Congratulations Guys

Old November 7th 20, 12:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Congratulations Guys

I see that y'all are the world leader in the Covid-19 sweepstakes this
morning with 99,735 new cases since yesterday and a grand total of
10,021,282 cases to date. And you are leading the pack in the death
rate Olympics in countries with a population of 250 million or
greater.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old November 7th 20, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 11/6/2020 6:59 PM, John B. wrote:

I see that y'all are the world leader in the Covid-19 sweepstakes this
morning with 99,735 new cases since yesterday and a grand total of
10,021,282 cases to date. And you are leading the pack in the death
rate Olympics in countries with a population of 250 million or
greater.

A positive test is not a 'case', despite much media
handwringing. People in food, medical, hospitality,
transportation (among other industries) need two negative
tests in order to go back to work so they test every day.

A 'case' (some subset of positive tests)covers great
variance in presentation. Most are asymptomatic, some large
number have minor symptoms, a smaller number have severe
symptoms, Some of those require hospitalization and, of
those, some die.

Given that we test more (by number and proportional to
population) than anywhere else it makes sense that more
positives will be found. If there's any deeper meaning it
escapes me.

On a humorous note, the 'animal rights' types were defending
bats and their place among the earth's fauna early on when
the CCP unleashed its bioweapon derived from bat viruses.

Now, the Danes are culling their chinese-virus-infected mink
farms and the 'animal rights' groups say go for it; nobody
needs a mink. Girlfriend (one dark and a white one, both
full length) was irate at that. Apparently there aren't any
skinny Wisconsin residents among the 'woke' or they'd know
that mink is a necessity for five months every year.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old November 7th 20, 01:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sat, 07 Nov 2020 07:59:05 +0700, John B.
wrote:

I see that y'all are the world leader in the Covid-19 sweepstakes this
morning with 99,735 new cases since yesterday and a grand total of
10,021,282 cases to date. And you are leading the pack in the death
rate Olympics in countries with a population of 250 million or
greater.

The cause of these new cases is obvious:

"Counties with worst virus surges overwhelmingly voted Trump"
https://apnews.com/article/counties-worst-virus-surges-voted-trump-d671a483534024b5486715da6edb6ebf

as is the solution.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old November 7th 20, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 06 Nov 2020 19:21:29 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

[...]

Re minks, etc.

Given that the U.S. kills some 850 million chickens a year to support
Kentucky Fried and some 25 million cows a year to support McDonalds
the slaughter of a few mink to make a coat seems negligible.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old November 7th 20, 02:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 11/6/2020 7:53 PM, John B. wrote:
[...]

Girls prefer mink.

Old November 7th 20, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, November 7, 2020 at 2:42:33 AM UTC, AMuzi wrote:

Girls prefer mink.

Only when they cannot squeeze another diamond into their jewel box. -- AJ
Old November 7th 20, 03:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 6:42:33 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

Maybe girl minks prefer mink.

I think many minks deserve death -- caged minks are foul. They're not noble animals like turkeys. Anyway, Patagonia fleece is the new mink. Or Louis Vuitton embossed plastic anything.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old November 7th 20, 04:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Saturday, November 7, 2020 at 3:32:30 AM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

A mink that someone kept, probably illegally, as a pet, escaped, and killed one of the swans on the river below me. It didn't eat the swan, it just killed it because that's what a mink does; it's a nasty animal. A sad business, as swans mate for life and the remaining one of the pair was fading visibly.

I don't know what foul chemical concoction makes "Patagonia fleece", but Peruan fleece, from the vicuna and its close relatives, is better than wool for keeping one warm. I have a vicuna coat -- which I put on my expense account only after enquiring closely that no animals were killed or hurt or humiliated or treated with discourtesy in its harvesting -- and a scarf knitted for me by a lady in Kentucky with homespun fleece from her own animals (one of which, amazingly, she got from the animal pound). The fleece is too warm for cyclists, I suspect, but the animals have the bad habit of spitting at everyone who comes near them, which reminds me a lot of certain parties on RBT.

I've been to Patagonia and, on the whole, I'd rather traverse the Drake Passage again under sail, a dangerous business in miserable conditions, than travel too far in Patagonia, where they have aggressive water rats that stand nearly as tall as I do.

Andre Jute
Conservationist
Old November 7th 20, 05:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 19:32:27 -0800 (PST), jbeattie
wrote:

[...]

You've obviously never raised turkeys. If anything they are more
stupid than chickens.

I suppose that living in what is generally a pretty warm country if a
reason that fur coats aren't a real fashion statement here. What works
far better, here, is a real gold necklace, a 2 baht chain - about 1
troy ounce will catch their eye every time :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old November 7th 20, 12:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 6:42:33 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 11/6/2020 7:53 PM, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 06 Nov 2020 19:21:29 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

Now, the Danes are culling their chinese-virus-infected mink farms
and the 'animal rights' groups say go for it; nobody needs a mink.
Girlfriend (one dark and a white one, both full length) was irate
at that.

They should think longer-term. The Danish mink farming is likely dead (and
might switch to wind-energized "medical" weed) - but eventually, the value
of the remaining mink furs might rise. Especially if they find out the
minks' coronavirus had really been there concurrently with the Wuhan type.

Re minks, etc.

Given that the U.S. kills some 850 million chickens a year to
support Kentucky Fried and some 25 million cows a year to support
McDonalds the slaughter of a few mink to make a coat seems
negligible.

Girls prefer mink.

Maybe girl minks prefer mink.

I think many minks deserve death -- caged minks are foul. They're not
noble animals like turkeys.

Do stay away from Danish spam and "farmed trout" for a while!

My cyclist antiviral winter snack recommendation:
https://malincho.com/departments/chocolate/chocolate-boxes/trumpf-edle-tropfen-in-nuss-liquor-chocolate-box-vodka-lounge-100g.html

Congratulations to... Bob Schwartz[_3_] Racing 0 September 9th 09 04:42 PM
Congratulations to... Bob Schwartz[_3_] Racing 17 September 9th 09 04:21 AM
No congratulations for you! tom Mountain Biking 4 November 10th 06 04:09 PM
Congratulations PB David Martin UK 8 February 1st 06 03:59 PM
Congratulations jsm UniBrier Unicycling 12 April 12th 05 06:07 PM