Street Discussion Thread.

Old December 15th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ludwig F

Default Street Discussion Thread.

unicycledood;1150359 wrote:
No camera.

oh you said it once that i has been stolen or so

--
Ludwig F

'
)-540unispin-'O,'
(http://www.vimeo.com/2123853)

'latest video' (http://www.vimeo.com/2388392)

'Team Crankbreakers'
(http://www.vimeo.com/user858503)
Old December 16th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
padst3r

Chris you could have done it ages ago you just got lazy and made other
videos instead

--
padst3r

'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/padst3r)
Proud member of the Team Nelson Unicyclists
*)---', 6ft Static Gap
Old December 16th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
petad

'Old School' (http://tinyurl.com/6kolae) (except for the "no footer
rev", it's a joke, it's a crankflip.)

'New School' (http://tinyurl.com/6dm796)

--
petad

')--360unispin-O
2nd'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSqkj_5d6Y)
')-Crankflip-'O,
5th'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gNVgwwHR9M)
Old December 16th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnicycleJuggler

I have been trying to figure out a way of making my uni for street
specific rather than very similar to trials. The most obvious change
would be with the tyre, but what do other people do?

I would like to suggest trying to get a smooth tyre into production. I
know that quite a few people shave their tyres to get this kind of
feel.

Do you think we could get a smooth street specific tyre into production
if enough people showed interest in it?

I was thinking something along the lines of a BMX tread pattern but on
a 19" x 2.5" tyre.

This type of thing:

[image:
http://www.global-flat.com/upload/pa...ll%5B1%5D.jpg]
Primo Wall.

--
UnicycleJuggler

'*Unicycle
Vids On
Vimeo*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/groups/uni)
Old December 16th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

padst3r;1150649 wrote:
Chris you could have done it ages ago you just got lazy and made other
videos instead

Aww shush, I would have done it eventually. I've always been exited
about how it could be.

--
unicycledood

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
haha, so young, yet so angry, damn that rap music.

Old December 21st 08, 07:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

Do you guys think it would be easier to learn to crankflip on a 12 or 16
inch wheel?

Cause it's significantly easier to learn triples, quads, and double
variants on them (maybe doubles too).

So I'm not sure whether or not it would be good advice to tell people
to try crankflipping a 12 or 16 inch first...

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism and Spencer.

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

Inventor of the Slapflip.

BillyTheMountain for President 2012
Old December 21st 08, 07:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ludwig F

peleschramm;1154199 wrote:
Do you guys think it would be easier to learn to crankflip on a 12 or 16
inch wheel?

Cause it's significantly easier to learn triples, quads, and double
variants on them (maybe doubles too).

So I'm not sure whether or not it would be good advice to tell people
to try crankflipping a 12 or 16 inch first...

yes a friend tryed crankflips yesterday. they weren't really good but
then he tried them on a 16 inch and they were pretty good

--
Ludwig F

'

Old December 21st 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnicycleJuggler

Ludwig F;1154202 wrote:
yes a friend tryed crankflips yesterday. they weren't really good but
then he tried them on a 16 inch and they were pretty good

Could he then do them on a 19/20"? I think the important thing is not
whether they can learn them on the smaller wheel, but whether they can
then transfer that skill onto their normal unicycle. It's no good
learning them on a different unicycle and then not being able to do it
on your own.

Old December 21st 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Emile.m

peleschramm;1154199 wrote:
Do you guys think it would be easier to learn to crankflip on a 12 or 16
inch wheel?

Cause it's significantly easier to learn triples, quads, and double
variants on them (maybe doubles too).

So I'm not sure whether or not it would be good advice to tell people
to try crankflipping a 12 or 16 inch first...

I don't think so, because it will be harder on the 20". It's like the 2
handed flips, nobody should learn them.

--
Emile.m

Team UDC Canada
visit www.municycle.ca

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y (hum, 07/08 winter footage
only)
Old December 21st 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unreal-Wheel

Emile.m;1154398 wrote:
I don't think so, because it will be harder on the 20". It's like the 2
handed flips, nobody should learn them.

I started with two handed and it helped me...

--
Unreal-Wheel

')-Crankflip-'O,
3rd