Thoughts on Cinelli Super Corsa??

Old July 27th 03, 12:49 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Default Thoughts on Cinelli Super Corsa??

Bill Graham wrote in message ...
Silliness.

I ride a 57cm steel bike that weighs 17 lbs.. I'd say that's light enough.
Climbing actually is quite nice on a steel bike. To me the feel is
characteristic of a spring: you get this compression and expansion effect

Well, actually your bike weights about 19 to 21 lbs, too heavy for today's
competitive riding. And that compression - expansion you're talking
about is actually the damn thing flexing, that's the one thing you
don't want, if a frame is doing that is time to dump it.

Old July 27th 03, 02:56 AM
Lewdvig

My 87 GIOS Torino has less BB deflection than either of my aluminium bikes.

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
Silliness.

I ride a 57cm steel bike that weighs 17 lbs.. I'd say that's light enough.
Climbing actually is quite nice on a steel bike. To me the feel is
characteristic of a spring: you get this compression and expansion effect
which propels one up climbs. It's comfort makes for less fatigue in most

as
well to ride longer/farther. I weigh 190 lbs., and I don't recall ever
walking up a hill, but I'm sure there's a first.

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 03:46:35 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"

from
Shaw Residential Internet wrote:

Imagine trying to climb on a steel bike!

Aren't there like really heavy people and that's all they can ride? I

think
they
don't try climbing though. They walk up the hills.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace
I feel like I am sharing a ``CORN-DOG'' with NIKITA KHRUSCHEV ...

Old July 27th 03, 03:26 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Lewdvig wrote in message ...
My 87 GIOS Torino has less BB deflection than either of my aluminium bikes.

A frame from the '80s will be toast by now,
and get rid of your whippy AL frames and buy
something worthy, most oversized AL frames
from Carrera, Fondriest, Bianchi, Orbea,
Cannondale, Colnago, Pinarello, should do it
for you, just make sure you buy from their upper
end of the bike line.

Old July 27th 03, 03:45 AM
Bill Graham

Sorry Sir, you're wrong about the weight of my bike, and that it is time to
dump the bike. It is the resilience of steel in this case that provides the
sensation, not a worn out frame.

Old July 27th 03, 03:55 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Bill Graham wrote in message ...
Sorry Sir, you're wrong about the weight of my bike, and that it is time to
dump the bike. It is the resilience of steel in this case that provides the
sensation, not a worn out frame.

What kind of scales did you use to weight
that with?

Old July 27th 03, 04:06 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Bill Graham wrote in message ...
Sorry Sir, you're wrong about the weight of my bike, and that it is time to
dump the bike. It is the resilience of steel in this case that provides the
sensation, not a worn out frame.

Hi Bill, I've done a bit of research into your issue and
you may want to recalibrate your scales UP by 2.67 lbs.

Let me know want results that gives.

Old July 27th 03, 05:25 AM
A Muzi

"Eurastus" wrote in message
I don't race anymore, so pure performance isn't an issue. I'm looking

for
traditional looks, comfort, and longevity. I've owned and raced on

carbon, Ti,
aluminum, and steel. I just keep coming back to steel.

"F1" wrote:
A bit off topic, but why do you want steel? I'm fairly new to biking

and
just wondering why anyone would want anything BUT a good aluminum

or carbon frame, price not withstanding?

"F1" wrote in message
.net...
I guess I understand the traditional looks and longevity, but I thought
steel was the worst as far as comfort goes.

There's naturally a broad range of opinion but this is the first time I've
heard that one.
You might try riding one some time.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old July 27th 03, 07:00 PM
Tom Sherman

jjpsych wrote:

"F1" wrote in message k.net...
A bit off topic, but why do you want steel? I'm fairly new to biking and
just wondering why anyone would want anything BUT a good aluminum or carbon
frame, price not withstanding?

Because "Steel is Real"

And aluminium alloy, carbon fiber composite, and titanium/titanium
alloys are presumably figments of the imagination.