Cannondale Jekyll 500 WSD for male

Old September 21st 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Javier

Default Cannondale Jekyll 500 WSD for male

This was originally posted on alt.mountainbike.

I'm a male and I'm in the market for a full suspension mountain bike.
The problem is that I can't afford to drop 1400 bucks on one right
now. I found a 2003 Cannondale Jekyll 500 for sale for 600 bucks. My
only concern is that the frame seems to be the Cannondale calls thier
"Féminine Specs". Does this really matter at all given that I'm 5'5"
and currently ride a 16 inch trek 4300?

The bike I'm looking at has hardly been used so I think it's a good
deal overall. I'll only be hitting the trails maybe once a month with
my buddies so this may be a perfect full suspension for me.

Javier

Old September 21st 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

On Sep 21, 6:56*am, Javier wrote:
This was originally posted on alt.mountainbike.

I'm a male and I'm in the market for a full suspension mountain bike.
The problem is that I can't afford to drop 1400 bucks on one right
now. I found a 2003 Cannondale Jekyll 500 for sale for 600 bucks. My
only concern is that the frame seems to be the Cannondale calls thier
"Féminine Specs". Does this really matter at all given that I'm 5'5"
and currently ride a 16 inch trek 4300?

The bike I'm looking at has hardly been used so I think it's a good
deal overall. I'll only be hitting the trails maybe once a month with
my buddies so this may be a perfect full suspension for me.

Javier

If you ride it, your privates will shrivel up and fall off.

Seriously, WSD bikes tend to have shorter top tubes, so you might need
a longer stem. Other than that, should be fine if it fits.

I'd be mostly concerned about powder blue paint and flower designs on
the frame.

Is this it?
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/03/ce/model-3VN5W.html
Nice looking bike.
Old September 21st 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Javier

On Sep 21, 2:07*pm, Hank wrote:
On Sep 21, 6:56*am, Javier wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the tips. Acutally it's this one.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/bik/847708421.html