that
states that it sells Whitby fish.
When we next go to Goathland or Rosedale Abbey I will pop in and see
if they have any.
Failing that, we can go onto Whitby after our walk as it is only
another 9 miles from Goathland.

They are right at the foot of the 199 steps up to the Abbey in East
Whitby, which would make a reasonable workout in themselves.

We walked up them last month - the only snag we found with Whitby was
that the fish and pea was rubbish.
The first one we went into had no fish, the second one did but it was
so small we had to go to another one to get a bag of chips as we were
still hungry.
I am sure there must be one decent one there.

Yesterday's walk was wonderful - Spurn Point.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/spurnpoint.htm

Fish and pea was excellent - Newton's in Market Place, Patrington.

--
Simon Mason

Personal trainer Simon Mason UK 1 February 9th 12 10:13 PM
Personal trainer Simon Mason UK 314 February 3rd 12 05:23 PM
Personal trainer Simon Mason[_4_] UK 4 November 17th 11 10:09 AM
Personal trainer thirty-six UK 6 November 16th 11 05:25 PM
Personal trainer thirty-six UK 0 November 15th 11 12:16 PM