Ryobi tools batteries

Old December 8th 17, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default Ryobi tools batteries

JQ wrote:

I was a contractor and used Ryobi for many
years, they are a good tool and priced right.
You can buy two Ryobi for the price of one
the others and they for the most part would
last just as long. Now with the batteries,
get the largest amp size battery available!

My thoughts as well...

remember none of these or other contractor
tools are water proof either.

OK!

I've used mine in the rain but working in the
rain is not too smart or ideal and can be
dangerous. Good luck on your project!

Thanks mate

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old December 8th 17, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 12/7/2017 7:01 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Joerg wrote:

Sure. Here they mostly only sell two sizes.
The larger one is pricey so I settle for the
smaller Ryobi Li-Ion and just switch out.
Charging is fast, around 1.5-2h. I guess if
you are a contractor or you are building
a complete new house you'd go for the
biggest version.

Ryobi doesn't seem to have an 18V heat gun tho.
I wonder if that would consume too much energy
for the same battery system or if they just
don't have it. As you say charging is fast and
changing batteries even faster...

The Ryobi heat gun is 2000W or about 112 amps(!) at 18v.
That's why they are offered as 110/230v.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old December 8th 17, 02:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

AMuzi wrote:

The Ryobi heat gun is 2000W or about 112
amps(!) at 18v. That's why they are offered
as 110/230v.

Right, the corded I have (not Ryobi) is 220V.

Old December 8th 17, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Emanuel Berg wrote:
:Speaking of the Ryobi cordless power tool
:chain, I see there are no less then five
:different batteries! All are 18V Lithium but
:the Ah's are 1.3, 1.5, 2.5, 4.0 and 5.0.
:What does that mean? Do you get more power for
:a single drill or cut or whatever or can you
:just do the same thing more times
:before recharge?

Longer run time is the big advantage, but you might get more power
depending on the tool.

18V lithium ion batteries consist of 5 cells in series, to make the the
18V. Bigger batteries (the 4 and 5 AH ones, probably; I don't know
ryobi's line well) have two sets of five cells in parallel (5s2p is the
common notation). If the design supports it (again, I don't know ryobi),
you can draw twice as much current, which lets you have more powerful
tools. I have milwaukee cordless tools. I have a couple 12V tools (a saw
and a oscillating tool) that are pretty much useless when run from a
single row battery, but are quite usable with the 3s2p ones. Most of my
tools are less noticiably more powerful, though.

--
sig 71
Old December 8th 17, 03:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

: Joerg wrote:
:
: Sure. Here they mostly only sell two sizes.
: The larger one is pricey so I settle for the
: smaller Ryobi Li-Ion and just switch out.
: Charging is fast, around 1.5-2h. I guess if
: you are a contractor or you are building
: a complete new house you'd go for the
: biggest version.
:
: Ryobi doesn't seem to have an 18V heat gun tho.
: I wonder if that would consume too much energy
: for the same battery system or if they just
: don't have it. As you say charging is fast and
: changing batteries even faster...
:

:The Ryobi heat gun is 2000W or about 112 amps(!) at 18v.
:That's why they are offered as 110/230v.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-...rdless/2688-21

They exist.

--
sig 50
Old December 8th 17, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

David Scheidt wrote:

18V lithium ion batteries consist of 5 cells
in series, to make the the 18V.
Bigger batteries (the 4 and 5 AH ones,
probably; I don't know ryobi's line well)
have two sets of five cells in parallel (5s2p
is the common notation). If the design
supports it (again, I don't know ryobi), you
can draw twice as much current, which lets
you have more powerful tools.

At the back side of the 2.5 Ah battery, it says:

Ryobi

18.0V

-----
- - - [the/a symbol indicating DC]

45Wh (2.5Ah)

5ICR19/66 [???]

RB18L25(130429057) [1st - Ryobi 18V Lithium 2.5Ah,
2nd - random product/version number?)

Old December 8th 17, 04:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

David Scheidt wrote:

18V lithium ion batteries consist of 5 cells in
series, to make the the 18V. Bigger batteries
(the 4 and 5 AH ones, probably; I don't know
ryobi's line well) have two sets of five cells
in parallel (5s2p is the common notation).
If the design supports it (again, I don't know
ryobi), you can draw twice as much current,
which lets you have more powerful tools.

Page 4 in the charger's manual (BCL14181H),

Ah "No. of Cell for Battery"
--------------------------------
1.3 5
1.4 "
1.5 "
2.0 "
2.4 10
-- 2.5 5
2.6 10
4.0 "
5.0 "

Old December 8th 17, 05:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

CORDLESS is widespread among Coach n RV people

My truck tires come off with cordless lug turners. and 3 deep charge batts on the rear axle.

I do not question the manufacturer's specs. The deal is finding combo....showing up at Amazon AFTER I bought the best cheap package.

amazing use age no extension after 10 years beginning with a slim Port Cable drill continues to grin.

Old December 8th 17, 05:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 22:38:41 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

Speaking of the Ryobi cordless power tool
chain, I see there are no less then five
different batteries! All are 18V Lithium but
the Ah's are 1.3, 1.5, 2.5, 4.0 and 5.0.
What does that mean? Do you get more power for
a single drill or cut or whatever or can you
just do the same thing more times
before recharge?

The capacity is shown in Amp Hours so you can do the same thing more
times with the larger battery :-)

But of course the larger battery is heavier so if you are working at
arm's length perhaps you want the smaller one.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old December 8th 17, 05:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 22:59:02 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

Another question, in the manual it says "for
indoor use". What does that mean? The tool
can't take rain? Or cold? Or damp?

I'm planning to lay a tin roof above part of
the area so one can be inside and outside at
the same time. Surely the tools won't break
from use under such a roof?

I don't believe I have ever owned a tool marked "outside" and unless
you plan on working in a cloud burst, which few people do, I can't see
any reason for owning one.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Charger for batteries Simon Lewis Techniques 22 June 27th 09 10:34 AM
VAT free batteries. Simon Mason UK 25 November 17th 08 11:46 AM
Polar HRM batteries. neon Australia 9 January 24th 07 07:29 AM
SLA Batteries Peter UK 5 February 3rd 06 08:35 PM
Cateye SLA batteries Peter B UK 4 October 31st 03 01:32 PM