Riding After Broken Wrist

Old February 21st 08, 09:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Dave Larrington

Default Riding After Broken Wrist

In ,
Tom Sherman tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell us:
Pete Whelan wrote:
Bob C wrote:
Comments on Riding after broken wrist. Got tipped off on a pothole
yesterday, and face 6 weeks in plaster. Didn't take the advice
about not stopping the fall with hands - it all happened too
quickly! How soon did others get back on the bike?

Recumbent trike - (I use a Trice)

A Trice would be nice, but oh what a price!

I want a Trice Micro to keep my Dragonflyer company.

Alas, the "custom" models have been discontinued as ICE can barely meet the
demand for the Q & T.

One is glad one got one's XXL before this calamity, even if it has been off
sick for the last six months.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old February 22nd 08, 03:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Pete Whelan wrote:
Bob C wrote:
Comments on Riding after broken wrist. Got tipped off on a pothole
yesterday, and face 6 weeks in plaster. Didn't take the advice
about not stopping the fall with hands - it all happened too
quickly! How soon did others get back on the bike?
Recumbent trike - (I use a Trice)

A Trice would be nice, but oh what a price!

I want a Trice Micro to keep my Dragonflyer company.

Alas, the "custom" models have been discontinued as ICE can barely meet the
demand for the Q & T.

One is glad one got one's XXL before this calamity, even if it has been off
sick for the last six months.

Well, now is not a good time for us 'merkins in the Colonies to be
buying imported trikes due to the weak dollar.

Greenspeed trikes used to be a real bargain in the US when $1 AUS was
worth about $0.55 US, but are much less so now that the Australian
dollar has risen to over 90 US cents.

Old February 22nd 08, 11:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Chris Malcolm

In uk.rec.cycling Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:
Comments on Riding after broken wrist. Got tipped off on a pothole
yesterday, and face 6 weeks in plaster. Didn't take the advice about
not stopping the fall with hands - it all happened too quickly!

Hands are very useful for stopping other more important parts, such as
head, from hitting things! It's no so much avoiding stopping with
hands as avoiding stopping with hands on the end of straight rigidly
extended arms. Keep a bend in the elbow!

For best recovery I'd start moving the hand and fingers around as soon
as possible as much as possible, in order to preserve range of
movement and stop too much muscle atrophy while in cast. After that
build up strength slowly and cautiously by doing a lot of what doesn't
hurt or feel strained, and as little as possible of what does.

--
Chris Malcolm DoD #205
[

Old April 7th 08, 06:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech

On Feb 19, 8:03*pm, Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:
Comments on Riding after broken wrist. *Got tipped off on a pothole
yesterday, and face 6 weeks in plaster. *Didn't take the advice about
not stopping the fall with hands - it all happened too quickly! *How
soon did others get back on the bike?
--
Bob C

Hey Bob just wondering, how are you making out with your wrist ? I
reckon the cast is off now.

Another wrist slapping spindrift UK 73 June 16th 07 08:05 PM
Another wrist slapping spindrift UK 0 May 23rd 07 11:00 AM
George SAVED Levi's ass, riding with a broken wrist!!!! Impressive [email protected] Racing 19 February 26th 07 06:49 PM
Advice on broken wrist trek-man Australia 1 October 16th 05 09:48 PM
Riding wheel with broken spokes, rebuilding same Michael Rasmussen Techniques 22 December 23rd 04 05:11 PM