Anyone feel stupid today?

Old July 1st 03, 06:36 PM
Cinder Girl

Default Anyone feel stupid today?

Then this should make you feel better.

Went to unload the bike from the back of the car this morning. Bike is
there. Helmet is there. Pump is there.

Front Wheel? Nope. Not there.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggg

~CG

Old July 1st 03, 07:14 PM
Andy Chequer

"Cinder Girl" wrote in message
Then this should make you feel better.

Went to unload the bike from the back of the car this morning. Bike is
there. Helmet is there. Pump is there.

Front Wheel? Nope. Not there.

I feel stupid most days.

Like the day I drove off with my helmet and shoes on my roof.

Like the day I spilt beer down this keyboard so it doesn't always give you
the right case.

Like the day I heated ethanol with no gauze and a blue flame.

But, as you say, that's pretty stupid.

Let's hear it for stupid everybody!

Andy Chequer, personification of, reputedly

Old July 1st 03, 08:17 PM
John Morgan

Then this should make you feel better.

Went to unload the bike from the back of the car this morning. Bike is
there. Helmet is there. Pump is there.

Front Wheel? Nope. Not there.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggg

~CG

Yup, been there, done that. I drove 30 minutes to the trailhead and no
front wheel. I get back to my house an hour later and it's laying in the
street where it fell when I drove away with it leaning against the side of
my car.

I've also left my front wheel leaning against my front bumper, which
explained what that awful squealing/grinding sound was when I started to
leave the trailhead parking area.

Add those two to the incident when I tried to park in a covered space with
my bike on the roof rack, and I think I've out-stupified you quite easily.

But yes, thanks for making me feel slightly better. =)

-John Morgan

Old July 1st 03, 08:25 PM
Stephen Baker

Cinders says:

Then this should make you feel better.

Welcome to FWF.
Most folks assume it means "Frighteningly Wierd Females", but although it is
appropriate in this case g, it actually stands for "Front Wheel
Forgetterers", and there are a great many members.......... self included.

Steve
Old July 1st 03, 08:29 PM
Sorni

"Cinder Girl" wrote in message
Then this should make you feel better.

Went to unload the bike from the back of the car this morning. Bike is
there. Helmet is there. Pump is there.

Front Wheel? Nope. Not there.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggg

Better that than getting HOME and realizing you left it at the trailhead!
(I was very fortunate it happened in a neighborhood and not somewhere
remote; people across street {who ride} saw it and grabbed it for me.)

Bill "buying 'em a case of beer better than shelling out for a new wheel!"
S.

Old July 1st 03, 09:25 PM
Doug Taylor

"Cinder Girl" wrote:

Then this should make you feel better.

Went to unload the bike from the back of the car this morning. Bike is
there. Helmet is there. Pump is there.

Front Wheel? Nope. Not there.

This will make YOU feel better. I actually did the
drive-into-the-garage-with-bike-on-the rack move the other day. I
can't freaking believe it. After more than 10 years in this sport.
Good thing I'm not a brain surgeon.

--dt
Old July 2nd 03, 12:43 AM
Westie

"John Morgan" wrote in message
Then this should make you feel better.

Went to unload the bike from the back of the car this morning. Bike is
there. Helmet is there. Pump is there.

Front Wheel? Nope. Not there.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggg

~CG

Yup, been there, done that. I drove 30 minutes to the trailhead and no
front wheel. I get back to my house an hour later and it's laying in the
street where it fell when I drove away with it leaning against the side of
my car.

I've also left my front wheel leaning against my front bumper, which
explained what that awful squealing/grinding sound was when I started to
leave the trailhead parking area.

Add those two to the incident when I tried to park in a covered space with
my bike on the roof rack, and I think I've out-stupified you quite easily.

We've got a lovely little insurance advertisement on the TV with exactly
that scenario.
Perky yuppie couple drive perky little SUV smartly into their garage with
two bikes on top.
"AMI. AM I insured? Sure you are..."
--
Westie

Old July 2nd 03, 01:07 AM
Slacker

Then this should make you feel better.

Went to unload the bike from the back of the car this morning. Bike is
there. Helmet is there. Pump is there.

Front Wheel? Nope. Not there.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggg

~CG

That really blows! Look on the bright side, now you can get disk brakes :^ )
--
Slacker

Old July 2nd 03, 01:37 AM
Super Slinky

Westie said...

We've got a lovely little insurance advertisement on the TV with exactly
that scenario.
Perky yuppie couple drive perky little SUV smartly into their garage with
two bikes on top.
"AMI. AM I insured? Sure you are..."
--
Westie

Which is why my bike will never be bolted to the outside of a vehicle.
Old July 2nd 03, 01:41 AM
Chris Hughes

How about getting up at 5am, driving for an hour to get to your favorite
ride and discover that the chain you took off to clean is still in that
mason jar with about a pint of kerosene to keep it company. Lets see, I've
got 2 spare links in my camel back. Now I only have to find 50 people with
two spare links they are willing to give away.
Chris