Saw Levi Leipheimer yesterday

Old April 18th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Saw Levi Leipheimer yesterday

Jason Waddell wrote:
Benjo,

Thanks to you and Chung for the stroll down memory lane.... I don't
see the bike near as much as I would like. I am completely exhausted
with University and work committments these days. I did have a
conversation a few months ago with an old friend after one of my "long"
rides of 2hrs when we met for lunch after the ride. it went sorta like
this...
him: why were you so quiet on the bike today?
me: I was just thinking about some things.
him: like what?
me: just racing and stuff.
him: oh, are you gonna race this year?
me: no, well maybe
him: oh, you were thinking about when you raced?
me: yep, I came to a realization today.
him: yeah?
me: I realized that I will never again be able to do what I used to on
the bike.

at this point I quietly finished my beer and pedaled home....

thanks for the memories guys,
jason

Cap'n Waddle,
Thanks to you for posting it in the first place.

I know (a little) about school and work wearing you out.
Look at it this way, I also may never again be able to do what
I used to do on the bike - and I sucked to begin with.

Even if your long ride is 2 hours, at least you are riding it
and enjoying it. There are burned out guys out there who
never look at the bike again. You have your head and
your integrity intact. Plus, you can drink a beer after the
ride and not have to weigh your oatmeal and **** like that.
There's something to be said for not weighing your oatmeal.

Ben
I hope nobody posting to RBR has ever actually weighed
their oatmeal, but you never know.

Old April 18th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

...it made me think of the last race i had done where i was as good as
i was ever going to be.

The reason I took up crack-potting is because I can always do better
today than I did yesterday.

Old April 18th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Jason Waddell wrote:
[...]

That's not so bad. You are probably at your peak in school
and work It's bad when you look back and realize you will
never be able to do what you used to in school and work.
The bike stuff is just candy.

Dave
Old April 19th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 16:35:39 -0700,
h squared wrote:
Jason Waddell wrote:

him: oh, you were thinking about when you raced?
me: yep, I came to a realization today.
him: yeah?
me: I realized that I will never again be able to do what I used to on
the bike.

at this point I quietly finished my beer and pedaled home....

waddell, you wrote a good post my reply is retarded, but i'm female
and irrational, so everyone can just pretend to read it and then pat me
on the head and tell me i look pretty when i'm talking nonsense..

anyway, i remember once a year or two ago i was out running and
listening to the radio and there was a line from a goofy pop song that
said, "by the time i recognize this moment, this moment will be gone..."
and it made me think of the last race i had done where i was as good as
i was ever going to be.

i had no idea on that last race day that i wouldn't race ever again or
that i was only a year away from middle aged fat ass. i thought i had
hundreds of more moments like that coming my way, but it turned out to
be the last one of its kind for me.

No nonsense. A fitting response to an excellent post.

--
Theodore (Ted) Heise Bloomington, IN, USA
Old April 19th 06, 08:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

h squared wrote:
anyway, i remember once a year or two ago i was out running and
listening to the radio and there was a line from a goofy pop song that
said, "by the time i recognize this moment, this moment will be gone..."
and it made me think of the last race i had done where i was as good as
i was ever going to be.

i had no idea on that last race day that i wouldn't race ever again or
that i was only a year away from middle aged fat ass. i thought i had
hundreds of more moments like that coming my way, but it turned out to
be the last one of its kind for me. no big deal in the grand scheme of
things but still, i liked your post.

So why don't you swallow your pride and blow your savings on a Trek in
Dicovery colours with matching Discovery jersey and bib and become a fatty
master. Unless of course blue doesn't go with blonde ?

Old April 20th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:

Ben
You can't spell astrocdphysicist
without "OCD".

AstroBoy,

Your calculus TA do T&A like this?

Had a really good day riding yesterday. underdog Unicycling 2 April 13th 06 07:37 PM
MG to sponsor Levi Leipheimer DepartFictif Racing 5 August 19th 05 05:33 AM
Leipheimer robbed?! [email protected] Racing 35 July 30th 05 06:25 AM
Levi didn't know...? Jet Racing 17 July 26th 05 02:00 PM
Setmana-Catalana Stage 4 - Leipheimer, Rodriguez , Basso trg Racing 3 March 25th 04 09:03 PM