Drivers lose 3 days a year stuck in traffic jams.

Old May 26th 11, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Drivers lose 3 days a year stuck in traffic jams.

Congestion costs the economy billions a year and wastes shedloads of
time. Plus drivers say that they jump red lights and exceed the speed
limit to try and get the wasted time back.

http://road.cc/content/news/36320-dr...her-says-boris

--
Simon Mason
Old May 26th 11, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 26 May 2011 02:05:42 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

Congestion costs the economy billions a year and wastes shedloads of
time. Plus drivers say that they jump red lights and exceed the speed
limit to try and get the wasted time back.

http://road.cc/content/news/36320-dr...her-says-boris

And there was me thinking this was a cycling newsgroup.

Simple really.

--

Pyscholist Rule Number 6a

If people are continually getting the better of you in arguments - fall back on the "But what about motorists, they are much worse ....".
Respond to a post - or start a new thread with some irrelevant item.
It does no good to the actual argument - but it shows you up as a real prat - and hence you are living up to the psycholist creed.
Old May 26th 11, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Abo

On 26/05/2011 10:05, Simon Mason wrote:
Congestion costs the economy billions a year and wastes shedloads of
time. Plus drivers say that they jump red lights and exceed the speed
limit to try and get the wasted time back.

http://road.cc/content/news/36320-dr...her-says-boris

--
Simon Mason

Anyone who takes a car into somewhere like central London without good
reason is just mental IMHO, there are so many other transport options. I
used to do a lot of work there a few years back, travelling down from
the North East. If I was down for the day I used to fly. I'd drive down
if I was taking equipment with me though, especially as I'd often be
working over multiple sites across the city.

I tried couriering the equipment down but then you were relying on both
the courier getting it delivered when they said they would, and for the
people receiving it to not screw things up when it arrived. After it
went wrong twice I just decided to take it myself, in a bit of an 'oh
give it here' way.

Driving around London, especially as a non-local, was a bit of an
education! I was glad when the first Tom Tom came out for the old
iPaq... This was what, 7 or 8 years ago? I can only imagine things have
got worse.
Old May 26th 11, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_4_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Congestion costs the economy billions a year and wastes shedloads of
time. Plus drivers say that they jump red lights and exceed the speed
limit to try and get the wasted time back.

Bicycles? Cycling? You posted it to the wrong group. Now behave yourself
Simon.

uk.rec.driving is the correct place.

Old May 26th 11, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On May 26, 10:17*am, Abo wrote:

Driving around London, especially as a non-local, was a bit of an
education! I was glad when the first Tom Tom came out for the old
iPaq... This was what, 7 or 8 years ago? I can only imagine things have
got worse.

That takes me back. My first GPS was the Garmin GPS III which I bought
way back in 1996.
It was nearly 400 quid and you got a tiny b+w screen with only the
very major roads on it.
To enter your destination, you had to toggle the arrow on the screen
to the exact latitude and longitude co-ordinates and enter it as a
waypoint.
To reach your destination, you basically had to follow the arrow on
the display which pointed at your end point and keep it pointing up
until the distance to destination reading read a few feet, at which
point, if you were lucky, the hotel would be in front of your face. If
it wasn't, you had to find a garage and buy a street map.
The Nuvi 3790T I use now is infinitely more advanced, but not as
challenging!

--
Simon Mason
Old May 26th 11, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On May 26, 10:46*am, "Mr. Benn" wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

Congestion costs the economy billions a year and wastes shedloads of
time. Plus drivers say that they jump red lights and exceed the speed
limit to try and get the wasted time back.

Bicycles? *Cycling? *You posted it to the wrong group. *Now behave yourself
Simon.

uk.rec.driving is the correct place.

Better e-mail road.cc and tell them that the article does not belong
on a cycling website then.

Oh wait.

"That is not necessarily the direction we have been going. In London
there are more people walking, cycling and going by public transport,
but there are also more people making journeys by car"

Ah. On topic after all.
--
Simon Mason

Old May 26th 11, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On May 26, 11:04*am, Simon Mason wrote:
On May 26, 10:46*am, "Mr. Benn" wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

Congestion costs the economy billions a year and wastes shedloads of
time. Plus drivers say that they jump red lights and exceed the speed
limit to try and get the wasted time back.

Bicycles? *Cycling? *You posted it to the wrong group. *Now behave yourself
Simon.

uk.rec.driving is the correct place.

Better e-mail road.cc and tell them that the article does not belong
on a cycling website then.

Oh wait.

"That is not necessarily the direction we have been going. In London
there are more people walking, cycling and going by public transport,
but there are also more people making journeys by car"

Ah. On topic after all.
--
Simon Mason

No, you don't understand. The arbiters of what is acceptable on urc
are Judith, Mr Benn, Medicated and co. They have the best interests of
cyclists at heart, you know.
Old May 26th 11, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_4_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On May 26, 10:46 am, "Mr. Benn" wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

Congestion costs the economy billions a year and wastes shedloads of
time. Plus drivers say that they jump red lights and exceed the speed
limit to try and get the wasted time back.

Bicycles? Cycling? You posted it to the wrong group. Now behave
yourself
Simon.

uk.rec.driving is the correct place.

Better e-mail road.cc and tell them that the article does not belong
on a cycling website then.

Oh wait.

"That is not necessarily the direction we have been going. In London
there are more people walking, cycling and going by public transport,
but there are also more people making journeys by car"

Ah. On topic after all.

It clearly wasn't your intention for the post to be on-topic. It was to
antagonise readers who use a car for some of their journeys. Those are the
actions of a troll. You are no better than Doug in that respect.

Old May 26th 11, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On May 26, 11:33*am, "Mr. Benn" wrote:
[...]

On the other hand the first reader response to the article on road.cc
was "ha ha lol get a bike then"
Old May 26th 11, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

[...]

Like me, for example?
So it was an attempt to antagonise myself?
Or are speeding and red light jumping cars due to drivers holding each
other up *very* much of a concern for those of us cyclists who see
these drivers every day and the way they put innocent people in
danger?

*Those are the
actions of a troll. *

Does it take a troll, to spot a "troll"?

And why do you never take Cheerless, Judith, Medjob, Nugent et al to
task for their trolling?
You seem to be strangely silent when they are at work.

--
Simon Mason