Speedplay X-3

Old August 3rd 03, 07:30 PM
Richard Poole

Default Speedplay X-3

Have any of you had reliability problems with you speedplay pedals?

--
Warm regards,
Rick Poole

Old August 4th 03, 12:00 PM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 14:30:15 -0400, "Richard Poole"
wrote:

Have any of you had reliability problems with you speedplay pedals?

No. The shop I work at has sold many sets of X pedals over th last 1
1/2 years, with no complaints. I own a set and love them.

What kind of problem are you having?

Barry

Old August 5th 03, 08:18 PM
John

"Richard Poole" wrote in message
Have any of you had reliability problems with you speedplay pedals?

--
Warm regards,
Rick Poole
(864) 268-4145

I've been using X1's and X3's on two road bikes and a tandem for three years
and have no complaints whatsoever. I have Frogs on the stoker pedals for my
wife and like them all. The road bikes have been thru 3 winters in the
Northwest, rain and all, and are still fine. Good luck.

John

Old August 8th 03, 12:55 AM

Richard Poole wrote:
Have any of you had reliability problems with you speedplay pedals?

The X-3's lack ball bearings and uses a single bushing instead. Mine
started to develop play due to wear in the bushings after 1000 miles.
They are pretty cheaply built for a 100 dollar pedal.

The X-2's have full ball bearings and a nice stainless steel spindle.
They are just as good as the X-1's but without the Titainium. Although
they cost more than the X-3's they will last much longer.

---

Old August 9th 03, 10:34 PM
Rick Onanian

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 20:38:58 GMT, Boyd Speerschneider
wrote:
I thought the X-1s had ball bearings but the X-2s and X3s had needle
bearings.
To be honest I'm not sure what the difference is.

I just did a google images search on needle bearing,
and now I know:
http://www.angelfire.com/oh/theboatg.../293350017.jpg

Instead of balls, it's got little cylinders that roll.

- Boyd S.

--
Rick Onanian
Old August 10th 03, 02:09 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

boyd- I thought the X-1s had ball bearings but the X-2s and X3s had needle
bearings.
To be honest I'm not sure what the difference is. BRBR

X-1, X-2, and Zero have two teeny cart bearings on the outboard and a set of
needle bearings on the inboard. The teeny cart bearings are replaceable, the
needle bearings are permanently attached to the 'puck'..X-3 have bushings all
around.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Look vs SPD vs Speedplay pedals Steve Wingate Racing 8 April 7th 04 03:27 AM
Speedplay pedals and tech support - positive feedback post Callas General 2 September 26th 03 06:09 PM
Speedplay or Shimano toby General 15 September 6th 03 04:28 PM
My thoughts on Speedplay pedals Bob M General 10 August 29th 03 10:11 PM