Had a really good day riding yesterday.

Old April 13th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Had a really good day riding yesterday.

I'm one of those riders who took a very long time to learn and my
proficiency has not exactly increased by leaps and bounds. Riding
still doesn't come as naturally to me as walking does. I still UPD way
more often than I should and often at places where there was just no
reason to. But, yesterday was a really great day for me. It was one
of those days where everything seemed to be working. Lines that would
usually trip me up, I was riding easily. My idling is usually labored
and unsteady but yesterday I could idle as long as I wanted and it felt
smooth and controlled. My hopping is, at best, inconsistent but
yesterday it felt natural and controlled. Heck, I even did four pedal
revs backwards, stopped, and resumed forwards riding. I've never been
able to do more than 2 revs backwards before. There is nothing like
having a great day of riding to boost one's confidence and reinvigorate
ones enthusiasm about riding.

I tend to be 'streaky' at most things I do. One day I can play nothing
but hot licks on my mandolin and another day it's sloppy. Sometimes I
can kick @$$ at the ping-pong table, and other times I can't find the
table with both hands. When I get out on the high speed twisties on my
motorcycle, some days I'm hitting perfect lines and others I'm just not
smooth. It's probably a mental thing but my personal challenge for all
things I do is to increase that ratio of good days to bad. I've
noticed that ratio is definitely increasing on the unicycle and that
sure feels good.

I know that a lot of you reading this can do big drops and unispins and
such. I may never get there but the beauty of unicycling is that there
are goals to achieve at all levels and it always feels so monumental to
acheive them.

Ride On

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

Old April 13th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Ah, a kindred spirit.

Glad you had such a good day. It's always good to know that this is a
multi talent forum.

Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

Old April 13th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I had one such day on tuesday this week...

I picked up hopping in place and the jump mount !!!

All while at a skate park with a bunch of people watching me =)

--
fordfasterr

Fav Quotes:
A. {Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, Small
minds discuss people.}
B. {The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.}
AIM SN: FordFasteR - 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636R carfree.com whyquit.com
fordfasterr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11890