cycling in NYC

Old March 19th 16, 04:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default cycling in NYC

Today's ride

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2569994

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 19th 16, 04:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 12:40:01 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
Today's ride

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2569994

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

whatshisname uh SM...SMS computer writer.

online running cycle accident tally NYC CHICAGO MIAMI LA County FL CA ILL
text and maplike USGS EARTHQUAKES http://goo.gl/WFKJQk

SELL adverts to Bell, Blue Cross, Woodlawn, LAPD.......
Old March 20th 16, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 11:40:01 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Today's ride

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2569994

Interesting. From the article:
"The stabbing comes amid a citywide spike in blade attacks.

As of March 13, police have investigated 809 stabbings citywide this
year, compared to 673 investigations by the same point last year a 20%
jump."

Gee and they told us that as soon as they got the guns registered
there would be "peace for our times".
--
cheers,

John B.

Old March 21st 16, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 3/20/2016 7:43 PM, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 11:40:01 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Today's ride

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2569994

Interesting. From the article:
"The stabbing comes amid a citywide spike in blade attacks.

As of March 13, police have investigated 809 stabbings citywide this
year, compared to 673 investigations by the same point last year a 20%
jump."

Gee and they told us that as soon as they got the guns registered
there would be "peace for our times".

"The low-lifes, you will always have with you." Isn't that in the bible
or something?

But given the choice, if they're going to attack me, I'd much rather
have them armed with a knife than with a gun.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 22nd 16, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 21:38:39 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 3/20/2016 7:43 PM, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 11:40:01 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Today's ride

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2569994

Interesting. From the article:
"The stabbing comes amid a citywide spike in blade attacks.

As of March 13, police have investigated 809 stabbings citywide this
year, compared to 673 investigations by the same point last year a 20%
jump."

Gee and they told us that as soon as they got the guns registered
there would be "peace for our times".

"The low-lifes, you will always have with you." Isn't that in the bible
or something?

But given the choice, if they're going to attack me, I'd much rather
have them armed with a knife than with a gun.

I believe that the actual quote is "For ye have the poor with you
always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not
always."

( as y'all seem to have a plurality of "Good Books" I have selected
the first translated into English for my reference)

But for you to equate "poor" with "low life" is, I suspect, in your
country, an extreme violation of Political Correctness".

Over here, of course, "poor" is usually equated with "lazy", but
whether the people here are more clear sighted, or not, is another
question.

Certainly it is, a good deed for a Buddhist to give charity to others
but on the other hand I see a considerable amount of scorn exhibited
toward those that don't work.

But my remarks were aimed toward the anti-gunners, who seem to resent
reality, and seem to equate guns with crimes and imply that as soon as
we can get rid of the guns crime will go away :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old March 22nd 16, 02:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 3/21/2016 8:02 PM, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 21:38:39 -0400, Frank Krygowski wrote:

"The low-lifes, you will always have with you." Isn't that in the bible
or something?

But given the choice, if they're going to attack me, I'd much rather
have them armed with a knife than with a gun.

I believe that the actual quote is "For ye have the poor with you
always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not
always."

( as y'all seem to have a plurality of "Good Books" I have selected
the first translated into English for my reference)

But for you to equate "poor" with "low life" is, I suspect, in your
country, an extreme violation of Political Correctness".

I know the quote. My post was a quip. And a little political
incorrectness doesn't bother me.

But my remarks were aimed toward the anti-gunners, who seem to resent
reality, and seem to equate guns with crimes and imply that as soon as
we can get rid of the guns crime will go away :-)

I don't think anyone believes that getting rid of guns (or more
accurately, putting greater restrictions on guns) will make crime go
away. Those low-lifes will always be with us.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 22nd 16, 03:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately that is also the least accurate translation into English.

Old March 23rd 16, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

Given that the Christian Bible has been translated and re-translated
innumerable times since the various books were originally written I
suspect that the term accuracy is somewhat suspect. After all, Y'all
can't even agree on the wording of the most basic law, the 10
Commandments.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old March 23rd 16, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 22:28:32 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

[...]

Of course they will, but if you say so then people start waving their
finger at you. I am beginning to believe that some people don't
believe in calling a spade a spade :-)
(But I suppose that is also politically incorrect :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old March 23rd 16, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 07:08:44 +0000, Phil W Lee
wrote:

John B. considered Mon, 21 Mar 2016 06:43:59
+0700 the perfect time to write:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 11:40:01 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Today's ride

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2569994

Interesting. From the article:
"The stabbing comes amid a citywide spike in blade attacks.

As of March 13, police have investigated 809 stabbings citywide this
year, compared to 673 investigations by the same point last year a 20%
jump."

Gee and they told us that as soon as they got the guns registered
there would be "peace for our times".

I doubt if we get that many nationwide in a WHOLE year, never mind
less than a quarter of one.

If I remember correctly the U.K. (which I suspect is England, Scotland
and Wales) had something like 600 deliberate murders in the entire
country.

The U.S. can beat those numbers without even getting out of bed in the
morning :-)
--
cheers,

John B.