Wolber rims

Old May 1st 05, 04:26 PM
anderson

Default Wolber rims

I've been offered a set of Wolber TX Profil and Mavic cpx 21 rims for
my
bikes. Has anyone here ever used the Wolber Tx Profil, and if so what
was their opinion of them?

maander

--
anderson

Old May 1st 05, 06:50 PM
Zog The Undeniable

anderson wrote:

I've been offered a set of Wolber TX Profil and Mavic cpx 21 rims for
my
bikes. Has anyone here ever used the Wolber Tx Profil, and if so what
was their opinion of them?

Their nickname is "Wobler" (spelling error intentional). Seriously, I
have some Wolber AT400 rims on my MTB that have survived infrequent
rides but heavy abuse (jumping etc) for more than a decade. If they're
well built they should be fine.
Old May 2nd 05, 10:54 AM
Basjan

"anderson" wrote in message

I've been offered a set of Wolber TX Profil and Mavic cpx 21 rims for
my
bikes. Has anyone here ever used the Wolber Tx Profil, and if so what
was their opinion of them?

I have used Wolber TX Profil on a previous bike and they were fantastic. I
have to add that the wheels were built well, but they remained true and for
thousands of km´s. I once went straight though a patch of road where the
pavement (asphalt) were cut out in a rectangle for maintenance (sharp edges
spaced 2 meters apart) - I hit the cut-out at around 35-40 km/h, both water
bottles went flying, the wheels were straight and round. I was extremely
impressed...

Basjan

Old May 2nd 05, 12:05 PM
Andy M-S

I had a set of these once, purchased used with many miles on them, and
they held up very, very well. I would still be riding them save for
the truck that took out your humble servant AND the rims, along with
the bike.

Unfortunately, I have no direct knowledge of the CXP21s...