London Critical Mass October ride

Old October 31st 10, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
BrianW[_2_]

Default London Critical Mass October ride

On Oct 31, 4:23*pm, Tony Raven wrote:
BrianW wrote:
I went out on a club ride yesterday, Doug. *We obeyed all relevant
laws, including stopping at red lights. *It's really not difficult to
do.

Did you have reflectors on your pedals?

Yes, thanks.
Old November 1st 10, 07:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 31 Oct, 13:40, JNugent wrote:
On 31/10/2010 10:52, Doug wrote:

On 30 Oct, 19:57, *wrote:
On Oct 30, 4:20 pm, *wrote:

On 30 Oct, 12:50, Derek *wrote: *On Oct 30, 12:37 pm, *wrote: *A jolly event this time, homing in on the financial district.
Repeatedly hooting motorists were jeered.

Any well deserved rammings of cyclists?

So you approve of the deliberate ramming of cyclists by motorists? Why
am I not surprised? Have you ever rammed one or several?

-- .
Critical Mass Londonhttp://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist or I will ram you!".

Just to get first hand experience of CM I joined them Friday, I saw no
ramming of cyclists

This was a possible ramming...

"...Another girl fell off in the Mall and hit the road hard. The
police provided assistance and many thanks to them for their help. A
taxi driver was questioned by them as he had been driving very
aggressively before the incident...."

Did the police *tell* you that they had "questioned" a cab-driver?

Did they tell you *why*?

How do you know that the "questioning" wasn't something along the lines:
"This [insert description]'s fallen off her bike. Did you see it happen?"?

What is it about the word 'possible' you do not understand?

Doug.
Old November 1st 10, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 31 Oct, 13:48, BrianW wrote:
On Oct 31, 6:47*am, Doug wrote:

BTW, I have in the past ridden in club rides, which similarly
sometimes ride on pavements and go through red lights etc., but they
are not deemed in law to be a special 'procession' as is London CM.

I went out on a club ride yesterday, Doug. *We obeyed all relevant
laws, including stopping at red lights. *It's really not difficult to
do.

Maybe not but one ride is not necessarily typical of all the rest.

Doug.
Old November 1st 10, 07:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 01/11/2010 07:08, Doug wrote:
On 31 Oct, 13:48, wrote:
On Oct 31, 6:47 am, wrote:

BTW, I have in the past ridden in club rides, which similarly
sometimes ride on pavements and go through red lights etc., but they
are not deemed in law to be a special 'procession' as is London CM.

I went out on a club ride yesterday, Doug. We obeyed all relevant
laws, including stopping at red lights. It's really not difficult to
do.

Maybe not but one ride is not necessarily typical of all the rest.

Doug.

And critical mess is not typical of cyclists.

--
Tony Dragon
Old November 1st 10, 07:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 01/11/2010 07:04, Doug wrote:
On 31 Oct, 13:40, wrote:
On 31/10/2010 10:52, Doug wrote:

On 30 Oct, 19:57, wrote:
On Oct 30, 4:20 pm, wrote:

[...]

Why don't you answer the question?

--
Tony Dragon
Old November 1st 10, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 1 Nov, 07:33, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 01/11/2010 07:04, Doug wrote:

On 31 Oct, 13:40, *wrote:
On 31/10/2010 10:52, Doug wrote:

On 30 Oct, 19:57, * *wrote:
On Oct 30, 4:20 pm, * *wrote:

[...]

Because the question ignored the word 'possible' I used previously. If
you are going to ask questions at least ensure they are correct.

Doug.

Old November 1st 10, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

Will there be a CM on the last Friday of November, or will it be too
cold and dark by then?
Old November 1st 10, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 01/11/2010 07:04, Doug wrote:
On 31 Oct, 13:40, wrote:
On 31/10/2010 10:52, Doug wrote:

On 30 Oct, 19:57, wrote:
On Oct 30, 4:20 pm, wrote:

[...]

I understand that when you use it in this context, it means "imaginary".
Old November 1st 10, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 01/11/2010 07:39, Doug wrote:
On 1 Nov, 07:33, Tony wrote:
On 01/11/2010 07:04, Doug wrote:

On 31 Oct, 13:40, wrote:
On 31/10/2010 10:52, Doug wrote:

On 30 Oct, 19:57, wrote:
On Oct 30, 4:20 pm, wrote:

[...]

"Possible" = "Doug made it up".
Old November 1st 10, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 01/11/2010 07:39, Doug wrote:
On 1 Nov, 07:33, Tony wrote:
On 01/11/2010 07:04, Doug wrote:

On 31 Oct, 13:40, wrote:
On 31/10/2010 10:52, Doug wrote:

On 30 Oct, 19:57, wrote:
On Oct 30, 4:20 pm, wrote:

[...]

My question had nothing to do with the word 'possible' but if you can't
answer it, then OK.

--
Tony Dragon