Will you still be riding when you're......

Old January 12th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

Default Will you still be riding when you're......

I think by the time I'm 30 I'll be so injured that I will be unable to
ride street as good as I can now. I'll still ride though for sure (as
long as I can).

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism and Spencer.

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

Inventor of the Slapflip.

BillyTheMountain for President 2012
Old January 12th 09, 05:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
blueharmony

I've been concerned about this issue for a while now but maybe I
shouldn't worry so much. At 49 I can still fall off quite a few things
and get right back up again, but I don't know how long that will last.
In my case it's a combination of childlike exuberance, competitiveness,
conditioning, willingness to look stupid and still thinking I'm younger
than I am. Hopefully FOREVER!

--
blueharmony

_________
- Kenny
-unicycle for yourself-
Old January 12th 09, 05:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

blueharmony;1169186 wrote:
I've been concerned about this issue for a while now but maybe I
shouldn't worry so much. At 49 I can still fall off quite a few things
and get right back up again, but I don't know how long that will last.
In my case it's a combination of childlike exuberance, competitiveness,
conditioning, willingness to look stupid and still thinking I'm younger
than I am. Hopefully FOREVER!

Haha a lot of that pretty much describes me as well!

Oh, and I think there's a typo above your avatar; you have:
"Bruised *by* not detered!" I guessing you meant "Bruised* but* not
detered!"

--
MuniAddict

'Terry's \\\"MUni Minute\\\" '
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RglYUOOBap4&fmt=22)'in HD'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RglYUOOBap4&fmt=22)
::'-Speedpass- in HD'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW7dM-v3dOs&fmt=22)

'UniGeezer.com ' (http://unigeezer.com)
::
Old January 12th 09, 12:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

I'll be riding for as long as i live.

Although I'm sure my skill level will reach its peek in my early 20's.

--
unicycledood

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
haha, so young, yet so angry, damn that rap music.

Old January 12th 09, 01:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ludwig F

i also want to ride as long as i can but i think sometime my knees won`t
let me ride anymore

--
Ludwig F

'
)-540unispin-'O,'
(http://www.vimeo.com/2123853)

'latest video' (http://www.vimeo.com/2388392)

'Team Crankbreakers'
(http://www.vimeo.com/user858503)
Old January 12th 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cbs

So street and flat are the hardest on the body? Opps, thats where I was
planning on starting lol. Already old and injured, oh well, just not
ready to stop having fun yet. I also thought uni would be easier on
the knees then skating.

--
cbs
Old January 12th 09, 02:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ludwig F

cbs;1169282 wrote:
So street and flat are the hardest on the body? Opps, thats where I was
planning on starting lol. Already old and injured, oh well, just not
ready to stop having fun yet. I also thought uni would be easier on
the knees then skating.

yes that could be so but my knees have always hurted also befor
unicycling

--
Ludwig F

'

Old January 12th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

cbs;1169282 wrote:
So street and flat are the hardest on the body? Opps, thats where I was
planning on starting lol. Already old and injured, oh well, just not
ready to stop having fun yet. I also thought uni would be easier on
the knees then skating.

I think that technical MUni along with big drops are the hardest on the
body by far. By that I don't mean it's bad for your body, just that the
potential for greater injury is there. If you ride extreme forms of
unicycling, and take adequate precautions and know your limits, you are
less likely to suffer any major injuries or long lasting negative
effects. So even though the more extreme uni riding can be hard on the
body, it can also get you in top physical conditon and keep you that way
for the long term.

Old January 12th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cbs

darn, why do I only love sports where injury happens lol? My body is
already shot right now from injury. The bicycle sucks now with my bad
arm so uni it is!! I cant even shift the grip shifters. Today my dr.
said I could ride a bike finally and I couldnt shift. I think being
older, injuries recover slower. Thats why I probably wont get into
serious trials with large drops. The risk of breaking something is too
high and my bones stopped being rubber. I'd still rather take it slower
and be more cautious then quit and rot and die lol.

--
cbs
Old January 12th 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unigurd

i dunno how long i'll be riding. hopefully 80+ years more, , but i
don't know. If i keep unicycling till i die, i'll go to "The endless
trials and MUni courses" instead of heaven or hell

--
Unigurd

Climbing: riding on the tops vs riding on the brake hoods hizark21 Racing 20 July 29th 08 06:30 AM
riding sif robdizzle Unicycling 11 September 10th 07 02:27 AM
Riding Rigid, Riding One Gear GeeDubb Mountain Biking 11 December 20th 06 02:49 AM
Speed averages between trail riding and road riding Brian Walker General 5 September 21st 05 12:39 AM
There's no riding like snow riding... Jonesy Mountain Biking 5 January 3rd 04 04:26 AM