Seatpost suffering a minor setback

Old December 12th 05, 08:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Seatpost suffering a minor setback

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:48:57 -0800, jim beam skrev:

what was your original post? easton carbon posts have generous setback
and have been very reliable for me. i'm no lightweight.

My present seatpost seem is a Max's system/Summit (can't find that on the
web) has a 2.5 cm setback - according to Phil's definition - and I want at
least another cm.
Easton EC 70 does seem to have that extra.

Thanks for the tip

Ivar
--
Sendt med Operas banebrydende nyhedsgruppe-
og e-postklient: http://www.opera.com/m2/

Old December 12th 05, 08:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

11 Dec 2005 17:56:52 -0800, Ron Ruff skrev:

If you are currently sliding rearward on the seat (and the seat is
level), then moving it forward should help. The reason why you are
sliding rearward is because your weight is well behind the pedals, and
your power stroke is pushing you that way. If you could get more on top
of the pedals this effect would be less.

I'm not a natural born grimpeur, so I must learn to climb as long as I
live. But if Ron is right in assuming that it would solve my problem to
move the saddle FORWARD, I will be surprised - or rather: flappergasted.

I will have to try to "get on top of the pedals" as soon as the weather
suits my racer.

Nevertheless I still want a seatpost with more setback. I sit on a Brooks
Swift, which is known to have short rails - i.e. limited adjustment option.

My present seatpost(Max's system/Summit ??)has a 2.5 cm setback -
according to Phil's definition - and I want at least another cm.

Thanks to all for suggestions
Right now the choice stands between a Easton EC70 and a FSA K-Force
Ivar

Thanks to all for suggestions. I am

Old December 12th 05, 10:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Per Ivar Hesselager:
Right now the choice stands between a Easton EC70 and a FSA K-Force

Also there is at least one device that sits between the seatpost and the saddle,
allowing extra fore-aft adjustment.

Maybe somebody else will come up with a link.
--
PeteCresswell