Teams

Old March 9th 05, 09:40 AM
zach_jucha

Default Teams

So, I don't really pay that much attention to the unicycling community,
but I do check the message board off and on and get involved in a lot of
stuff when it's going down, and recently after not really checking the
boards in a few months come back and all of a sudden everyone has a
"team". I for one do not get this phenomenon and think that teams are
lame. However, for the most part I just don't get it. Many questions
come to mind, mostly "wtf" though. It's not really the idea of a team,
Dan mentioned it briefly one time and I thought it was cool, but just
the fact that everyone has a team is kind of weird. So, please discuss
teams/your team/goats here, and I would have assumed there already would
be a thread for this but I searched and couldn't find anything. And
remember, technically Hell On Wheel came up with the idea before anyone.
BAM!

--
zach_jucha - emulating dan heaton since 2002

-Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

- Homestar

me: unicyclist forums
me: what are they not good for
alex: Serious, well thought out discussion?
me: exactly
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

Old March 9th 05, 10:00 AM
GizmoDuck

My teams:

Team J'ville Cycles- the bike shop that sponsors me- I'm the only
unicyclist

Team Unicycle.com- they supported me in my 24hr ride, and they usually
sponsor a team or two at the 12hr/24hr Mountainbike events

Team NZUNI- NZ riders riding overseas seem to have attached themselves
to this name

--
GizmoDuck - NZUNI

o-kO
'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/)

Old March 9th 05, 10:03 AM
jagur

zach_jucha wrote:
* And remember, technically Hell On Wheel came up with the idea before
anyone. BAM! *

YOUR WRONG!!!! they were like a year after *Muni Militia*

PS. even i never start a sentence with And.

--
jagur - Sealed in Carbonite

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old March 9th 05, 12:27 PM
Zzagg

As far as I'm concerned, I'm part of a "team" sponsored by a
jugglery/kite/unicycle/mountainboard... shop. I'm the only unicyclist,
others are mountain boarders.
this allows me to scratch my Tshirts and get some new ones, get some
free parts for my unis and even test some protos (like the Koxx One
Devil)...
The least I can do is mentionning my team when talking to the unicyclist
community (even if I very few english-speaking people know this french
shop).

It's certainly pure self-satisfaction but I like beeing part of a team
(and claming it )

--
Zzagg - froggy uni

Zzagg - Team Air Circus (Nantes)

Riding day, dream away...
Still riding, still dreaming.
Zzagg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6847

Old March 9th 05, 05:59 PM
s7ev0

zach_jucha wrote:
*I NEVER MISTAKE "YOUR" (POSSESSIVE) WITH "YOU'RE" (CONTRACTION OF
"YOU" AND "ARE")!!!

DOUBLE BAM!!!!!

i thought i was probably mistaken since i would assume there are a lot
of old freestyle teams and stuff. john foss could probably enlighten
us... *

Capital letters should be used for the personal pronoun "I" and initial
letters of proper nouns.

*At this point, s7ev0 eats shoots and leaves...*

--
s7ev0 - E pluribus uni

s7ev0's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7310

Old March 9th 05, 08:04 PM
johnfoss

zach_jucha wrote:
*i thought i was probably mistaken since i would assume there are a
lot of old freestyle teams and stuff. john foss could probably
enlighten us... *

Hmmm. Not much in the way of teams. When we go to Unicon we have
national teams, even if we don't train or organize as a team. When we
get there, all the people from one country are on that "team."

We have Group Freestyle, so the people in each group can think of
themselves as teams, but it's not a word we really use. I think most
people think of themselves as groups.

Then there are unicycle clubs, who think of themselves as clubs. Even if
they're disorganized clubs, like the Gold Country Unicyclists, who don't
do much as a group.

To have a team, implies you have a sport or other place where your team
represents itself against other teams. We have basketball and hockey
teams. There are no teams in traditional unicycle racing, except
national teams.

But there have been teams of unicyclists who entered bicycle events. I
am honored to have been a member of Team Cyclops, who ride in the 24
Hours of Adrenaline at Laguna Seca every year. I love my Team Cyclops
jersey. But outside of a team competition event, I don't see the point
of being a team.

This includes being sponsored, to a point. If you are a member of a bike
(or other) team with a common sponsor, that's a fully legit team, even
if you never do any kind of competition with the rest of your team. But
just saying you have a team, for no apparent reason, seems to have no
apparent reason.

--
johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old March 9th 05, 10:57 PM
zach_jucha

In fact 'wrong' can be used as a noun so 'your wrong' is not in itself
wrong therefore is the mistake with the reader or the writer?

Capital letters should be used for the personal pronoun "I" and
initial letters of proper nouns.

*eats a can of paint*

it's interesting that so many people are actually sponsored. i'm
thinking of trying to get sponsored by someone since i desperately need
a new street/trials/flatland uni and don't have the money to buy one,
but i doubt anyone local would be able to supply me with that. any
ideas..? i plan on making a short video soon and i was thinking to use
it like a sponsor video.

Old March 10th 05, 12:39 AM
Schenk182

'Team Unicycle PA from Lansdale, PA. Check out some videos. And yes we
are newbies' (http://www.unicyclePA.com)
Leave us some feedback..
Later

--
Schenk182

www.UnicyclePA.com
We Suck!!
But It's all good...
Schenk182's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9391

Old March 10th 05, 12:53 AM
unifreak7

Team Primitive (sorry about spelling)
Dan, Brian, Jess, Mike, Saban, and another. Some of the most known
riders out there.
Team "Hell oh wheel"
No nothing about them, except for the hell on wheel vids. Don't know
their people though.
Team Hazard
Keaton Miller, Dallas Miller, Matt Markel, And Myself. Just the local
riders around here. We've got some skill. Ha.

-Shaun Johanneson

--
unifreak7 - Team Hazard

Mindless Films
www.geocities.com/mindless_films
unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

Old March 10th 05, 12:57 AM
forrestunifreak

Im on team M.U.N.I(montana unicycling nutcase
institoution).consiting of me,my brother,my friend,and his
friend.

--
forrestunifreak - whats up the heck with yams?

"Its all fun and games untill sombody gets hurt.then its freaking
hilarious."

~real tv guy