any Virginia unicyclists?

Old May 30th 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

Default any Virginia unicyclists?

Hi Hell-on-wheel

I've talked with you before. I want to ride w/ some folks.... I'm
getting really good at BC wheel & uni but I have nobody to ride with. I
don't do Muni b/c I don't have a Muni worthy wheel. I like urban
riding. I just got my new 5' giraffe. I can do no hands kickup mount,
1 leg riding, and other misc stuff. I just want to ride w/ some
folks!! I use to make videos but my camera is done for.

ANYONE CONTACT ME if you want to organize a ride. I'm willing to go
down to Richmond on a Saturday for a ride....I really want to ride
URBAN~~

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*

Check out my VIDEOS at www.geocities.com/jneigh4
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 30th 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pdc

I'm in Mount Solon VA near Harrisonburg. I'm about 2 hours west of
Richmond.

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 30th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unirox13

Max McWhirter- Richmond VA

edit- joejumps4fun, me and one of my friends are almost always riding
richmond on saturdays. we're going to be down there this weekend,
saturday june 2nd at around noon, if you wanna come down pm me for
directions or hit me up on aim- unirox13

--
unirox13

It Takes Twice The man To Ride Half The Bike!
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 30th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

Fairfax VA here.

--
siafirede

James = my name
'This' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout) = my myspace
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 30th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unirox13

anyone is willing to drop by the the aformentioned ride. just pm me for
directions and where we'll meet.

Old May 31st 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

I am kind of more interested in setting up a long distance
ride...perhaps on skyline drive. Frank, PDC, others with cokers...let
me know if you would be interested. I have always wanted to tackle
skyline drive on my unicycle.

Old May 31st 07, 05:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

siafirede wrote:
I have always wanted to tackle skyline drive on my unicycle -in a day-.

It's 105 miles right? You know, the best way to do these things is just
to do them. For that distance it'd be easiest to just ride in a day,
rather than camp. Is there any way to get a lift to the start and end
points?

If it was possible you could do it a week on Tuesday (like 12th June),
or Saturday 16th June, then I could tag along! It would be awesome.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 31st 07, 12:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hell-on-wheel

Wow, this is an old thread from the HoW glory days. The original poster
actually isn't me but Hugh Zeigler, who stopped riding years ago.
Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for a week starting June 2, but you
should come and ride with Max, et al. Sounds like you've built up
quite a repertoire. Definitely the best way to learn new tricks and
techniques is riding with other folks. Hmm...perhaps another
semi-organized Richmond event is in order.

--
hell-on-wheel

"...or the confluence of rare meteorological phenomena."
-George Peck
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 31st 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pdc

I'd like to do part of Skyline as well. Since I've moved back to the
mountain I've been riding exclusively Muni. My poor 36er has been
collecting dust. I'd definitely wouldn't be up to 100 miles. I wouldn't
want to be a ball and chain to the regular bigger distance riders.

Old March 5th 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

For those that don't know, check out the new Virginia thread:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67946

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*