Tour de France, stage 10 summary

Old July 14th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

Default Tour de France, stage 10 summary

Changes in stage 10 compared to stage 9

Biggest gainers by position :
+40 Jeremy Roy
+36 Remi Pauriol
+25 Hubert Dupont
+25 Amets Txurruka
+24 Stephane Goubert
+20 Leonardo Piepoli
+20 David Moncoutie
+18 Remy Di Gregorio
+18 Juan Jose Cobo
+17 Matteo Bono

Biggest losers by position :
-23 David Millar
-22 Jesus Del Nero
-21 Felix Rafael Cardenas
-21 Stijn Devolder
-14 David De La Fuente
-14 Inaki Isasi
-14 Stefan Schumacher
-13 Fabian Wegmann
-13 Filippo Pozzato
-13 Martin Muller
-13 William Bonnet

Biggest gainers by time :
+2:23 Leonardo Piepoli
+2:23 Juan Jose Cobo
+1:55 Frank Schleck
+1:17 Bernhard Kohl
+0:18 Vladimir Efimkin
+0:06 Riccardo Ricco
+0:06 Denis Menchov
+0:06 Christian Vande Velde
+0:06 Carlos Sastre
+0:06 Cadel Evans

Biggest losers by time :
-32:32 Bernhard Eisel
-32:32 Mark Cavendish
-31:43 Jimmy Casper
-31:01 Danny Pate
-30:51 Aleksandr Kuschynski
-30:51 Alessandro Ballan
-30:51 Arnaud Coyot
-30:51 Arnaud Gerard
-30:51 Baden Cooke
-30:51 Bjorn Schroder
-30:51 Brett Lancaster

Favourites by position :
+12 Vladimir Efimkin
+12 Riccardo Ricco
+12 Jens Voigt
+9 Frank Schleck
+4 Carlos Sastre
+1 Cadel Evans
-1 Damiano Cunego
-2 George Hincapie
-4 Samuel Sanchez
-6 Kim Kirchen
-8 Alejandro Valverde
-9 Oscar Pereiro
-10 Andy Schleck
-21 Stijn Devolder

Favourites by time :
+1:55 Frank Schleck
+0:18 Vladimir Efimkin
+0:06 Riccardo Ricco
+0:06 Denis Menchov
+0:06 Carlos Sastre
+0:06 Cadel Evans
-1:56 Kim Kirchen
-2:59 Samuel Sanchez
-3:28 Damiano Cunego
-3:29 Alejandro Valverde
-4:40 Oscar Pereiro
-6:36 Andy Schleck
-11:42 Jens Voigt
-12:15 Stijn Devolder
-22:05 George Hincapie

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Cadel Evans 42.29.09
2 Frank Schleck 0.01
3 Christian Vande Velde 0.38
5 Denis Menchov 0.57
6 Carlos Sastre 1.28
7 Kim Kirchen 1.56
9 Riccardo Ricco 2.29
10 Vladimir Efimkin 2.32
13 Samuel Sanchez 4.26
14 Alejandro Valverde 4.41
16 Damiano Cunego 5.37
17 Oscar Pereiro 6.01
22 Andy Schleck 8.34
28 Stijn Devolder 13.36
38 Jens Voigt 27.00
57 George Hincapie 39.51

Retirements to date : Stage
Mauricio Soler (Col) Barloworld 5
Manuel Beltran (Spa) Liquigas 8
Mauro Facci (Ita) Quick Step 7
John Gadret (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 7
Christophe Moreau (Fra) Agritubel 7
Iouri Trofimov (Rus) Bouygues Telecom 10
Lilian Jegou (Fra) Francaise des Jeux 7
Angel Gomez Gomez (Spa) Saunier Duval-Scott 3
Aurelien Passeron (Fra) Saunier Duval-Scott 6
Herve Duclos-Lassalle (Fra) Cofidis 1
Magnus Backstedt (Swe) Garmin Chipotle - H30 7
Total retirements : 11

Old July 14th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

It is pretty surprising how well Christian Vande Velde looked. He was
obviously pressed but my suspicions are that he can at LEAST hold that
position into Paris especially considering that he is a hell of a lot faster
in the 56 km TT than the other hopefuls.

Old July 14th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 14, 7:33 pm, Bob Martin wrote:
[...]

I was impressed with the Saunier Duval team the way they played around
at the head of the race. I hadn't seen that since Festina in the 1997
Tour.

-ilan
Old July 14th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 14, 8:54 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
It is pretty surprising how well Christian Vande Velde looked. He was
obviously pressed but my suspicions are that he can at LEAST hold that
position into Paris especially considering that he is a hell of a lot faster
in the 56 km TT than the other hopefuls.

Taking into account that "other hopefuls" include Evans and Menchov
I'd seriously question your last statement. Even the closest rival
Kohl is not a week TTer.
Old July 15th 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

Changes in stage 10 compared to stage 9

Favourites by time :
+1:55 Frank Schleck
+0:18 Vladimir Efimkin

-22:05 George Hincapie

I know, I know, but it's still funny.

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Cadel Evans 42.29.09
2 Frank Schleck 0.01
3 Christian Vande Velde 0.38

Bob, I have to question why you keep posting these summaries. They seem
a bit off-topic for rbr: no mentions of drunkenness, politics or sex; no
graphs; no reference to the number of guns various riders may be
equipped with, or to which regular posters are actually computer
simulations. Furthermore, you fail to use the word "dumbass" at all.

Really, I have to question where you're going with this.

Thanks,

Old July 15th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim F

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

Changes in stage 10 compared to stage 9

Favourites by time :
+1:55 Frank Schleck
+0:18 Vladimir Efimkin

-22:05 George Hincapie

I know, I know, but it's still funny.

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Cadel Evans 42.29.09
2 Frank Schleck 0.01
3 Christian Vande Velde 0.38

Bob, I have to question why you keep posting these summaries. They seem
a bit off-topic for rbr: no mentions of drunkenness, politics or sex; no
graphs; no reference to the number of guns various riders may be
equipped with, or to which regular posters are actually computer
simulations. Furthermore, you fail to use the word "dumbass" at all.

Really, I have to question where you're going with this.

Thanks,

My only question for Bob is how long it takes for him to compile the stats.
His posts are one of the few I actually read. I can't help but think Millar
is grumbling under his breath dopee', dopee'...

--
JF

"Here comes the lightening and here comes the thunder. Ride on the storm and
take it to the sea. "
- Jim Hunter

Old July 15th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
phillip brown

Bob Martin wrote:

[...]

My question for Bob is why he puts in '...' when he could just as
easily leave in 4th and 8th (and maybe even 11, 12 and 15)?

Otherwise, outstanding job. For me, also, one of my 'must read' posts
each day.

phillip brown