Vetta 100HR sudden problem

Old May 28th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Vetta 100HR sudden problem

Good afternoon. I got a little problem I might need your help with. I have a
Vetta 100HR wireless computer with wireless cadence option I got more than a
year ago. But I installed it just this morning.
So, after the install, I needed to check my new toy out. A mile and a half
into the ride, I suddenly lost any speed and cadence inputs. I spent some
time trying to figure out what's up, but nothing. I thought that it may be
old batteries in both wireless units, even though it's odd they went out at
the same time. Put new ones and again, nothing. The heartrate monitor is
fine though. It is receiving info just fine. I moved the wireless units
around, as well as magnets, but nothing happened. Any ideas what could it
be? It is weird how it stopped working right away.

--
_______

C A III A

Old May 29th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Even thogh the HRM works, I have found the solution being a new battery in
the head unit rather than the sending unit. Sometimes, you'll see the
wrench on and it stays on, meaning needing new battery and sometimes not,
but new battery fixes it.

Old May 29th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Chris" wrote in message
. ..
Even thogh the HRM works, I have found the solution being a new battery in
the head unit rather than the sending unit. Sometimes, you'll see the
wrench on and it stays on, meaning needing new battery and sometimes not,
but new battery fixes it.

I will def. try that before sending it out. But I tried 2 other 2032
batteries and they did not help. They were not new, so I am having
reservations of their efficacy. I have read that these units eat up
batteries sometimes, so hopefully that a new one will do the trick.

Old May 29th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"C A III A" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
. ..
Even thogh the HRM works, I have found the solution being a new battery
in the head unit rather than the sending unit. Sometimes, you'll see the
wrench on and it stays on, meaning needing new battery and sometimes not,
but new battery fixes it.

I will def. try that before sending it out. But I tried 2 other 2032
batteries and they did not help. They were not new, so I am having
reservations of their efficacy. I have read that these units eat up
batteries sometimes, so hopefully that a new one will do the trick.

I had the same exact problem. Tried new batteries and it worked for a bit.
Tried moving positions of the cadence and speed units and it worked
sometimes. I finally sent it back. They sent me a new one which I was
reluctant to use expecting the same behavior. After about a year I put the
new unit on a bike and it has been flawless.