selle italia flite gel flow saddle opinions?

Old November 2nd 04, 05:24 AM
Yuri Budilov

Default selle italia flite gel flow saddle opinions?

Hello everyone

I am looking to buy a (2004) Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow saddle (with centre
cut-out) on Titanium rail for my road bicycle (*not* the Max Flite nor the
Trans Am versions, just the regular Flite)

I am looking for opinions from current and/or past owners of Flite Gel Flow
saddles, please. The www.roadbikereview.com has 5 reviews on it and they are
all good, it seems. Anyone else?

Also, how many years or miles of road riding would such a saddle last me as
a minimum (my bike is kept indoors when not riding)?

Thank you

Old November 2nd 04, 10:25 PM
Bill

"Yuri Budilov" wrote in message
Hello everyone

I am looking to buy a (2004) Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow saddle (with

centre
cut-out) on Titanium rail for my road bicycle (*not* the Max Flite nor the
Trans Am versions, just the regular Flite)

I am looking for opinions from current and/or past owners of Flite Gel

Flow
saddles, please. The www.roadbikereview.com has 5 reviews on it and they

are
all good, it seems. Anyone else?

Also, how many years or miles of road riding would such a saddle last me

as
a minimum (my bike is kept indoors when not riding)?

Thank you

I put about 5000 miles on one this year. It's a saddle. It replaced a very
worn Novus. I'd say comfort is similar. Which means it fits my butt. YMMV.
No visible wear. If it is like my old Flite Ti or the Novus it should be
good for 20,000 miles or so before you wear through the leather. Then it's
just a matter of esthetics. I put the worn through the leather Novus on my
old mtn bike and I suspect it will last a few more years or occasional use.
Bill Brannon