Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old March 3rd 05, 05:07 PM
johnfoss

Default Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Today I spared the air! For the first time this year I *finally* got off
my butt and rode to work (Coker). I feel good! And out of shape!

Today's quote comes from a runner, going the other way on the American
River Bike Path:
"Open your mouth wide—you can have lots of bugs for breakfast!"

I never heard that one before. Oddly, I met him right where I turn off
onto the dirt for my shortcut out to the neighborhood.

I only saw two other bikes on my whole 3-4 mile stretch of bike path.
During the summer it's a dozen minimum, usually more. I saw about 10
runners, and 1 inline skater. So I'm not the only lazy one this time of
year.

Quote #2, from a lady who held the door of my building open for me:
"Where's the rest of it?" I said I left it at home; it's too heavy.

Add your good non-rider quotes here.

--
johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old March 3rd 05, 05:50 PM
steve0we

I dont have any good ones but..............

ITS JOHNS BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!

--
steve0we - Just removed training wheel!

This is Wheelie Wheelie FUN!
steve0we's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8643

Old March 3rd 05, 05:55 PM
Krashin'Kenny

Yeah, that's right, last night while SteveOwe and I were riding on some
short walls downtown, this lady walks by and yelled "Hey, did ya'll know
tomorrow is Johnfoss's birthday?"

That was REALLY strange

Happy Birthday John!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Old April 22nd 05, 03:56 PM
U-Turn

-Riding to do errands in February with cycling tights on....-

Woman in line in post office: "Wow! How do you get legs like that?
Really nice! I work out all the time and still have chicken legs."

"Bicycling and unicycling, mostly unicycling."

Woman behind counter: "Yeah, he rides all over the place."

Made my day.

--
U-Turn - As long as my feet keep movin'...

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

Old April 22nd 05, 08:53 PM
evil-nick

Being currently wheeless, my current comments have mostly been from
friends saying either "Where's your wheel?" or "Man, I'm seeing
unicycles all over the place now!" To which I do a Burns-ish finger
movement whilst saying "Excellent..."

--
evil-nick - Unicyclist, Linux Geek, & swell guy

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

Old April 22nd 05, 10:27 PM
Unitik908

Not sure if any one said this, but when they say as im riding "Hey can
you ride that?"

Chase

--
Unitik908 - Level 5

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...

R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Pope John Paul II

Old April 22nd 05, 11:43 PM
johnfoss

Unitik908 wrote:
*Not sure if any one said this, but when they say as im riding "Hey
can you ride that?" *

We did that one as a cartoon in the On One Wheel back in 1983. It
showed a guy riding a giraffe, and a litle kid on the ground saying
something like "Hey, can you really ride that?" The guy on the giraffe
just has a grim expression on his face.

Yesterday I got the very common kid question "How do you *do* that?" As
I was passing by I just said "Like this!"

--
johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old April 22nd 05, 11:55 PM
lleberg

Riding on my 20", using my 26" ultimate wheel as a steering wheel, you
get a lot of people looking strange at you..

A comment i got was "Oh my god! Using the spare wheel for steering?
Clever thinking!"

I say hello to allmost everybody i meet, and i do a couple of circles
once in a while, just to show it's working properly!

--
lleberg - Level 4 unicyclist

I 3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

Old April 23rd 05, 01:45 AM
digigal1

Unitik908 wrote:
*Not sure if any one said this, but when they say as im riding "Hey
can you ride that?"

Chase *

I had one kid say, "Mommy, (while I was riding) she CAN'T ride that!!
He seemed quite upset that I was interfering with his understanding of
reality.

--
digigal1 - Level 1 on a good day

Raphael never stopped being my hero.
digigal1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5848

Old July 13th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

Me with a giraffe
Kid: Can you ride that?
Me: no I carry it around to look cool.

--
torkerdx

unicycling is about sucking it up and going for it. unless your a
freestyler. and then your just lame.
torkerdx's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12543