Unicycle is a photo contest winner!

Old January 17th 05, 11:49 PM
MUniMac

Default Unicycle is a photo contest winner!

Today I received notification that a 'unicycling photo'
(http://tinyurl.com/6eade) I had entered has appeared on the "December
2004 Honor Roll" of the "ACD Systems Digital Imaging Blast Photo
Contest".

I also won myself a copy of the "ACDSee 7.0 PowerPack" digital imaging
software - a $79.99 USD value. So, I'm pretty happy

Here is the image:

--
MUniMac - MUni Raider
MUniMac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8277

Old January 17th 05, 11:50 PM
MUniMac

Old January 18th 05, 12:11 AM
kristine

awesome
congrats

--
kristine

I love you like I love my unicycle- mount and ride!
kristine's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7498

Old January 18th 05, 12:54 AM
johnfoss

Cool! Tell us more about the picture. Who? Where? etc.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old January 18th 05, 01:23 AM
tennisgh22

can u size that pic up a bit?

congrats!

-grant

--
tennisgh22 - Haha you fool

The word gullible is written above my avatar!
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

Old January 18th 05, 08:00 AM
GizmoDuck

Hey that's a very arty pic. Congratulations!

Ken

p/s how did you get your avatar so big? Did you bribe Gilby or
something?

--
GizmoDuck - NZUNI

o-kO
'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/)

Old January 18th 05, 02:45 PM
MUniMac

Ken, No, my larger avatar isn't the result of a bribe (I wouldn't deal
like that anyway)... I just gave the larger image a try last night, and
it worked; I really don't know how or why!

But I'm glad it did

Old January 18th 05, 05:22 PM
unicycle6869

Could you describe how this was taken cause I'm havin a hard time tryin
to figure it out. It looks like a big hill in the background, making it
look like the shadow is like 100 feet tall, so is the shadow that tall
or is it just a small rock formation that looks like a big hill?

--
unicycle6869 - Level 9 Rider

Jamey (formerly known as tuna6869)

SMILE-It makes people wonder what you're up too!

Party Hardy, Rock 'n Roll
Drink a keg, Smoke a bowl
To all you preps who think you're cool
Think again cause stoner's rule!!
unicycle6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8990

Old January 18th 05, 05:31 PM
MUniMac

Hi Jamey, Good question/observation!!!

The "mound" in the background is just that: a mound about 10' tall. The
unicyclist was riding on another "ridge" about 15' away. It was around
5:30pm on Oct 6, '04, so the sun was at a pretty low angle. Here is a
view of the actual rider as we were setting up for the shadow-shot:

| Attachment filename: p1000489-sm.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/268490|