Ruined. Irretrievably ruined.

Old March 22nd 05, 05:55 PM
Kayote

Default Ruined. Irretrievably ruined.

How's this for a wreck? Lesson learned? Don't have your uni in the
back of a car when you crash and burn.

| Attachment filename: burnt uni.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/290166|

Kayote

Greg, your cartoonin' unicycler.

http://www.cafepress.com/unicycles
Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562

Old March 22nd 05, 05:58 PM
TheObieOne3226

THAT IS SO COOL.

--
TheObieOne3226 - SWAT

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde
Mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

Old March 22nd 05, 06:03 PM
brockfisher05

what happend that created som much destruction to one wheel lol

--
brockfisher05 - TEAM YAMS LEADER

THE YAM FATHER

ADD ME AT:
brockfisher05's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8363

Old March 22nd 05, 06:16 PM
Erin

Holy SMOKES! Now that is one wrecked uni!

--
Erin - Onewheeler

Ride more, with less.
Erin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2036

Old March 22nd 05, 06:21 PM
DigitalDave

lol .. no wonder they never found Hoffa ...

Was is just an electrical fire outof control..? or an accident ...?

I hope your OK, and that they didn't find Hoffa's teeth

That frame is heat tempered now... it's stonger !

--
DigitalDave - Ðîgï†å||¥ ËñhÂÑ€èÐ

'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
(http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
'20,124 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8399731)
my will to live was stronger than my will to die. - iggy pop
that which does not kill me, makes me stronger. - friedrich nietzsche
1899
if it's popular, then what's it got to do with us? - mens room wall
DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003

Old March 22nd 05, 06:25 PM
jagur

you sould aution that carcuss off on here to fund a new one.

--
jagur - Sealed in Pixels

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old March 22nd 05, 07:29 PM
bugman

You can't post a picture like that without more of an explanation. Now
you have people worried about you. Are you okay? If that's the uni
what happened to the car? Hope you are ok.

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

-"Worried about rising sea levels? Move into the hills! I might be a
hillbilly but when you're drinking sal****er in the 2nd floor of your
beach condo, my mullet will be drier than a can of Skoal left open on a
sunny day."- - maestro8

-"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."- -
Albert Einstein

Old March 22nd 05, 07:47 PM
BraveSirStupid

In article t.com,
"Kayote" wrote:

That's one of those new 4:1 geared Outtaphazes, right?

like i said: nomex.

..max
"speed kills"

--
brave sir stupid is played by max monningh,
http://flickr.com/photos/86932068@N00/tags/bravesirstupid/
Old March 22nd 05, 08:11 PM
Kayote

Okay, first off, it wasn't my uni, my jeep, nor my accident. But the
involved guy doesn't post here, and I just couldn't let the image go to
waste. I thought everyone here might like it.

Here's the tale:

I ride with three other guys on trails. One of the guys is a sixteen
year old who just got his driver's license. He's not a bad driver, did
his graduated learner's permit stuff without incident, and his dad-
another one of the trail riders- taught him to drive off-road and
everything.

All that wasn't enough to keep him from plowing a stately ol' deciduous
hardwood on one side of a gravel road. He and his bud John (the fourth
in our riding group) got out of the Jeep Cherokee just about the time it
caught fire.

The unicycle, which was his late Christmas gift, and which he and his
dad had been planning on and saving for, was in the back of the jeep.

The missing crank melted off of it. Look at the picture again. Eek.

The frame's probably salvageable, but that's about it. Heat Tempered
now, just like Digital Dave says.