Don't make Lance Mad

Old August 7th 04, 02:23 AM
Tom Kunich

Default Don't make Lance Mad

"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" wrote in message
"Tom Kunich" schreef in bericht
nk.net...
"Chris" wrote in message
. ..

Yeah, that is what sports are all about. Getting back at fans.

Well, according to you it's all about giving away victories.

There's no logic in that. If Armstrong doesn't hate his opponents because

of
that opponent's fans, he is giving away victories? He can win without
thinking it was Kloeden who spit at him - a reasonable thought anyway.

Well, I thought that you were arguing that Lance shouldn't be winning and
should share the wealth as it were. My point is that he should ACT like a
Champion if he IS a Champion. And the fact that it must have gauled about
twenty dozen German fans is just icing on the cake. Hard luck for Kloden and
Ullrich that their fans ****ed off Lance.

If you read Hinault's book you'll see the same sort of person. That's why
Bernard leaned over to Lance as he came up on the stage and said, "Perfect".

Old August 7th 04, 02:28 AM
Tom Kunich

"Chris" wrote in message
. ..

The problem is that you missed the point entirely. Sure he is a cycling
legend, but of another kind. He needs to spend time with Hinault and

Merckx.
It looks like he patched things up with Eddy so maybe Lance will spend the
last few years not showing what an asshole he is. Lance's best years as

far
as keeping his foot out of his mouth came from rooming with Sean Yates and

guess possibly from having Eddy as a concultant and friend slash father
figure that Lance can respect.

I guess you just haven't bothered to talk to people or study history about
bicycle racing. Hinault and Merckx were HATED. There were people out there
that would dope their water or punch them as they passed. Hell, by
comparison Lance is loved.

Old August 7th 04, 02:33 AM
benjo maso

"Steven Bornfeld" wrote in message

Kyle Legate wrote:
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS wrote:

Kyle Legate wrote:

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS wrote:

Sorry, I didn't hear anything about you being called
antisemitic--and while it's certainly reasonable to think there may
be an antisemite somewhere in the Netherlands, I would say that
your country's history speaks for itself with regard to its history
of protecting the Jews from
the Nazis.

Are you referring to the Anne Frank myth?

Well, there's a lot more than that. I have known Jews from the
Netherlands whose families were sheltered during the war.
Not to discount the layers of schmaltz on the story, why would you
refer to the Anne Frank story as a "myth"?

Because it likely doesn't represent the real story. There's no doubt

that
the family was harboured above a warehouse in Amsterdam, hiding jews

from
the nazis was a national pasttime. But one opinion is that the story as
related by the diary was actually written by Anne Frank's father, not

Anne
Frank, and thus the story's accuracy is not known.

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v03/v03p147_Faurisson.html

Thanks--I had forgotten about that theory.

You didn't miss anything. It's a theory in no way founded on facts. The
manuscripts of the two versions of the diary have been thouroughly
investigated and they were both written by Anne Frank herself and not one
word by her father. Of course it won't stop the neo-nazi's to claim it is a
fabrication.

Benjo Maso

Old August 7th 04, 02:42 AM
Tim Lines

Chris wrote:

You must be projecting.

If so, I'm not alone.

What are you doing when you get angry about Lance's anger and claim that
YOU never feel anger.

What you need to do is deal with the anger. Quit denying it and deal
with it.

Use your favorite search engine for mental health support as soon as you
decide to tackle your emotional problems. It only make things worse to
project on to others that you don't know. Best of luck to you in finding
happiness. You won't find it here trying to abuse people.

This is, of course, non-abusive. Right?

You're FUNNY! Every time you accuse someone of something, you then
follow it by doing the exact thing you've accused them of. Then you
claim superiority because you're above the behavior you've just indulged
in. This is better than anything I've seen on SNL in 25 years or so.

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply
Old August 7th 04, 02:45 AM
Tim Lines

Chris wrote:

Wrong direction. You see, the point is that the fans should not have that
much influence either way. Your supposed to be a pro, not a
multi-millionaire pussy that needs to get mad to launch an attack.

Why do you care what goes on in someone else's head? And how exactly
can you be so sure?

All you know for sure is that Lance says he gets angry and he directs
that anger into winning races.

And there's something about that which REALLY pushes your buttons,
doesn't it?

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply
Old August 7th 04, 02:53 AM
Tim Lines

Chris wrote:

He may be a nice guy
most of the time, but when big stars act like assholes it gets a lot of
press and is remembered much more than just about anything else about them.
I did not make the rules, I am just observing.

This is actually true. And sometimes Lance IS an asshole.

But sometimes people look too hard.

Do you ever race? Ever talked to a coach or read any sports psychology?
People use all sorts of strange things to motivate themselves when
racing. The stuff that works for one guy sounds whacked out to the
next. But if it works, it works.

Sometimes when I'm on the bike, I tell myself I'm exhaling lactic acid.
And it helps. When I get off the bike, it sounds nutty even to me.
But it works even if it doesn't make sense.

What Lance thinks when he's on his bike doesn't HAVE to make sense. It
just has to work for him. It's the same with everyone else.

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply
Old August 7th 04, 03:31 AM
Tom Paterson

From: "benjo maso"

The
manuscripts of the two versions of the diary have been thouroughly
investigated and they were both written by Anne Frank herself and not one
word by her father. Of course it won't stop the neo-nazi's to claim it is a
fabrication.

Not a fabrication. I seem to remember some editing (leaving out, not changing)
by the father, noted in the AF Amsterdam museum. True? --TP
Old August 7th 04, 07:10 AM
Pete

Chris puked:

Lance, for the good of cycling, please go away! Your fans can't
handle the burden of making you a hero.

Your envy is very unbecoming.

---

Old August 7th 04, 07:19 AM
Pete

Chris wrote:

No, you are absolutely correct. It is widely known that Lance gets
mostly motivated from negative emotions like the fear of losing or
anger, revenge etc.

Who gives a **** what he uses for motivation. What matters is that it works.
It's so very sad that your sensibilities are offended by this.

I thought the quote was in response to his reason for chasing down the
break. The response to it at the time is a good one but telling your
fans that what motivated you was getting revenge (again?) on German
fans...I think that is even more devisive. At the root of this
problem Lance has WRT not being accepted by European fans is his
crappy attitudes towards Europe from the moment he got there. Think
about it, he only ever raced for "American" teams his whole career as
if he is afraid of Europe.

Yeah, that's it. He's afraid of Europe.

I have raced before and I have never been spat upon,

Possibly because nobody cares what you do?

The whole point I am making is that the single person most
responsible for Lance's treatment by European fans is him. He is
constantly insulting people. Calling the fans that spit on him
"German" (I doubt he knows for sure where they are from and why even
mention the nation?)

Perhaps because they were shouting in German?

---

Old August 7th 04, 07:28 AM
Pete

Chris wrote:
"Pete" wrote in message
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS wrote:

Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:

There are different ways of motivating yourself, and trying to
prove oneself is a method worthy of more respect than just trying
to make others miserable. But then again, if Armstrong emptied a
machinegun at the fans there would probably still be people
defending him, so these discussions don't really matter.

2) Who would defend him, the Branch Davidians? Why would you take
such a gratuitous swipe at his fans?

Because Jonathan's another one of those U.S. hating Euroidiots.

Can't say I blame him if you are one of the smarter Americans. That
means that a majority of Americans are idiots. Could that be true?
Even many Americans seem to think so.

My what a clever fellow you are. The fact that you defend Jonathan's heinous
statement speaks volumes about your character and intelligence.

---

LANCE ARMSTRONG'S BID FOR COVETED SIXTH TOUR DE FRANCE FOILED Richard Longwood Racing 6 June 28th 04 03:06 AM
Armstrong's Solicitors Visit Emma B. Lafferty Racing 5 June 19th 04 05:27 AM
Lance and Bicycling Michael Zaharis Racing 44 February 21st 04 02:22 AM
Lance movie Callistus Valerius Racing 60 January 7th 04 02:22 PM
Lance and Sheryl On The Cover...... B. Lafferty Racing 101 November 16th 03 08:22 AM