I was laughing.

Old July 6th 09, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

Default I was laughing.

That was a turn up for the books.
I followed stage 3 through the
live reports. By the time they
outlined the changes in the GC
standings I was laughing out loud.
A fun race, indeed; even if it
does not ultimately affect the
final GC standings.

--
Michael Press
Old July 6th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 11:12:19 -0700, Michael Press
wrote:

That was a turn up for the books.
I followed stage 3 through the
live reports. By the time they
outlined the changes in the GC
standings I was laughing out loud.
A fun race, indeed; even if it
does not ultimately affect the
final GC standings.

I'm still holding out for my prediction. TTT puts Astana well up the
road on the other contenders, everyone watches Contador and Armstrong,
including each other, but no one can do anything about it, and one day
Levi goes up the road like a set up man and never comes back.

1. Levi 2. Alberto 3. Lance

You heard it here first. Actually, you will probably hear it only
here, period... Not to set off the here, here or hear, hear
controversy.

Predictions? They're there for their own reasons. Someone else will
have to play with pedals and peddles.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old July 6th 09, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG[_2_]

On Jul 6, 11:12*am, Michael Press wrote:
That was a turn up for the books.
I followed stage 3 through the
live reports. By the time they
outlined the changes in the GC
standings I was laughing out loud.
A fun race, indeed; even if it
does not ultimately affect the
final GC standings.

Dumbass -

I love it when a team sticks it to everyone else in the crosswind.
Doesn't happen often in the TdF, although it does in the Vuelta.

Nice job Columbia. Can hardly wait to see the TV feed tonite.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old July 6th 09, 11:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

On Jul 6, 3:37*pm, KG wrote:
On Jul 6, 11:12*am, Michael Press wrote:

That was a turn up for the books.
I followed stage 3 through the
live reports. By the time they
outlined the changes in the GC
standings I was laughing out loud.
A fun race, indeed; even if it
does not ultimately affect the
final GC standings.

Dumbass -

I love it when a team sticks it to everyone else in the crosswind.
Doesn't happen often in the TdF, although it does in the Vuelta.

Nice job Columbia. Can hardly wait to see the TV feed tonite.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Astana should not have worked with Columbia when the split happened
(with Contador behind). the fact that they did shows you where
bruyneel's loyalties lie ... contador is on his own ...

Old July 6th 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"bar" wrote in message

Astana should not have worked with Columbia when the split happened
(with Contador behind). the fact that they did shows you where
bruyneel's loyalties lie ... contador is on his own ...

I suppose that's why you aren't a Director Sportif.

Old July 6th 09, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 12:37:18 -0700 (PDT), KG
wrote:

On Jul 6, 11:12*am, Michael Press wrote:
That was a turn up for the books.
I followed stage 3 through the
live reports. By the time they
outlined the changes in the GC
standings I was laughing out loud.
A fun race, indeed; even if it
does not ultimately affect the
final GC standings.

Dumbass -

I love it when a team sticks it to everyone else in the crosswind.
Doesn't happen often in the TdF, although it does in the Vuelta.

Nice job Columbia. Can hardly wait to see the TV feed tonite.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Columbia or LANCE but they showed how it's
done. So many teams screwed up. Esp Quickstep and Silence: WTF,
getting caught up in crosswinds? C'mon.

Skil-Shimano is hardcore for a little team - they had four guys in
that split.
Old July 7th 09, 12:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT wrote:
Skil-Shimano is hardcore for a little team - they had four guys in
that split.

Yeah. Five, though, and six after the early break with De Kort was absorbed.
Old July 7th 09, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:23:44 -0700 (PDT), bar
wrote:

Astana should not have worked with Columbia when the split happened
(with Contador behind). the fact that they did shows you where
bruyneel's loyalties lie ... contador is on his own ...

You never know.

I assume that JB knows a lot more about the relative strength of LA
and AC than anyone outside the team. Perhaps he knows that Contador
will have no trouble taking the time back in the mountains and was
only looking to help Lance finish higher up and perhaps have two
Astana riders on the podium.

Perhaps JB knows that Lance is the strongest and the decision to help
Lance at Contador's expense was a no brainer. I think that by Sunday
night things will be clearer.
Old July 7th 09, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

wrote:

Astana should not have worked with Columbia when the split happened
(with Contador behind). the fact that they did shows you where
bruyneel's loyalties lie ... contador is on his own ...

You never know.

I assume that JB knows a lot more about the relative strength of LA
and AC than anyone outside the team. Perhaps he knows that Contador
will have no trouble taking the time back in the mountains and was
only looking to help Lance finish higher up and perhaps have two
Astana riders on the podium.

Perhaps JB knows that Lance is the strongest and the decision to help
Lance at Contador's expense was a no brainer. I think that by Sunday
night things will be clearer.

Jack, come on - what Astana needs is someone other than Contador to be the
target. Armstrong is what? 37? There's absolutely no way he can win the Tour
unless it's given to him on a platter.

So you put the focus on Lance until the stages in which Contador kills the
rest of the competition. With luck Lance can finish in the top 10. But
there's little chance that Lance could finish in front of Levi unless Levi
has some sort of trouble.

Old July 7th 09, 03:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 19:02:51 -0700, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com
wrote:

Perhaps JB knows that Lance is the strongest and the decision to help
Lance at Contador's expense was a no brainer. I think that by Sunday
night things will be clearer.

Jack, come on - what Astana needs is someone other than Contador to be the
target. Armstrong is what? 37? There's absolutely no way he can win the Tour
unless it's given to him on a platter.

I also am skeptical that Armstrong can win the Tour. At his age, I
can't see him doing well in the last week even if he does remain in
contention to that point.

Nevertheless, there's a chance that he will be in yellow again
tomorrow night. If Astana delivers for him tomorrow and he's able to
keep the yellow for a couple of days, it will build a lot of interest
in the race around the world. You couldn't have written a better
script. Of course, this depends on Lance getting the yellow jersey
tomorrow.

If Lance does win the Tour, it will be an epic achievement. It will
go down in history as one of the greatest achievements by any athlete
in any sport.