Driver uses her car as a weapon, Deptford

Old March 7th 07, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

Default Driver uses her car as a weapon, Deptford

On 7 Mar 2007 03:38:13 -0800, "spindrift"
wrote:

From C+

Riding home last night at 6.30 thru Deptford along Evelyn St,

[Snip]

Scary stuff. I expect to be cycling about 40 children to their
swimming lessons in Deptford Church Street every week next school
year.

I hope she's removed from the road when the Tour de France passes
along Evelyn Street.
Old March 7th 07, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adrian Boliston

"spindrift" wrote in message
oups.com...

Riding home last night at 6.30 thru Deptford along Evelyn St, a 4x4
(Nissan Patrol?....privacy glass windows) pulled from McMillan St into
the road in front of me to join the traffic but stopped halfway out as
there was no gap to join. This made me swerve, but no big deal; I went
round the back and carried on. As I have to get over to the right to
get into the filter lane into Deptford Church St fairly sharpish from
here; I signalled right and moved over behind the car infront, but I
could here a FRANTIC revving from behind.....

This sort of thing sounds nasty but fortunately is quite rare. I'm usually
pretty assertive on the bike, but when confronted with an idiot like this I
would try and put as much distance between myself and them, even if it meant
switching routes. Actually trying to *confront* someone is just not worth
it (been there done that etc). Just this morning I had a van cut me up as I
turned left and a few years ago I would have yelled at the driver, but I
could see it coming so adjusted my speed to avoid any danger. I yell
occasionaly but only to avoid immediate danger like someone who pulled
straight into my path a few weeks ago. I'd always put survival above
"making a point" and am thankful that these incidents are not too common.

cheers adrian www.boliston.co.uk

Old March 7th 07, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Buck

On 2007-03-07 12:56:04 +0000, "spindrift" spewed:

On 7 Mar, 12:39, Matt B wrote:
spindrift wrote:

Riding home last night at 6.30 thru Deptford...

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I took my phone out and got a photo of the
registration plate...

Post the photo somewhere - someone here may recognise something, or spot
clues.

Kind of the driver to volunteer a DNA sample...

Did the driver spit too? Have the police accepted the "deposit" as
evidence?

--
Matt B

"Sorry to hear of your misfortune. "

Ah, bless! I've just received a blah blah

Isn't it time you re-entered society and left the asylum behind?

--
Three wheels good, two wheels ok

www.catrike.co.uk

Old March 8th 07, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On 2007-03-07 12:56:04 +0000, "spindrift" spewed:

On 7 Mar, 12:39, Matt B wrote:
spindrift wrote:

Riding home last night at 6.30 thru Deptford...

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I took my phone out and got a photo of the
registration plate...

Post the photo somewhere - someone here may recognise something, or spot
clues.

Kind of the driver to volunteer a DNA sample...

Did the driver spit too? Have the police accepted the "deposit" as
evidence?

--
Matt B

"Sorry to hear of your misfortune. "

Ah, bless! I've just received a blah blah

Isn't it time you re-entered society and left the asylum behind?

--
Three wheels good, two wheels ok

www.catrike.co.uk- Hide quoted text -

I don't see the point in responding civilly to somebody who is too
lazy or stupid to read threads properly.

Old March 8th 07, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Buck

On 2007-03-07 12:56:04 +0000, "spindrift" spewed:

On 7 Mar, 12:39, Matt B wrote:
spindrift wrote:

Riding home last night at 6.30 thru Deptford...

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I took my phone out and got a photo of the
registration plate...

Post the photo somewhere - someone here may recognise something, or spot
clues.

Kind of the driver to volunteer a DNA sample...

Did the driver spit too? Have the police accepted the "deposit" as
evidence?

--
Matt B

"Sorry to hear of your misfortune. "

Ah, bless! I've just received a blah blah

Isn't it time you re-entered society and left the asylum behind?

--
Three wheels good, two wheels ok

www.catrike.co.uk- Hide quoted text -

I don't see the point in responding civilly to somebody who is too
lazy or stupid to read threads properly.

You let yourself down, no one else.

Old March 8th 07, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On 2007-03-07 12:56:04 +0000, "spindrift" spewed:

On 7 Mar, 12:39, Matt B wrote:
spindrift wrote:

[...]

The solution:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetai...erid=Frogo og

The idiot Cambridge bus driver was the lead feature on Look East the
other night. The more cyclists who use helmet cams the more the utter
lawlessness of many drivers' behaviour on the roads will be revealed.

Aggression seems to be rising, more and more among women drivers too
I've noticed.

Old March 8th 07, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Buck

On 2007-03-07 12:56:04 +0000, "spindrift" spewed:

On 7 Mar, 12:39, Matt B wrote:
spindrift wrote:

[...]

Getting back on topic, the 4x4 driver should be charged with attempted murder
but will just get a warning, assault is hardly enough.

It was a Toyota RAV 4 according to the RAC reg search by the way.

Maybe cameras would help, or maybe the driver would be more inclined
to run you down then take the camera.

Old March 8th 07, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On 2007-03-07 12:56:04 +0000, "spindrift" spewed:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetai...27852&referid=...

The idiot Cambridge bus driver was the lead feature on Look East the
other night. The more cyclists who use helmet cams the more the utter
lawlessness of many drivers' behaviour on the roads will be revealed.

Aggression seems to be rising, more and more among women drivers too
I've noticed.

Getting back on topic, the 4x4 driver should be charged with attempted murder
but will just get a warning, assault is hardly enough.

It was a Toyota RAV 4 according to the RAC reg search by the way.

Maybe cameras would help, or maybe the driver would be more inclined
to run you down then take the camera.
--
Three wheels good, two wheels ok

www.catrike.co.uk- Hide quoted text -

Helmet cams are tricky to remove, and bikes are faster than cars in
urban getaways if the driver's violence escalates. The best footage
I've seen so far (and more and more footage from cyclists is appearing
on YOutube) is a bus driving far too close to a bike. The cyclist
turns and taps the helmet cam, and the bus driver backs off
immediately.

Old March 8th 07, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Buck

On 2007-03-07 12:56:04 +0000, "spindrift" spewed:

I'm willing to get one and try it.

Old March 8th 07, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On 2007-03-07 12:56:04 +0000, "spindrift" spewed:

On 7 Mar, 12:39, Matt B wrote:
spindrift wrote:

[...]

Me too. Can't wait. This might be useful:

http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/t...OPIC_ID=118265

I've had a couple of incidents (not as serious as the OP) that I wish
I'd be able to film. There's a bendy bus driver who should be in
prison for his driving, instead I got the bog standard brush off from
the bus company.

Latham uses car as weapon TimC Australia 35 January 25th 06 12:11 PM
Assault with a deadly weapon - a car? dannyfrankszzz UK 26 September 25th 05 01:31 PM
Cyclists weapon Tony Raven UK 4 August 20th 05 01:20 PM
The handiman's secret weapon.... Portable Splat Graphics Mountain Biking 4 August 22nd 04 08:34 PM
Air Pump detected as a weapon???? Red Cloud General 25 May 26th 04 10:51 PM