London Critical Mass October ride

Old November 1st 10, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
roger merriman

Default London Critical Mass October ride

BrianW wrote:

On Oct 31, 6:47 am, Doug wrote:
BTW, I have in the past ridden in club rides, which similarly
sometimes ride on pavements and go through red lights etc., but they
are not deemed in law to be a special 'procession' as is London CM.

I went out on a club ride yesterday, Doug. We obeyed all relevant
laws, including stopping at red lights. It's really not difficult to
do.

indeed, further to that most if not all clubs will atempt to follow the
law, certinaly no RLJ or pavement riding etc.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com
Old November 2nd 10, 07:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 1 Nov, 08:05, Derek C wrote:
On Nov 1, 7:39*am, Doug wrote:

Will there be a CM on the last Friday of November, or will it be too
cold and dark by then?

There is a CM ride every month in London but some are bigger than
others.

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
Drivers ram cyclists because they can.
Old November 2nd 10, 07:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 1 Nov, 19:26, (Roger Merriman) wrote:
BrianW wrote:
On Oct 31, 6:47 am, Doug wrote:
BTW, I have in the past ridden in club rides, which similarly
sometimes ride on pavements and go through red lights etc., but they
are not deemed in law to be a special 'procession' as is London CM.

I went out on a club ride yesterday, Doug. *We obeyed all relevant
laws, including stopping at red lights. *It's really not difficult to
do.

indeed, further to that most if not all clubs will atempt to follow the
law, certinaly no RLJ or pavement riding etc.

They do mostly but I have known club rides in the past which have
not.

It is probably true to say that everyone breaks some law or other
sometime or other, given the proliferation of laws, some of which
place cyclists lives in danger in order to accommodate drivers..
Allowing street garaging of cars, with its flung open doors, is a
prime example. Allowing life threatening air pollution and speeds from
cars is another.

It is also probably true to say that most cyclists who suffer the
inconvenience of riding on pavements are scared ****less of our busy
roads. Similarly RLJ may sometimes offer greater safety from a mass of
fast accelerating traffic.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Old November 2nd 10, 07:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 02/11/2010 07:19, Doug wrote:
On 1 Nov, 08:05, Derek wrote:
On Nov 1, 7:39 am, wrote:

Will there be a CM on the last Friday of November, or will it be too
cold and dark by then?

There is a tourist event ride every month in London but some are bigger than
others.

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
Drivers ram cyclists because they can.

ICYPFY
--
Tony Dragon
Old November 2nd 10, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:07:24 +0000, JMS wrote:

ffs - 33 lines in order to post 2 lines of ****e.

Well done Porky.

Hagfish are the perfect example of the beauty of ugly. Hagfish are deep-
sea
creatures with an eel-like body shape. Reaching 3-feet in length, they
are jawless,
boneless, scaleless deep-sea scavengers that ooze slime — buckets of
slime. Hagfish
are so disgusting scientists shudder when they accidentally catch one.
When asked to
describe hagfish deep-sea researcher Tamara Frank said, “Bleeeecccchhh.”
She added,
“I know they play a very important role in the marine ecosystem, but
bleeecccchhhh!”

67.4% of statistics are made up.
Old November 2nd 10, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

wrote:
On Oct 31, 6:47 am, wrote:
BTW, I have in the past ridden in club rides, which similarly
sometimes ride on pavements and go through red lights etc., but they
are not deemed in law to be a special 'procession' as is London CM.

I went out on a club ride yesterday, Doug. We obeyed all relevant
laws, including stopping at red lights. It's really not difficult to
do.

indeed, further to that most if not all clubs will atempt to follow the
law, certinaly no RLJ or pavement riding etc.

They do mostly but I have known club rides in the past which have
not.

It is probably true to say that everyone breaks some law or other
sometime or other,

Well you do it all the time.

given the proliferation of laws, some of which
place cyclists lives in danger in order to accommodate drivers..
Allowing street garaging of cars,

Which is not against the law.

with its flung open doors, is a
prime example. Allowing life threatening air pollution and speeds from
cars is another.

It is also probably true to say that most cyclists who suffer the
inconvenience of riding on pavements are scared ****less of our busy
roads.

Or they could just be lazy sods who think rules do no apply to them.

Similarly RLJ may sometimes offer greater safety from a mass of
fast accelerating traffic.

But of course endangers other road users.

-- .

Old November 3rd 10, 02:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:01:25 +0000, JMS wrote:

Ho, ho, ho, - that is certainly rich coming from Porky Pinocchio
Chapman.

Have you found that post where I vowed to wreck URC - or did you make it
up?

--

How's the depression?

PS - no-one - but no-one - is impressed by this PGP ****e. Do you
actually think it serves a purpose?
Have there *ever* been any posts which purported to be from you, which
were forgeries - and which were not obviously forgeries?

(WTF is a "public ket")

Still - keep it up - it proves that you are a knob for those that didn't
know.

The hagfish is a bottom feeder so repulsive it had a cameo on TV's "Fear
Factor." It slimes its enemies, has rows of teeth on its tongue, and
feeds on the innards of rotting fish by penetrating any orifice.

But cooked and served on a plate, it is considered an aphrodisiac in
South Korea.

--

snip

--
67.4% of statistics are made up.
Old November 4th 10, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Williams

Tony Raven writes:

Doug wrote:

Motorists on this cycling NG like to believe that CM is absolutely
reprehensible but others more sensible than they disagree with them.

I'm not saying it's reprehensible, just that it's been totally
ineffective at what you claim it is trying to do. So give me one
example of where CM has actually made a difference for ordinary
cyclists in London. I've been cycling there for much of those ~16
years and I can't see one.

I've only read all of Doug's post in this thread, but I can't see where
he makes any such claim. Can you provide a reference?

For the sake of completeness, could you also give an example of the
achievements from the `activists campaigning' mentioned upthread? I
could do with a laugh.

--
Mark
Old November 5th 10, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_3_]

Keller. A complete ****wit from NZ with a serious mental problem.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.