Interesting eBay auction

Old July 20th 04, 09:25 PM
Jon Senior

Default Interesting eBay auction

Simonb opined the
following...
Are they available in black? I always associate black groupsets with
supermarket bikes!

As of 2003. Sadly mine came in silver, I think the black looks awesome.
(But not enough to justify another road bike!).

Jon
Old July 20th 04, 10:20 PM
Richard Bates

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:32:15 +0100, in
, "Colin Blackburn"
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:28:01 +0900, James Annan
wrote:

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

What was your pointless here?

Talking of pointless, it rather defeats the purpose of a killfile if you
all reply to him anyway...

Yes but without knowing and agreeing with the contents of your killfile it
would be difficult to avoid defeating the purpose of your killfile. And,
if many of us knew, and agreed with, each others killfiles I think the
term clique would arise.

Clique? I've tried SPDs, Look and Time, but never Clique. Are they any
good?

--
I remember when the internet was only in black & white.
It only had a few pages but at least they all worked.
Old July 20th 04, 10:52 PM
Jon Senior

Simon Brooke opined the following...
Like this one:
URL:http://www.campagnolo.com/pics/03_GR_RECORD.jpg

::drool:: ::lust::

Have you seen it in real life? Mmmmmmmm. Looks even sexier.

Jon
Old July 21st 04, 12:32 AM
Graeme

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in
:

Whassat? Are you impyling I'm a slaphead? Not so!

Guy

It comes to us all Guy, no point in trying to deny it :-) Actually, it was
meant to be a reference to a vaguely remembered yellow helmet I thought I'd
seen a picture of you wearing, but a quick scan of your web site only shows
one of your sons wearing yellow. Don't worry, we can all see you still have
the hair :-)

Graeme
Old July 21st 04, 12:36 PM
Dr Curious

"Jon Senior" jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk wrote in message
Dr Curious opined the following...
Even if what you suggest were true, how exactly can telling people
how other people view them, be considered hurtful?

Walk up to the next overweight person that you find and tell them that
you find their physique revolting. If you wouldn't do this, then don't
do it here. Simple.

I'm not as obsessed with people's appearences as you evidently are.
I try and value people for themselves, not what they may look like.

If you find overweight people revolting then I suggest you have a
serious problem. And even more of a problem if you see nothing wrong
in declaring that fact on a public forum or seeking to use it as
an example.

You've quite possibly already caused a good deal of offence to
any overweight readers of this NewsGroup. Or do you seriously imagiine
that the only people who ever read this NewsGroup are actually cyclists ?
Never mind those cycling hundreds of mile every week.

Do you seriously think that overwieght people need reminding
how society in general views them, more especialy the more shallow
individuals such as yourself ? No, you'd never thought of that one either
actually had you?

I don't use NewsGroups as you do, for the purposes of unwittingly
making grossly offensive remarks about whole groups of people who are
unable to declare or defend themselves. And don't try an wriggle
out of it, because it's clearly the first thing that came into your
head. If you didn't think it credible that people could at least
*think* in those terms about obese people behind their backs, you
wouldn't have used it as an example.

When people are scarcastic towards me than I'll be scarcastic back in
in return. But I don't go around picking on people. If people don't
want to play then that's fine by me. But basically if you can't take
it, then you shouldn't start dishing it out in the first place.

But before you start throwing insulting generalisations around
you'd do well to remember that this is a public forum, and as
such it may be being read by almost anybody.

And so before you start doling out even more of the patronising
advice - which you seem to consider yourself so uniquely qualified
to dispense to all and sundry, I'd suggest you keep your true
opinions about obese people to yourself and your mates in the pub.
And keep them off of here, and off of Usenet, in general. Simple.

Curious

Jon

Old July 21st 04, 12:36 PM
Dr Curious

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message

I'll say what I mean if you like: you're a ****wit.

Irony at its best!

At the end of the day you just can't beat a bit of originality
and real creativity can you?

A real master at work.

Curious

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington

University

Old July 21st 04, 12:36 PM
Dr Curious

"Simon Brooke" wrote in message

And? An accurate observation does not become less accurate
for being repeated. In case you want a third opinion, I too
think you're a paranoid ****wit. So sue me.

Why should I care what a clown like you thinks ?

3 buffoons each with an IQ of 93, can still only ever have
a combined IQ of 93, no matter what they try and do.

LMBO!

Curious

Curious

Old July 21st 04, 12:42 PM
Ambrose Nankivell

"Dr Curious" writes:
"Simon Brooke" wrote in message

And? An accurate observation does not become less accurate
for being repeated. In case you want a third opinion, I too
think you're a paranoid ****wit. So sue me.

Why should I care what a clown like you thinks ?

3 buffoons each with an IQ of 93, can still only ever have
a combined IQ of 93, no matter what they try and do.

I think you're sailing close to the wind if you're trying to call me,
Simon, Guy, Jon or Michael dim. This is not the impression I have of
any of these people.