Calculate distance travelled during bike ride.

Old June 2nd 09, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Calculate distance travelled during bike ride.

I would like to calculate the distance travelled during a bike ride.
Can anyone recommend a site that will allow me to enter the route &
then get the distance covered?
TIA
--
Scientia potentia est (knowledge is power). Bacon

Old June 2nd 09, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe[_6_]

wrote:
I would like to calculate the distance travelled during a bike ride.
Can anyone recommend a site that will allow me to enter the route &
then get the distance covered?
TIA

I use
http://www.mapmyride.com/

It works, and can offer some other useful features such as a ride diary
(if you register) and a profile of the route.

Roger Thorpe
Old June 2nd 09, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opisometer
Old June 2nd 09, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kevin Harper

wrote in message
I would like to calculate the distance travelled during a bike ride.
Can anyone recommend a site that will allow me to enter the route &
then get the distance covered?
TIA
--
Scientia potentia est (knowledge is power). Bacon

www.bikeroutetoaster.com is my weapon of choice

Kevin the Lurker

Old June 2nd 09, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bob[_2_]

wrote:
I would like to calculate the distance travelled during a bike ride.
Can anyone recommend a site that will allow me to enter the route &
then get the distance covered?

I've always used
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ you need to click on "more
options" to bring up form control that allows you to switch country and
thus select the UK map.

Cheers,

--
bob [at] bobarnott [dot] com http://www.bobarnott.com/
"Crash programs fail because they are based on theory that,
Old June 2nd 09, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 2 June, 10:27, wrote:
I would like to calculate the distance travelled during a bike ride.
Can anyone recommend a site that will allow me to enter the route &
then get the distance covered?

http://maps.the-hug.net/ is good for offroad routes coz it uses OS
maps

http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm lets you see OS/OSM/Google
maps side by side, but seems to be broken right now
Old June 2nd 09, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Fox[_8_]

Roger Thorpe wrote:
http://www.mapmyride.com/

Thanks for that link.
As you say it works.

--
Peter 'Prof' Fox
Multitude of things for beer, cycling, Morris and curiosities at

Old June 2nd 09, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

wrote:

I would like to calculate the distance travelled during a bike ride.
Can anyone recommend a site that will allow me to enter the route &
then get the distance covered?
TIA

i tend to use either bikely.com or bikehike.co.uk

bikehike gives grades ie 20% hills etc, though as these and most are
based on google maps it's a guide not the gospel.

for example it claims chedder gorge get not to 20% or 30% or even 40%
but to a full on gear busting 50%....

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com
Capital to Coast
Old June 2nd 09, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Damerell

Quoting :
I would like to calculate the distance travelled during a bike ride.
Can anyone recommend a site that will allow me to enter the route &
then get the distance covered?

Cyclecomputer?
--
David Damerell Distortion Field!