TdF, any other `teams'?

Old July 13th 05, 02:27 PM
Euan

Default TdF, any other `teams'?

First year watching this wonderful event and a burning question: is
Discovery the only team?

I mean I see a lot of riders wearing similar kit but they don't seem to
be working for each other in the same way that the Disco boys are
working for Lance. What hope does Ulli have with Kloden and Vino doing
their own thing?

--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,
Old July 14th 05, 12:45 AM
Marx SS

“All for one, & every man for himself!”

The hills are a hard place to ask for a big effort from your team
Disco boys are well drilled/skilled & seem to lay down their las
banana for the tall texan

--
Marx SS

Old July 14th 05, 04:17 AM
Absent Husband

Yeah - it seems that there is no ambiguity at all with the Disco team :
we are riding for Lance, nothing else matters...

Whereas with, say, T-mobile - they seem to be hdging their bets a bit.
Three GC possibles, with Ullrich as the most likely. And so Vino, and
occasionaly Kloden, muck about and do their own thing.

Contrast that with Salvodelli in Disco - this year's Giro winner who
has fully taken on the role of Lance's helper...

Absent Husband (who really, really needs a domestique on his
commutes...)

Old July 14th 05, 04:43 AM
PiledHigher

Absent Husband Wrote:
Yeah - it seems that there is no ambiguity at all with the Disco team :
we are riding for Lance, nothing else matters...

Whereas with, say, T-mobile - they seem to be hdging their bets a bit.
Three GC possibles, with Ullrich as the most likely. And so Vino, and
occasionaly Kloden, muck about and do their own thing.

Contrast that with Salvodelli in Disco - this year's Giro winner who
has fully taken on the role of Lance's helper...

Absent Husband (who really, really needs a domestique on his
commutes...)

This reminds me of a discussion we were having the other day about wha
you could do if you were on serious CEO money, say 1 million plus
year. I'd be paying a development squad of young riders to be my trai
whenever I rode

--
PiledHigher

Old July 14th 05, 05:13 AM
Tamyka Bell

Absent Husband wrote:

Yeah - it seems that there is no ambiguity at all with the Disco team :
we are riding for Lance, nothing else matters...

Whereas with, say, T-mobile - they seem to be hdging their bets a bit.
Three GC possibles, with Ullrich as the most likely. And so Vino, and
occasionaly Kloden, muck about and do their own thing.

Contrast that with Salvodelli in Disco - this year's Giro winner who
has fully taken on the role of Lance's helper...

Absent Husband (who really, really needs a domestique on his
commutes...)

What I'm not good enough?

Tam
Old July 14th 05, 05:13 AM
Bikesoiler

PiledHigher Wrote:
This reminds me of a discussion we were having the other day about wha
you could do if you were on serious CEO money, say 1 million plus
year. I'd be paying a development squad of young riders to be my trai
whenever I rode!

To earn that money, as CEO etc, you'd get bugger all time to ride
really need the tow.

Hmmm.. retire early, ride alot...... could have merit

--
Bikesoiler

Old July 14th 05, 06:39 AM
adam85

:
we are riding for Lance, nothing else matters...

Whereas with, say, T-mobile - they seem to be hdging their bets

bit.
Three GC possibles, with Ullrich as the most likely. And so Vino

and
occasionaly Kloden, muck about and do their own thing.

Contrast that with Salvodelli in Disco - this year's Giro winner who
has fully taken on the role of Lance's helper...

Absent Husband (who really, really needs a domestique on his
commutes...)

What I'm not good enough?

Tam

He said domestique not dominatrix! Domestiques work *for* you no
make you their climbing bitch

--
adam85

Old July 14th 05, 06:47 AM
PiledHigher

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
Absent Husband wrote:

Yeah - it seems that there is no ambiguity at all with the Disco tea

:
we are riding for Lance, nothing else matters...

Whereas with, say, T-mobile - they seem to be hdging their bets

bit.
Three GC possibles, with Ullrich as the most likely. And so Vino

and
occasionaly Kloden, muck about and do their own thing.

Contrast that with Salvodelli in Disco - this year's Giro winner who
has fully taken on the role of Lance's helper...

Absent Husband (who really, really needs a domestique on his
commutes...)

What I'm not good enough?

Tam

I've heard that you are good to draft behind

--
PiledHigher

Old July 15th 05, 08:58 AM
Parbs

"adam85" wrote in message ...

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

What I'm not good enough?

He said domestique not dominatrix! Domestiques work *for* you not
make you their climbing bitch!

ROLF - Post of the Week!!

Parbs